T-Mo

Some Drawings

JimmyJam

Nice job! Thanks for sharing!

• Like 1

CZHorse

I don't suppose there are any drawings for the full snow plow.blade and the mid mount grader blade,  would sure be welcome! :-)

T-Mo
1 hour ago, CZHorse said:

I don't suppose there are any drawings for the full snow plow.blade and the mid mount grader blade,  would sure be welcome! :-)

Unfortunately, no.  If I can find time to measure my 42 inch front blade, I can model it and produce a 2D drawing, but the key word is "time".  I may try and do some measurements when I can, though.

• Like 2

T-Mo

I hid this for a while as we thought it might need some protection.  I added title blocks, plus the clevis hitch drawing, and added watermarks to each drawing.  As I tried to explain, these drawings are my own, but the information was taken off of drawings and renderings that have been floating around RS for years.

• Like 3

Sarge

I'd love to see someone generate the CAD files with measurements for making parts - many shops now use CAD based benders/shears/brakes to make metal parts and the correct files would be priceless .

Nice rendering work , btw....love it .

Sarge

• Like 2

Tankman

Nice drawings, saved them!

Question on the dual wheel adaptors. Tubing lengths, dependent on wheel size; i.e.: 8.5's vs10.5's?

T-Mo
14 hours ago, Tankman said:

Nice drawings, saved them!

Question on the dual wheel adaptors. Tubing lengths, dependent on wheel size; i.e.: 8.5's vs10.5's?

Yes, tube size would depend on whatever rim width size.  Best bet is to place them where you want your rims and measure the gap and then size your tubes accordingly.  You could always go longer and cut to the length you need and then get the proper grip length carriage bolts or use threaded rod.  The adapters above are probably based on the 6-12 tires and narrow rims.

• Like 1

T-Mo

BTW, if anyone wants the 3D models, that can be done.  I use NX, but I can export the files in STEP, IGES, or parasolids.  I may placed the models in the manuals section.  Maybe?

• Like 3

cod

NX!!!!  You lucky dog, one of the best CAD packages $$$ can buy.  Started using UG16 years ago and was lucky enough to get to NX3 before I changed organizations and switched to Solid Edge and Solid Works.

After 35 years of screwing around with different CAD packages NX will always be a favorite so enjoy the ride!

Cod

lt230s

Thanks Terry!. Saved for future fabrication.

• Like 1

T-Mo
31 minutes ago, lt230s said:

Thanks Terry!. Saved for future fabrication.

No problem.  I wish I had more stuff to model, but then again, sometimes I don't finish the projects I started. :angry-nono:

Tankman
On ‎2‎/‎17‎/‎2017 at 8:53 AM, T-Mo said:

I took a couple of the drawings floating around here on RS, and made some 3D models.  From that I made 2D drawings.  I enjoy making the 3D models, the 2D drawings not so much, but from the 3D models , it isn't too bad to create the 2D drawings.  The fun part is creating the 3D models though. These were pretty basic and simple.

Thanks for the drawings T-Mo. Which CAD program are you using?

Haven't played with AutoCAD in years but, your drawings inspired me. At 70 years "young" I have time to "play" with Horses and now starting to use CAD again.

Never made 3D's but, have made ISO's. Drafting years ago, resisted AutoCAD. No choice, ALL industry went away from paper drawings to AutoCAD, PDF's, email.

Almost done making a copy in AutoCAD of your clevis hitch. Thanks for sharing. :handgestures-thumbupright:

• Like 1

T-Mo
9 hours ago, Tankman said:

Thanks for the drawings T-Mo. Which CAD program are you using?

Haven't played with AutoCAD in years but, your drawings inspired me. At 70 years "young" I have time to "play" with Horses and now starting to use CAD again.

Never made 3D's but, have made ISO's. Drafting years ago, resisted AutoCAD. No choice, ALL industry went away from paper drawings to AutoCAD, PDF's, email.

Almost done making a copy in AutoCAD of your clevis hitch. Thanks for sharing. :handgestures-thumbupright:

I used NX (Unigraphics).  3D modeling is the way to go.  You can see interference problems that you can't see on a 2D layout.  Also, the 2D drawing views are created off the model.

• Like 1

DennisThornton

Thoughts on an easy to use 3D prog?  I fear I could actually make what I want before I could 3D it. 

• Like 1
  • Excellent 1

T-Mo
On 3/30/2017 at 8:36 AM, DennisThornton said:

Thoughts on an easy to use 3D prog?  I fear I could actually make what I want before I could 3D it. 

Dennis,

Good CAD programs are expensive, and can and will run into the thousands of dollars.  There is one called Google Sketchup that may be relatively cheaper and I do believe they have a free trial period.  I haven't used it, but it may be something to explore.  Other than that, there is Solidworks, and I believe Autocad has different pricing levels that has different and varying capabilities depending on what you want to do.

T-Mo

@Tankman, I couldn't resist modeling up your draw bar drawing.  Also, I'm still playing around with the model of my 551.  I still need to measure some things, a lot of things....

DRAW_BAR.jpg

Wheel Horse 551.jpg

• Like 4
  • Excellent 1

Tankman
2 hours ago, T-Mo said:

@Tankman, I couldn't resist modeling up your draw bar drawing.  Also, I'm still playing around with the model of my 551.  I still need to measure some things, a lot of things....

Looks great! Modeling is beyond my ability these days.

My CAD Suite can do it, never tried. All I've ever done is board work, then AutoCAD drawings. Industry wouldn't settle for less.

A customer told me (long ago), "We need 30 sets of drawings."

I replied, "Do I look like KINKO's to you?"

Answer was, "Can you copy to CD? We'll print  our own."

Solved that ordeal! FedEX'ed a CD!

That was a new task too. Up 'till then all I did was copy music; i.e.: Waylon & Willie, Johnny Cash, Patsy Cline, Charlie Pride, "Roll on Mississippi". :ychain:

Edited by Tankman
  • Excellent 1

DennisThornton

I've played with Sketchup but my efforts pale compared to what I've seen others do with it.  Seems there is a free entry level and a pro version. I'll check into it again. 

Tankman
On ‎4‎/‎4‎/‎2017 at 5:52 PM, DennisThornton said:

I've played with Sketchup but my efforts pale compared to what I've seen others do with it.  Seems there is a free entry level and a pro version. I'll check into it again. 

I know a few who use DesignCAD. Seems to be good enough for home use or light industry. :handgestures-thumbupright:

A free trial I believe is available too.

https://www.turbocad.com/designcad/

• Like 2

Tankman

Was playing with AutoCAD....again. Seems I have forgotten lots since time passed so quickly.

I still recall the DOS days.  :wacko:

Clevis_Hitch-ART.jpg

Clevis_Hitch-ART.pdf

Tankman

Playing at the table with AutoCAD. The dual wheel adaptors are easy enough.

Four (4) carriage bolts length as required depending on wheel size.

Four (4) pieces of pipe, also length as required depending on wheel width.

No metal brake, four (4) pieces of metal. I suggest 12 gauge steel but any size you have will work. :handgestures-thumbupright:

Dual_Wheel_Adaptor.jpg

Dual_Wheel_Adaptor.pdf

• Like 1

T-Mo

Looking good.  It looks like, it's coming back to you.  If you make a drawing of something that isn't in this thread, I can make a 3D model of it.  That is the fun part.