ohiofarmer

Sundstrand model differences

ohiofarmer

I have a sunstrand 90-2014 on a 1075 [a roller] with 1 inch axles and a Sunstrand 90-2046 on an Electro 12 with 1-1/4 axles  Beside the obvious differences of the location and appearance of the neutral disconnect, what parts are the same and which are different?  Also, I am looking at a C-160 and am wondering if the 90-2046 will fit it?

Thanks for your interest.

"D"- Man

Did you mean  "a Sunstrand 90-2046 on an Electro 12 with 1-1/4 axles " or 1-1/8"?

ohiofarmer

1-1/8   Sorry

953 nut

Seems that most :wh: Sundstrand transaxles can be attached to similar year frames, the motion control levers may need alteration and a bit of sheet metal could need massaging, but that is all part of any swap.  I see no reason to doubt that it would be doable, just a matter of putting the two side by side and seeing what will fit and what needs alteration to fit.    :wwp:

• Like 2

ohiofarmer

Well, one thing that is a difference is the drive pulley. the 1075 has the small pulley and [i assume] the metal fan that goes with it There was a bit of aluminum center still there but no blades at all. I had to buy a long 3/8 drive Allen to get the big pulley off. then i had to make a special seal puller to get the seals off . used a 5/16 Allen wrench and ground the paint lid puller profile and it worked a treat. Made a tool thread about it. Sorry for the shaky picture

The 1075 roller is strapped to a 2 wheel cart just to make it take up very little space and easy to move around. That cart will stand up with the 1075 mounted no problem,My worker is beside it for comparison

Now to order some seals and get these two transmissions in order

006.jpg

007.jpg

009.jpg

008.jpg

Edited by ohiofarmer

pfrederi

The 2 different input pulleys are because older tractors use small (2" +/-) engine pulleys.  the Charger Electro Raider tractors had 4 " (+/-) engine pulleys.

• Like 2

ohiofarmer
Spoiler

Finding seals

Since the cross check part number chart on Redsquare is mostly for manuals, I thought that i would share another way to look up oil seals. I first removed the seals to measure them and even that is not an exact science as they have some runout from removing them. There is a British website called SimplyBearings.co.uk  Here is a screen shot.   http://simplybearings.co.uk/shop/Seals-SKF+Seals/c19_4749/p305253/SKF+CR11124+Double+Lip+Nitrile+Rotary+Shaft+Seal+1.125x1.624x0.25+inch/product_info.html

They have a place to enter the seal measurements and it gives metric to SAE conversions  and it will even offer suggestions even if you entered slightly the wrong size.  However, the stuff I wanted [SKF double lip seals] was not in stock and I have no desire to phone them for assistance. I entered the SKF number in NAPA online and found a NAPA corresponding part with the same number but a different prefix NOS instead of CR. Even those are special order from NAPA, so it might get pricey

Here are the SKS vs. NAPA parts for the two tractors" 

Shaft seal for the 1" axle auto trans Wheelhorse 1055       [ SKF]  CR9863       [ NAPA]                                        NOS 9863

Shaft seal for 1-1/8 axle auto trans Wheelhorse Electro12  [SKF]   CR11124       [ Napa]            NOS 11124

Input shaft for both pump inputs with 3/4" shaft                  [SKF]      CR 7475      [NAPA]                             NOS 7475

i hope that this is correct.  It could get expensive if I am wrong.

• Like 1

pfrederi

CR 11124 is correct replacement for WH#6449  (1-1/8") axle

7475 is also correct for pump input shaft  7474 will also work but is only a single lip seal I prefer the  double lip 7475

CR9878 is correct replacement  for WH 5958 (newer # 100607)  You 9863 may work it is very close.

The SKF interchange is a quick easy way to find most WH seal #s

http://www2.chicago-rawhide.com/popup_parts_lookup_457012.htm

9863.JPG

9878.JPG