rexman72

Belt on loader pump

wallfish

Condensation? but that moisture would probably stay in the tank. Although mine has never had an issue with that, but it's not run in winter any more either.

Maybe a combination of things going on and adding up?

-Malmac's suggestions above?

-Too small of a suction hose to the pump?

-Clogged suction screen (if it has one)?

-Flow restriction from fittings?

-Too small of pressure hose/s?

-Clogged filter (if it has one) but should have a by-pass. Since it's home made it may not have a by-pass which is VERY DANGEROUS with hydraulic oil pressure

-Pump size correct-- pressure and flow rate?.

-Water-Ice

-Factory defect in pump

-hoses connected to wrong ports

How about posting some pics of this hydraulic system? Pump, hoses, valve, cylinders. Maybe something will stand out.

Some pumps are directional and some are bi-directional. Are you sure the pump is turning the correct direction it is intended to?

Have you made any recent changes to it?

All just a WAG

rexman72
28 minutes ago, 953 nut said:

Water in a hydraulic system will flash to steam and produce heat when pressurized. Your pump is the low point in the system and oil floats on water; could be the problem.

I think I found the issue.The guard on the pto is worn out and I don't even need to engage the pto to run the loader.I had the same problem when I was burning belts on the 417A.I changed the guard and that problem went away.

• Like 1

rexman72

finally figured it out.the pully on the pto was stuck to the outside causing it to heat up.I freed the pulley.

IMG_20170218_101540.jpg

• Like 1