stevebo

New Toy 2011 Polaris Ranger EV

slim67

What is the run time on those batteries? I noticed the Honda generator in the bed for those emergencies. Polaris is good stuff from what Ive seen.

• Like 1

js5020

Nice lookin ride!  The wife and I do a fair amount of riding at ATV parks and  we have a few ATV's one is a Polaris Ace it's been a good machine. 

Terry M

That's a really nice ride there, Steve.  :handgestures-thumbupright:      I didn't know they made those all electric.    I too am curious what the range would be on something like that..

stevebo

Check this out on You Tube. Lots of good info. I did a decent amount of research before buying even tho it was a used machine on CL at a very fair price. 

• Like 4

Sparky

Never knew they made an all electric machine. Is it 4x4 or 4x2?

Mike....

stevebo

It has single wheel drive setting, rear locking posi and awd options. It also has high and low and best mileage range settings. Nice and quiet. I think the neighbors will appreciate it when i head up and down to the barn early in the am before work or late nightB) It also solves my problem of years past not being able to get down to the barn on a tractor unless I snow blow first but even then the high winds up here on the hill blow drifts over the cleared path. No problems pushing through a foot of snow up and down the hill in awd.

• Like 1

1995 520H+96+97

Does it have heat in the cab?  I like quiet.

:handgestures-thumbupright:

SylvanLakeWH

Very Nice!

grinchsr

Hey Steve are you going to start collecting ATV's now?   LOL

• Like 1

AMC RULES

:blink:    :hilarious:

7 minutes ago, grinchsr said:

Hey Steve are you going to start collecting ATV's now?   LOL

Gonna need a bigger shelf.  :rolleyes:

Edited by AMC RULES

WHX??

Couple of years ago when my dad & I were looking to go in on a side x side they had one at a dealer and let us bomb around the parking lot. I was impressed and although we eventually  got a gas powered Kubota I wouldn't have turned one down if you were to give it to me....or won the lotto. They would be great in the deer woods for sneaking up on things. If you park it in a regular spot and set up a docking station to recharge that would be the cat's meow and battery power would always be up. My only worry would be when the time came to replace the batteries..... $$ ....Kinda like the wife's Prius or a E model :wh: I think you will really like it for what you are gonna use it for Stevebo.

Bad Boy Buggies also makes one and the early models were junk but I hear tell they have that ironed out now. http://www.badboyoffroad.com/

Edited by WHX9

stevebo

The big dollar item is replacing the batteries for sure. I was told these are a few years old and the charger was replaced as well. The first year 2010 they had issues with the chargers. I just got quoted $3200 from a dealer to buy the new oem replacement batteries. lol ... 

slim67
49 minutes ago, stevebo said:

The big dollar item is replacing the batteries for sure. I was told these are a few years old and the charger was replaced as well. The first year 2010 they had issues with the chargers. I just got quoted $3200 from a dealer to buy the new oem replacement batteries. lol ... 

Is that a 36 or 48 volt system? Or something else? I know batteries can be expensive but I think the technology is getting better on that style. I know when I was into golf carts that Trojans were the battery to have. I can tell you the performance mods that you can do for electric carts( I would guess that may apply to your Ranger as well) was off the wall. There were carts that would lift the front wheels off the ground. If I ever do another cart, Im 99% certain to try my luck on an electric.

WHX??
1 hour ago, stevebo said:

got quoted $3200 from a dealer to buy the new oem replacement batteries

I can believe that ---4k+ for the Prius...Cindy dear how bout a new Prius?:lol: OEM Polaris parts always did enjoy a good markup at the dealers...ask me how I know! :wacko:

stevebo

It is a 48 volt system with 8 batteries. I found the replacement on line  Polaris part # 4014126. It comes back to a  US Battery US 12V XC 12V Deep Cycle XC2 Battery - 155AH . I found these for $1400 plus shipping for all 8 so I guess the mark up is really high. 

I found on line a battery "energizer" which is basically a liquid that goes into the battery. Anyone ever tried this kind of restore for batteries?