jellyghost

Stuck exhaust suggestions?

T-Mo

When I did mine a few years ago, I didn't have a sawsall, so I used a hacksaw, which though takes longer and requires more labor, it does provide greater control.

• Like 1

Sarge

There is also a tool called a Handy Hack - I can't find a link for my original one as it's about 35yrs old but there are newer versions out there - they work well and there are types that use the bi-metal sawzall blades too for better control . A good fine tooth blade will go through a pipe nipple in pretty short order without a lot of pressure...

http://www.homedepot.com/p/Stanley-10-in-Mini-Hack-Saw-15-809/100026795

Sarge

ClassicTractorProfessor

I would think one of these would work great. Much easier to control than a full size sawsall, yet much easier and faster than an old fashioned hacksaw. Very handy addition to anyone's tool arsenal.

http://m.homedepot.com/p/Milwaukee-M12-12-Volt-Lithium-Ion-Cordless-HACKZALL-Reciprocating-Saw-Kit-2420-21/202311908

Glad you were able to get the nipple out without breaking the block, they can be stubborn at times. 

• Like 1

WHX??

Little pic shy here on this thread Jelly so here's one where the saw went a little deep by a PO...not me!

20150827_173520.jpg

WH nut
On ‎2‎/‎4‎/‎2017 at 3:32 PM, jellyghost said:

I bought a custom exhaust from a member, and I am trying to install it.  I was able to remove the original exhaust with some pb blaster and a little tapping.  The pipe coming out of the engine is stuck.  I have a pipe wrench, and I have applied enough pressure to move the tractor and deform the pipe a little.  I am afraid to apply more pressure.  I have also tried pb blaster and running the engine.  Any suggestions for removing the exhaust pipe?

I know you have already solved your problem, but the method I use and its never failed is to use a dull air chisel and catch the pipe near the motor and give it a wrap. You may punch through the pipe but it gives you something to hammer on. It will break loose and you can spin it out.

• Like 1