Duramax7man7

C-120. Not a bad little tractor?

Duramax7man7

Looks like a nice setup and was well taken care of for sure... Odd looking angle adjust handle though..

C-120 with Deck and plow. A bunch of upgrades and repairs. But asking $950...

They are in Cass City, MI. Not to far.

00_Y0_Y_9g_Abj5m_QLs_L_1200x900.jpg

00_G0_G_1x89nk7pwb_Z_1200x900.jpg

00_P0_P_es_N1pn_Tm4_Xg_1200x900.jpg

00r0r_bw8nj_Dn_RVrs_1200x900.jpg

Edited by Mastiffman
Per RS rules, no linking to active Craig's List Ads or Ebay Auctions
  • Like 3

AMC RULES

:think: Next time...

just cut & paste the ads picts, and verbiage into your post here.

No sellers contact info though.  :angry-nono:

• Like 1

AMC RULES

Is this the one?  :scratchead:

100P0P_esN1pnTm4Xg_600x450.jpg

• Like 1

Duramax7man7

Yep!

• Like 1

AMC RULES

Dude was right... :blink:

definitely wrote a book.

1977 Wheel Horse C120 Rider Lawn tractor has a 12HP Kohler engine and a Hydrostatic Automatic transmission

This rider has been well maintained and has had many new parts.
Easy to work on when needed.
Oil changed regularly.

Recently in last few years New Parts to the cutting deck , hubs / bearings , spindles ,
belts and blades , Blades still have there new shape have not been sharpened and are not in need of sharpening.

Deck is a rear discharge so you can get up close / tight to cutting area coming from both ways.

Also on tractor in last few years New Parts starter , electric fuel pump , piston and rings ,
rebuilt carburetor , air cleaner , new belts , points & condenser , spark plug , plug wire & coil.

New axle bearings and seals and good used axle hubs that fit tight to the axle with no play.
Old hubs had play at key location to the hub that I felt needed attention so that was addressed fixed.
Trans Fluid and filter changed at the time of Axle hubs , bearings & seals were repaired.

New shiftier cam so tractor shifts smoothly without any creeping and you can put tractor on a hill at a stop and crawl wright up the incline,that's a good test of the condition of the Hydro Trans.

All Tires have Good Tread But have cracks , All tires have tubes and Do Not Leak

Automatic shift back and forth as fast as you can control while cutting grass works flawless,
No leaks to trans or trans axle.

Engine , No smoke , No knock , No ticking , idols as it should at all RPM ranges also under load,
No leaks

PTO to mower deck engages in and out and works as it should in Good Working Order.

Engine runs well in all weather conditions.

It's a good outfit and I always have had two riders on hand which this was a extra and for the longest time have had the intentions to do a cosmetic restoration and with health issues make me shy away from such things.

The tractor is worth doing a make over too because of its mechanical condition or just to use to cut grass as is without needing to worry about scratching it.

It's not in bad shape and I assume it will be around for a long time and will go up in value being it is already 40 years old.
A new rider will go down in value and this rider will at the least stay the same value if sold in a month after purchase or a year or two , a person would get there money back out of it after using it just by maintaining it even if something catastrophic happen parts would get most of your money back ,just saying.

There is a following for the Wheel Horse.
RED SQUARE INTERNATIONAL WHEEL HORSE FORUM

In pictures you see one set of weights from a Sears Super 12 and other pic with the set of the original Wheel Horse weights both sets are now mounted on the winter wheels with chains.

Summer rear wheels so you do not need to monkey around with weights and chains.

Sears weights fit over the Wheel Horse weights , fit perfect and look great with snow barb chains not the cheap chains ready to install on tractor these are heavy and give it what it needs to push the snow.
The hole in the middle of weights lets you mount without needing to take them off of the wheel.

I have the Wheel Horse cart shown in pic's it is all surface rust but it is solid no soft spots,dark spots in pic's is oil was from carry around something that spilled out oil.

I'm just not have been using tractor for snow removal for a while also because I have other equipment again this has been extra for me for a number of years now I guess because I had plans to do a make over but just cant do as much anymore.

It is a summer winter out fit being offered.

All this outfit needs is a cosmetic restoration which would be worth the effort because of its mechanical condition and is not a rust ball either except for cart but it is still a solid cart.

Offering Wheel Horse Rider with deck , snow plow , two set of wheel weights , extra rear tires with chains and snow plow controlled at seat , up and down and right to left manually.

It's a old rider that there are many avenues to get parts when needed and I have purchased other old riders because these will outlast most anything for sale today.

Also I don't want to go there but if some one had the nerve to take apart this Wheel Horse and sell for parts just a few parts would add up to what I'm selling tractor for , some would sell quick and others would be hanging around and sell time to time and then theirs the effort in doing so and looking at a tractor that was once good and then in pieces I just can't stomach that been there done that.

I have had this Wheel Horse for around 10 years and it was not used allot of the time because of having issues hence the many new parts or because I used my John Deere or Ford Tractor for the jobs at hand.

I'm Afraid if I take it apart again it will not get back together.

I won't give tractor away because I know what is out here for sale and most all the time a person will need to dump money into it , I have done that part so it is ready to go.

Pictures are from a number of months old to a few years old but tractor is in the same condition as of this day because of the limited use of rider.

