JimD

Humpty Dumpty..

JimD

had a great fall. Unfortunately, his winter sucked! :lol:

Was on the way out to a Doctor appt. when I fell in the driveway and broke my arm between the elbow and shoulder, or the humerus bone. Right now I'm failing to see the funny part. Took a ride with some nice fellas of Community Ambulance to RMH. Was there from 
from 1pm to 7pm.

Results?

Finger pic shows where the break is.

Image may contain: 1 person, eyeglasses

Image may contain: one or more people and indoor

Clowns to the left of me, Jokers to the right, here I am, stuck in the middle with....... ME! :lol:

(please, no music videos)

• Like 2

Ed Kennell

This is the first post from you that didn't make me laugh.   Soo sorry Jim.     Get well soon, and stay off the ice.

• Like 4

AMC RULES

:think:  So, I'm thinking..."no music videos" means...  :ychain:

a "caption this" thread is out of the question too?  :popcorn:

Image may contain: 1 person, eyeglasses

:pray: God speed on your recovery Jim.  :handgestures-fingerscrossed:

Edited by AMC RULES
  • Like 6

ACman

:confusion-helpsos: MODERATOR DOWN AGAIN MODERATOR DOWN  :auto-ambulance: !!!

You weren't working on your phone for Red Square were you , when you tripped and fell ? ... Just kidding :lol:

Just trying to make you smile and maybe a laugh Jim ! Sorry to here about your misfortune , but a broken arm is better than a broken skull (which looked liked it could have happened) . Keep your spirits high and you a do what the docs say . Prayers sent your way Jim and you know the :rs: Community is here for you .

Edited by ACman
  • Like 6

pfrederi

Ouch!!! Hope you feel better soon!!!

Edited by pfrederi
  • Like 2

rmaynard

Jim,

I don't see anything humerus about this either. Dang man, as they used to sing on Hee Haw:

"gloom, despair, and agony on me;

deep dark depression, excessive misery;

if it weren't for bad luck, I'd have no luck at all;

gloom despair, and agony on me."

Okay. So what can I say? I guess I'll just say  Spring is coming. There has to be a silver lining somewhere. Oh yeah, you didn't break your glasses, and you didn't do it while back-flipping a Wheel Horse.

Get Well Soon my friend!

Oh, just thought about something. You need to get well so you can come to the WHCC show and be in the running for the infamous RedSquare hardhat.

• Like 5

Sparky

Hey...I was going to say cheer up...but you still have your sense of humor so....

Hope ya heal up quick!

Mike......

• Like 3

Terry M

:oOUCH!! :auto-ambulance:, Jim.....   Take it easy and I hope you mend-up fast....:handgestures-thumbupright:

• Like 1

DougC

Sure sorry to see old man winter took you on a close up tour of gravity and ice. You, my friend didn't deserve that painful and unexpected injury on the way to see the Doctor. 

Get well soon buddy, You gotta quit making these damn Doctors rich............:)

• Like 3

stevasaurus

I'm sorry Jim, but I see the humor in this.  That is the best picture that I have of you.  :) BTW, nice bruising in that arm.

On a serious note...you have a ton of people that love you man.  My prayers with you and Karen.  I know what it means to be laid up, and the only way to get by is to make the best of it.  I suggest watching some Tella-Tubbies Videos...they really do help to make you feel better.  :think:

• Like 5

WHX??
4 minutes ago, stevasaurus said:

Tella-Tubbies Videos...they really do help to make you feel better

I was thinking that fifth of wine......:wacko:

So let me get this straight you were on your way to the doctors to get better when your wife saw that new to you :wh: you bought instead of that anniversary present and she got wild, got out the rolling pin AND cast iron skillet and gave you the I'll give you something to go to the Dr's about!!

:laughing-rolling::laughing-rollingred::laughing-jumpingpurple: the best medicine!

• Like 5

chris sutton

Sorry to hear about your stumble Jim, get well soon mate

• Like 4

stevasaurus

OK...I just saw this a little bit ago and now, I have had some time to do a little thinking about this.  Usually, when somebody falls (like out of a tree) or on the snow...you would fracture your wrist.  After all that is what everybody sticks out there to break their fall.  You break a bone in your upper arm...a humorous bone no doubt.  After much searching on Google images, 98% of the people that fall and break that bone are picking their nose while they are walking on a slick surface.  Say it ain't so JIm.  :occasion-xmas:

I hope it does not hurt to laugh my friend.

Edited by stevasaurus
  • Like 7

squonk

Rule 1 Always wear a goalie mask when walking on the ice! :)

Spoiler
Spoiler

Sorry to see this Jim. :( I thought I had a bad day dealing with idiots. My son broke the same bone when he fell last summer. If you get bored while recovering, I know a guy with lots of old monster movies you can watch. :lol:

Edited by squonk
  • Like 5

953 nut

Get well jim.jpg

Jim, hope you heal up quickly and completely. 

• Like 5

nigel

Get well soon jim

• Like 4

Stormin

Sorry to hear of your mishap, Jim. Hope that's not your  beer arm. Get well soon. :handgestures-thumbupright: 

• Like 6

stevasaurus

Ya see Jim...something else you have in common with Squonk.  :think: 

• Like 3

squonk

I can't remember the last time I fell. But I'm told I broke something with my head! :)

• Like 3

Zeek

Wow, that stinks! Sorry to hear about that :handgestures-thumbdown:

JimD
On 2/9/2017 at 4:04 PM, DougC said:

Sure sorry to see old man winter took you on a close up tour of gravity and ice. You, my friend didn't deserve that painful and unexpected injury on the way to see the Doctor. 

Get well soon buddy, You gotta quit making these damn Doctors rich............:)

Sorry to say this guys, but sadly there was no snow or ice to blame this on, just my own stupidity. Nice dry ground. Turns out I'm just a Slew footed clumsy old fat guy. :lol: That makes it even harder to take. 

• Like 4

JC 1965

Really sorry to hear this Jim. Prayers just sent your way. Rest up and take care of yourself. Lots of us here on RS are getting older and a little less sure footed. Keep us posted.

squonk
10 hours ago, JimD said:

Sorry to say this guys, but sadly there was no snow or ice to blame this on, just my own stupidity. Nice dry ground. Turns out I'm just a Slew footed clumsy old fat guy. :lol: That makes it even harder to take. 

Well then it looks like you can blame it on Global Warming Uncle  Jim! :hide:

Ed Kennell

I usually blame my falls on that extra step at the bottom of the stairs that keeps reappearing.   :angry-cussingwhite::no:

js5020

Holy jeeze Jim,,,, your suppose to keep the rubber side down!  Get well soon man!