RickF

snow plow attachment tricks

RickF

Are there any tricks, or sequences, or tools to use, in hooking up long frame snow plows? Am I the only one who finds it semi-difficult?

AMC RULES

• Like 1

SylvanLakeWH

I position the blade frame approximately where it needs to be by sliding it under the tractor from the front. I then use a standard rolling floor jack to hold the rear bar in place below the rear axle attachment levers. Then when I have it positioned, I slowly raise the jack until the bar slides into the two slots, close the levers and done! Then I do the same thing in the middle to raise the plow frame to the desired hole in the lift bar, slip in the locking pin to attach it in the middle, using the floor jack to hold it up...

Easy to do myself using the floor jack...

• Like 6

wallfish

I do it like TT does in his reply to the thread Craig posted

• Like 1

RickF

I don't have one yet. It'll be one of my next purchases. I have to re-attach my plow, because I forgot to put the pin in that keeps the latches closed. I got through three storms this winter, and the plow fell out while I was cleaning up the job wednesday night. Thank God I was mostly finished when it happened.Thanks for the tip.

I guess this is pretty much how I've been doing it in the past. Thank You for the replies.

• Like 1

obone

I find it easiest to put in on in two pieces. A jack or furniture dolly keeps from scratching the frame.

C-101plowerpower

i mount mine by sliding it under, lowering the lift handle and connecting that first, when i raise the blade the rear bar slots in and the latches can be closed

• Like 6