Wheelman817

A little advice for a newbie

Wheelman817

Thanks guys. The current owner stated that he doesn't actually use the tractor, as he owns other ones also. I guess he's more of a collector so to speak. As far as the plow not measuring up, I'm not real sure about it as he didn't have any pics posted of the plow. Guess I'll have to see for myself when I got to look at it. Also, thank you "sparky" for the breakdown in estimates on the pieces of the deal. I may use that as a reference when I go to meet this guy. I'm always open to any and all input from anyone with knowledge

To Maynard: I take it you've found the post I was looking at? Lol

• Like 4

WHX??

Sounds like the guys above got the bases covered so I will just :WRS:. Tons of info here on 520's as most of us  have or had one at one time or another..... just search away.

Oh yes good luck on your possible score! :)

• Like 2

rmaynard
1 hour ago, Wheelman817 said:

To Maynard: I take it you've found the post I was looking at? Lol

Yes. I frequently travel (with my utility trailer) out to Western Maryland (Deep Creek Lake area), so I am always looking within a 2 hour drive of my destination to see if there is anything I need to bring home with me. I was looking at the 1993 520-H for $1850 with 750 hours, two-stage blower, and 42" deck. 

Edited by rmaynard
  • Like 2

Wheelman817

I haven't seen that one as I'm not readily available for much travel at the time

ericj

around here most 520's worth thier salt start at $ 800.00 and go up from there. I have paid up to $ 300.00 for ones with blown motors on them, but that also included some attachments. I know some dealers around here get $ 3600.00 for just a tractor and deck. that's usually the 90 and newer forward swept axles tractors though. with that being said I personally would not give that much for one becuase I'm too cheap. I would bet if most guys had a tractor in that condition and could back up the info on it, would being asking a higher price then what they say they would pay for it. good luck and let us know what you decide to do

eric j

• Like 3

WVHillbilly520H

In my neck of the woods (I-81 corridor of VA/WV) average 520H with 48" deck $12-1800 then add other attachments, Jeff.

• Like 2

WHwest8597

I haven't seen the tractor in person mentioned in original post but I have seen other pictures than the ones posted in ad. Tractor is worth $1,500.  The seller had a LSE and some other tractors posted this summer.  They were all about $3,000 plus.  

• Like 1

jay bee

Good luck with the pursuit and :text-welcomeconfetti: to :rs: Many knowledgeable minds here ready to help in any way!!!

Jim

• Like 1

Wheelman817

IMG_2255.JPG.8cd94ae9892452a2c922b0cb422d8d85.JPG

Here is a picture of the one I'm going to look at

• Like 4