Hacksawhero123

Belt brands

Hacksawhero123

Hey Fellas, does anyone have any experience with "Rotary" brand replacement belts. I decided to go the cheap route and order one for the spindle belt on my 42" side discharge deck. Should I order a spare in a different brand?  I'm hoping to gain some good input from your experience and treachery. Thanks Fellas. 

Mark. 

WVHillbilly520H

I have used the UPE GROUP brand for the transaxle drive and deck spindle drive with success but not so much on the deck PTO, so far Toro for me best with that, single stage thrower I've used the TSC blue Kevlar with success, so that's just my experiences, Jeff.

DennisThornton

My only requirement of all power drive belts is that they be Kevlar. 

I've had great success with TSC's Huskie Kevlar belts. 

Great prices too! 

Edited by DennisThornton
  • Like 2

pfrederi

I use Gates Green Power Rated belts for almost all things, decks blowers and hydros...However for gear drives Toro Wheel Horse are best.

• Like 3

BaySide1

I have always trusted Gates for my belts across the board

• Like 1

Ed Kennell

I agree with Jeff and Dennis.... I have good results with the TSC Kevlar belts.

They are reasonably priced, available locally, and are rated for the back bend idler use.

When I was building the clutch for the low rider, I actually bought 3 different length belts and built the clutch around the one that fit the best with the pulleys I had available.  Then returned the other two for a full refund.

IMG_6733.thumb.JPG.03e0b88d8a65c585bec4aaf15ea6eeda.JPG

Edited by Ed Kennell
  • Like 5

squonk

Tsc or Napa green belts which are made by Gates. Never had an issue with either no matter what Horse, what drive, what trans, or what implement. 

• Like 1

953 nut
11 hours ago, Hacksawhero123 said:

"Rotary" brand replacement belts.

Haven't heard of them, but hope you have good results and hope you will give us  :text-feedback:.

Sarge

I went to Rotary and an implement dealer in Nebraska that carries them - they fit the profile of the older HA belts used on my 1277 for the hydro , which has a pretty small engine drive pulley for the transmission . Previous use the of the TSC kevlar belts ate the sides off the pulley since their belts are a standard (new standard at that) A profile . I welded up the cast pulley and re-turned it in the lathe to the original angles . New belt from Rotary and haven't touched it since - works perfectly even when the parking brake is engaged . There is a physical difference in the HA rated belt profile and they are tough to find for the older models . I run mine hard enough pulling loads and pushing rock with loaded tires to break a belt in far too few hours of use - the Rotary has stood up quite well and has no sleeve or shroud on it - just rubber with cords in it for strength .

Need to get a few spares for shelf stock and get 'em bagged tightly to preserve them - too many things are going away these days and finding original WH or Toro belts will someday follow suit .

Sarge

• Like 2

Tankman

TSC Huskee Kevlar belts!

Usually on the shelf, inexpensive.

Never had a Kevlar belt failure. 👍