Jerry77

20hp gas engine

Jerry77

http://www.carrollstream.com/20HP-Gas-Engine-With-Electric-Start-p/2v77.htm    Anyone know anything about this outlet??  Doesn't give the length of the shaft but it is available in 1-1/8 inch $739 including shipping...         ??

Should  have looked further in the ad - lots of motors at good prices....what do you all think?

Edited by Jerry77

pfrederi

Some people have used the Carroll Stream diesels and didn't report issues.  i would want to know if they have ball bearing on the crank shaft or at least some thrust bearing to take the end loading of a WH PTO.  If not you cold use an electric PTO but I personally do not care for the sudden engagement of the electric PTO

• Like 2

varosd

interesting

only a 6 amp charging system?

pfrederi
3 minutes ago, varosd said:

interesting

only a 6 amp charging system?

You are right not much...but the fixed 3 amp systems on some of the 300 series horses were adequate to recharge the battery for starting.  Any lighting however would have to be LEDs but you can get a lot of light for 3-5 amps these days

Jerry77
2 hours ago, varosd said:

only a 6 amp charging system

Yeah, that isn't much  -- looked further thru the ad - they have some good named engines with good specs at what I would consider a good price..,. just don't know if this is a good source or not...it was just for info anyway...:)

SALTYWRIGHT

I HAVE USED 2 OF THERE DIESELS AND NEVER HAD TROUBLE. VERY GOOS SERVICE.    RUSS

• Like 2

953 nut
12 minutes ago, SALTYWRIGHT said:

RUSS

Glad to see a post from you, how are you doing?

• Like 1

SALTYWRIGHT

I AM DOING BETTER NOW.  I BROKE MY BACK IN JAN SO IT HAS SLOWED ME DOWN SOME.  RUSS

• Like 1

DennisThornton
14 hours ago, SALTYWRIGHT said:

I AM DOING BETTER NOW.  I BROKE MY BACK IN JAN SO IT HAS SLOWED ME DOWN SOME.  RUSS

Russell I've overlooked this somehow. My goodness! That sounds terrible! What the heck?