CZHorse

Hello from Czech

CZHorse
On 16/02/2017 at 3:19 PM, T-Mo said:

What I want to see is your tow vehicle and trailer, if you used a trailer.  I love European vehicles as we don't get to see a lot of them here in the US.

Sorry to disappoint, but I just hired a big panel van here in CZ.... :-)

• Like 1

CZHorse

Just repainted the rear rims and mounted BKT ags.....not original silver, but matt black....need to do the fronts to match! :-) 

312-8_AGS.jpg

• Like 4

CZHorse

Just brought home a rototiller/rotavator. Wheel horse here is CZ are virtually none existent, so when I found the rotavator for sale I was shocked! Better still it was in the town where my neighbour works....I lent him my trailer and he picked it up yesterday :-) It is in amazing condition, tines are sharp and still half covered in paint!! Turned out when my neighbour picked it up that the guy selling was clearing out his grandfather's barn. He also has a mint 416-8 with cutting deck and maybe some other stuff....hoping he has a plough... :-) He had been thinking about taking the implement to the scrapyard!!????? So I may end up with another tractor!! He said he will phone me once he knows what else is hiding! :woohoo:

IMG_20170310_160457.jpg

IMG_20170310_160511.jpg

IMG_20170310_160528.jpg

Edited by CZHorse
  • Like 3
  • Excellent 1

CZHorse

Some pics of what I have been up to.....😀

IMG_20170322_174712.jpg

IMG_20170322_174827.jpg

IMG_20170322_174836.jpg

IMG_20170322_174856.jpg

IMG_20170322_174913.jpg

• Like 3

C-121uk

Nice find and some nice fabrication work you're doing there! :text-coolphotos:

CZHorse

Working out dimensions for the potato harvesting plough....see pic.

Got the pulley setup for the tiller finished and have a belt on order....measured it at 3400mm, sound about right?? Some things, like the pulleys I have had made at the steelworks where my Father-in-law works. But where at all possible I try to use reclaimed material. The grader blade is from an old 1000L boiler....5mm thick (also have a deeper blade cut from it for a snow plough). The local football grounds are being refurbished and the boiler had to come out. My Father-in-law and I wrestled it out, cut out what I needed and got nearly £100 for the scrap copper piping that was in the boiler.....so, so far I'm quids in! :-)

Copy of IMG_20170323_141206.jpg

Edited by CZHorse
  • Like 1

CZHorse

Potato hiller ready. All hitched up and ready to go. Looking forward to the planting season. And yes those blades are stainless steel. 😁

IMG_20170324_130310.jpg

• Like 2

CZHorse

Next step complete. I'm thinking that I can make a cultivator for the frame. May as well get the most use out of one item. 😀

IMG_20170324_222923.jpg

CZHorse

Did some ploughing today with my newly acquired Czech-made plough....photos to follow! :-)

CZHorse

A few photos from todays work in the garage. 

IMG_20170328_233203.jpg

T-Mo
On 3/27/2017 at 1:04 PM, CZHorse said:

Did some ploughing today with my newly acquired Czech-made plough....photos to follow! :-)

We need photos and also a video.  I love to see these old tractors in the field doing what they were designed to do.

CZHorse

Will do my best! 😀

CZHorse

Potato hilling....... Sorry but no time for videos.

IMG_20170403_144912-800x600.jpg

• Like 2

CZHorse

Wheel weights done. 24cm round stock, cut to 115mm - 41kgs a piece!

IMG_20170407_145939-800x600.jpg

• Like 3
  • Excellent 1

Lee1977
7 hours ago, CZHorse said:

Wheel weights done. 24cm round stock, cut to 115mm - 41kgs a piece!

IMG_20170407_145939-800x600.jpg

That's 89 pounds. Should get the job done. I have two layers of 1 1/4" steel boiler plate about 84 pounds on my 312. I've built most of my attachment to.

Didn't have to build the clevis hitch, you did a nice job on that.

Edited by Lee1977
  • Like 2

CZHorse

Long time since I last updated this thread...... Wrong time of the year to be doing this, hope to have it done by the end of the week.....😀

IMG_20180107_203648-816x612.jpg

IMG_20180107_203715-816x612.jpg

• Like 2

CZHorse

A little more progress....

IMG_20180110_120556-816x612.jpg

• Like 1

CZHorse

More progress, just the trip springs and I'm done for this season!! I may add an angle lever at some point.... I have added a basic assist spring as the plough blade is made from 7mm plate and weighs plenty!! The frame is maybe a little long, so may shorten it if I feel the need!

IMG_20180111_211204-816x612.jpg

IMG_20180111_211223-816x612.jpg

IMG_20180111_211620-816x612.jpg

Edited by CZHorse
  • Like 2
  • Excellent 2

19richie66

Very nice work! We had a foreign exchange student from Czech back in 2012. He was from Kolin, Czech Republic. Beautiful place from what I have seen.

Edited by 19richie66

CZHorse
5 hours ago, 19richie66 said:

Very nice work! We had a foreign exchange student from Czech back in 2012. He was from Kolin, Czech Republic. Beautiful place from what I have seen.

Thanks, the majority of the materials are reclaimed and is built function over form!! 😀 I'm sure it will get the job done.

Edited by CZHorse

CZHorse

Having had a look at pictures of the original wheelhorse plough mounted to tractors, I realize that the frame is really too long. I guess this will tend to push the front of the tractor sideways when I have the blade angled. Does anyone have any experience with this? Thanks.

• Like 1

CZHorse

OK, so I also have a question regarding trip springs. I am guessing that the original ones are pretty heavy duty and I presume that they also stop the blade tipping backwards. I guess when moving gravel or heavy soil they have a tendency to trip?? Can anyone with some experience with the original blade give me some details?

meadowfield
21 hours ago, CZHorse said:

OK, so I also have a question regarding trip springs. I am guessing that the original ones are pretty heavy duty and I presume that they also stop the blade tipping backwards. I guess when moving gravel or heavy soil they have a tendency to trip?? Can anyone with some experience with the original blade give me some details?

they are so heavy duty there is nothing other than raised ironworks that trip mine.  I think the odd tree root might have tripped it too. 

• Like 2

CZHorse
4 hours ago, meadowfield said:

they are so heavy duty there is nothing other than raised ironworks that trip mine.  I think the odd tree root might have tripped it too. 

I have put on a second pair of springs and it is much much better...... Just started snowing too!!😀

CZHorse
On 1/16/2018 at 2:40 PM, meadowfield said:

Of course it very much depends on the distance between the pivot and where the springs are fixed. This influences the overall travel from eye to eye.....