Elkskin's mower junkyard

some custom fab work

Elkskin's mower junkyard

So far i got the light switch bracket made. (had to leave and go somewhere for a bit) but heres what i did. i seen a picture on this site of someone who replied to one my threads had a clear picture of the bracket. so i looked around at metal laying around yard everything was too thin or too thick lol, then i remembered the 2016 yard cart a friend gave me that was bent to non repair. so i looked at the axle support brackets and said to dad here we go correct thickness steel. so looking at picture bracket seemed to be tilted. i the free handed what i thought was close to the bracket. dad cut it out. i bent the bend in the bracket then i took it to the bench grinder and smoothed it out fixed the sides and rounded the corners. i know its probably not exact but custom fab work is what i like and turned out pretty good. i have this habbit of reusing metal lol. i made side panels for sears custom tractors out of oven sides and doors,

0217171450-00.jpg

0217171504-00.jpg0217171803-00.jpg

now the light bar will be made up probably sunday but i am going to do a little custom work to it and make it special. i already fixed up my lights. i am reusing the lights that were attached to hood by a previous owner. but i rewired them and put 35w bulbs in instead of the 60w that was in them.

• Like 2

Elkskin's mower junkyard

i think this should be close enough. 

0217172130-00.jpg

Now heres my rear light choice. toolbox had holes drilled in it already soooo i figured why not use one lol

0217172058-00.jpg

More to come soon has we make up light bar in front

• Like 5

obone

Man that kind of hurts my eyes to look at and it's only a picture. Are those led or regular bulbs?

Elkskin's mower junkyard
3 hours ago, obone said:

Man that kind of hurts my eyes to look at and it's only a picture. Are those led or regular bulbs?

reg lol

smoreau

Looks good!  There's that kind of proud fealing you get when you able to make something work for what you need from something that is junk. I have done this so many times and the fealing never goes away. Great Job!!

• Like 1

Texas Todd

:text-yeahthat:

It does make one feel like McGyver when he solves a problem with repurposed parts or scrap......well done!

• Like 3