Kavint76

Update on the 1277

Kavint76

I haven't been on for awhile but i got my starter coils rewraped n it works fine now, i got new switch on n working so thats all done. i couldn't find a cover for my starter belt so i made one, im gana try n put pic on to show anyone who wants to make one i can make more if someone needs one too. i also hooked up led lights. i made a mf snow plow fit on the horse and it worked awesome this last snow we got. i know i need to adjust carborator im getting a bad smell of gas in my oil, am i correct in it being the carb or is it something else? 20170208_015244_001.thumb.jpg.5446794aebee466dd6b6af8cb306fb6e.jpgi dont want to blow the k301 in it.

Sorry i took pic before i put the top hanger on to the starter bolt hanging out. I tried to put pics of lights on but it wont let me.

• Like 1

oldlineman

Could be the diaphragm on your fuel pump is leaking and letting fuel into the crank case.

• Like 1

Ashton1118

:text-yeahthat:

Kavint76

The exhaust smells of gas to would a fuel shutoff help if its the pump?where can i get a diaphragm for the pump?is it normal to have a gas smell in the oil? 

oldlineman

Cheaper to get a new plastic pump, I have and they work ok, you should check out the pump first and see if it is the problem its  just one thing that could cause this, a carb inlet valve not sealing correctly I believe could also cause raw gas to enter the combustion chamber and leak past the piston rings while not running.:twocents-02cents:

Kavint76

Thnx everyone with the advice i adjusted the carb it was running to rich. That seemed to work no more gas smell out the exhaust or in the oil i ran it 4 an hr or so after adjustment. Ill check the oil again after a few more hrs to double check. 

• Like 1

Retired Wrencher

Kavint76  Nice job on the belt guard. There on e/bay every once in while. Keep up the good work she will pay you back.

Kavint76

Thnx i love my old horse she still a hard worker

• Like 1

CharlieC

You should add one of those small gas shut off valves, I have a small sears mower that during the winter all the gas drained thru the carb and filled the crank, over a gallon of gas was in there.