TravelinJavelin

snow plow differences between the 953/1054 and C series tractors

TravelinJavelin

what are the real differences between snow blades and frames............. measurements ? the 953 i'm looking at does have a snowblower that goes with it ..does that take special bearings and chain .....owner said needs to be rebuilt

gwest_ca

1964 953 and 1054 snowthrower

1965-66 953 1054 and 1054A snowthrower

They brought out a kit to change the ST-375 to one that would fit the long frame tractors which is what the C-Series are but the C-Series has a front quick hitch. The long frame models prior to the C-Series did not have the front quick hitch unless it was added as an option later on. You can see the differences in this bulletin. Belt widths were 1/2" for these where later models used a 5/8". Belt length for the 953, 1054 and 1054A was different.

Garry

Did not answer your blade question - have had snowthrower on the brain lately.

• Like 3

gwest_ca

953 1054 and 1054A blade

This last one states it also fits the long frame tractors which began in 1966 so they must be very similar. The 54" wide blade was only recommended for the 16hp long frame models with 42" used on others.

Garry

• Like 1

953 nut

:twocents-02cents:     If you are pushing wet heavy snow the 54" blade will tend to push the front of your  :wh: around. I prefer the 42"; sold the 54" years ago.

TravelinJavelin

great to know..........thank you!

TravelinJavelin

does anybody have pics of there 953/1054 with a snowblower on it...........the manual pic is in black and white and can't really tell or see attaching to the front end ............I think I have the idea of it but there's nothing like clear in color pics up close anything would be great thanks!