Elkskin's mower junkyard

tire swap to replacement rims are done on the 701

Elkskin's mower junkyard

Well guys. First off the replacement rims are not the best. they are skinnier and not has heavy duty has wheel horse rims. but for now they will do. 

0207172043-00.jpg

I had a h*** of a time with tubes on original rims i ended up letting air out and breaking tire down and cutting tube. Only did this because of fact these valve stems are weird. i couldnt get tool in to remove the core seemed to have a metal plate blocking it. and one of the rims i couldnt get the holder off of the valve stem. original rims dont look so bad once broke down . the issue is on valve stem side of rims they were ate up by the calcium chloride leaking. 

0207172004-00.jpg

i even played a bit. broke out one of my sears hub caps lol

0207172037-00.jpg

0207172032-00.jpg

final tire on

0207172054-00.jpg

Now i got a question. from years of calcium chloride leaking my tires have rust stains on them. what best way to remove the rust stains and not harm the tire

JimD

Hot soapy water and a scrub brush would be my guess. I would hesitate using rust removal products unless it gives a list of things it can be used on, looking specifically for rubber. Dawn dish washing soap is good for many uses. I use it for all kinds of things.

• Like 1

953 nut

Napa RuGLYDE will clean and refresh the rubber, scrub them first and then apply this stuff and bag them up for a week and let it soak in.

Edited by 953 nut
  • Like 2