Elkskin's mower junkyard

Went on another 701 parts run today.

Elkskin's mower junkyard

Sorry for the wind. its one of those windy days in indiana

• Like 2

Elkskin's mower junkyard

well got new dash for 701 in today. but cant install it just yet. since i had 11 teeth pulled today i am not doing much

0213171804-00.jpg

0213171804-01.jpg

• Like 4

Elkskin's mower junkyard

the new dash is on the 701. and got new Vr on too (the nos delco one i had bought was DOA) so i got a chineese VR and stuck the delco cover on  0215171839-00.jpg

• Like 4

rmaynard

A new dash always puts the finishing touches on. Looks great. :)

Nothing wrong with a Chinese VR. Seems that most "US" manufacturers are having their stuff made in China anyway. So why pay the big bucks if the import works just as well. 

• Like 1

Elkskin's mower junkyard
1 hour ago, rmaynard said:

A new dash always puts the finishing touches on. Looks great. :)

Nothing wrong with a Chinese VR. Seems that most "US" manufacturers are having their stuff made in China anyway. So why pay the big bucks if the import works just as well. 

yup. i am running a chinese VR on one my sears too.

Elkskin's mower junkyard

got the light bracket made today. they look good but might have to chop the right one a bit angle it out a little and reweld it because the bracket is over to the right half a inch due to angle being off a little. but for now its fine. it will eventually drive me nuts to where i take it to get it fixed lol. i am running the GM driving lights that was on this 701 when i got it (bolted to side of hood cringes). i rewired them and put smaller bulbs in them because i knew they were going to draw too much out of charging system if i didnt. they had 60w bulbs in them and i stuck 35w in them.

0219171507-00.jpg

0219171548-00.jpg

0219171905-00.jpg

0219171904-00.jpg

0219171905-01.jpg

0219171907-00.jpg

• Like 2

Sparky

Those lights are very bright! Shouldn't have any problem plowing at night.

Mike......

Elkskin's mower junkyard

well i been talking to the guy i went to a few weeks ago for the slot hitch for 701. well i told him i still need parts. well went up today got me another frame for 701.

0225171239-00.jpg

now this new frame was busted too at trans plate. but wasnt has bad has the original frame on 701 from what i see. they braced it up too pretty good i doubt ill have a issue. has to be better than the flexing i am having on 701 right now. so i told him i was going to leave certain things on the frame that i needed for 701 so i left deck engaugement assemply on it. the deck under the frame is not complete. but its got parts that dad needed. the shell is better than original deck for 502. plan is to transfer good parts over from dads deck to this one. i dont got pictures of everything. i found a 702 belt guard that needs repaired. i also got parking brake lever and cover off a 702 and i am going to put it on 701 (yes i know requires drilling and a little cutting but 701 already was hacked up a little before i got it) oh and i got another front axle for 701. my spindles need work on 701 and this axle i got today is almost perfect. now to get a warm day so i can work on stuff lol didnt break the bank lets say that

• Like 3

Elkskin's mower junkyard

got more pictures. 

0226171220-00.jpg

0226171220-01.jpg

0226171220-02.jpg

Elkskin's mower junkyard

Brian33

where did you get the dash from ?

• Like 1

AMC RULES

• Like 2