If you are shopping around for a vintage working rider you might what to check this one out and if you know about such things you would not be disappointed allot of work has been done don't buy one that needs all these repairs/maintenance because these are the kind repairs that older riders all seem to need as they get older , used riders in general.

I can send to anyone that has interest current dated pic's just send your email address so I can send many at same time but again they will not be any different and it may take me some time to do so because of the weather and time it will take.

Contact through Craigslist email

Thank You for reading my book LoL!

Edited by AMC RULES
  • Like 1

obone

So are you asking if YOU should buy this or letting US know so someone can get it? ha ha Didn't this same thing happen to someone else last week? If it's sound and you have the cash then why don't you already have this tractor? 

• Like 1

Pollack Pete

Looks as if everything that needed to be done to every 4 or 5 hundred dollar tractor I've ever bought has already been done.Looks to be a no muss....no fuss tractor.Usually someone who takes all that time to write a detailed description of an item is a straight-shooter.Probably not a bad deal for that tractor.

• Like 3

Duramax7man7

Just letting peeps know it's out there if you are in Michigan or regional area... :) 

• Like 3

squonk

$200 worth of wheel weights alone! :) 

• Like 4

KC9KAS

Nice looking tractor and attachments!

Someone here needs to pick that one up!

• Like 1

Duramax7man7

refracman? lol

refracman

Lol 

That's to rich for my blood and Cass city to boot. there has to a lot more for a heck of a deal for me to go that far. 

I like projects and that 160 is one. If the tiller and plow didn't come with it you would have that tiller. 

• Like 2

Duramax7man7

Gotcha. I'll keep that in mind. Are you looking for anything specific I can keep my eye on for you? I'll hit you up if I find one during my hunt.

Tankman

Very worthy Horse. Appears very well spoiled cared for. :handgestures-thumbupright:

buffaloman

I think that's high myself ,maybe if it had a solid side discharge deck and the original wheel horse seat.

• Like 1

Iron Wheel Horse

Hello 

Newbie here.

Had to come on because Mastiffman Posted My Wheel Horse up here for discussion.

I'm Chuck from Cass City Mi.

• Like 2

AMC RULES

:greetings-wavingyellow:  Chuck...

:WRS:

Iron Wheel Horse

Hello AMC RULES

Thank You

Just looking at a trans mount crack issue on this fourm and was not surprised that I  had that same thing on my C-120.

I addressed that with flat plate and I was looking through  my pictures for it forgot about it.

I thought I wrote all info, need to get busy on my book, LoL!

• Like 2

Duramax7man7
3 hours ago, Iron Wheel Horse said:

Hello 

Newbie here.

Ha haa!! Cool man! nice Tractor for sure!

Iron Wheel Horse

Thank You , Matiffman

I have the knowledge and the tools have that picture in my mind of what Little Red could be and think no one else can do it any other way, but the body is getting older and other things more important to do.

Is there any one else that feels that way ?????????????

• Like 1

Iron Wheel Horse

Oh! Matiffman

You wrote Odd looking angle adjust handle though.

You know how we think we can make things better then the engineers that thought these things out I'm one of them.

I 'm the kind of guy that makes use of what I have around me if I think it will produce what I think is  good and acceptable to take pride in speaking with people of a experience capacity .

Snow Plow handle original way just never felt comfortable to me,can grasp trigger so I flip it from original position and brought angle down to reach at my thy level and let weight bring it up without reaching way out, works better for me,smooth as it can be for manual plow.

That's my .25 worth

• Like 2

T-Mo
17 hours ago, Iron Wheel Horse said:

Hello 

Newbie here.

Chuck, :WRS:.  It sounds like from your ad description and from the pictures, you have properly maintained that tractor.  If I was closer and had more in the tractor fund, I would love to own that tractor.  You did well on your description, unlike some ads that tend to leave out important information which can be construed as misleading.  Good job, on not only maintaining your tractor, but on just a detailed ad description. :handgestures-thumbupright:

• Like 1

Duramax7man7

Yeah I just thought that it was def different looking but that was my thought. It was more of a comfortable position to have the handle in.

But I agree on WH original position of the handles on both standard and extended kits. I opted to make a greater reward reach to avoid having to reach so far with my extension kit. It's only by a few inches but that helps. Not that we shouldn't be stretching as we age to avoid stiffness or anything though! ;) 

Edited by Mastiffman

Iron Wheel Horse

Thank You , Matiffman

I have the knowledge and the tools have that picture in my mind of what Little Red could be and think no one else can do it any other way, but the body is getting older and other things more important to do.

Is there any one else that feels that way ?????????????

Iron Wheel Horse

Thanks for the kind words.

Been writing to someone that has interest in the sale of my Wheel Horse.

So now thinking what I have missed, tractor has been out of site out of mind and have not had to move around.

Issue that I have learn to ignore ,

On my Wheel Horse the screw out / in neutral valve for moving tractor around when not running has been stuck but dose not affect the tractor in a way while running in a neutral position or when using / running tractor.

When I first got tractor free ed screw valve up and it dose screw in and out but dose not let trans go into a neutral position.

Just saying before someone comes in on this topic.

I have never towed tractor and I move around when needed with jack.

Tractors runs great and shiftier response is flawless in a way that I do not need to been on rider if just moving around in or out of garage / building hence forgetting about it.

Dose any body have a ideal other then a tear down to remedy this inconvenience.

Input would be great !