Sign in to follow this  
TT

Potential 704 purchase....

TT

I always wanted a JD 2 cylinder - maybe a B, or a H, or a M or a 40 - love those Johnny Poppers. :D

Awwwww, c'mon guys! :P

Don't pollute my thread by talking about those " PUT...PUT...PUT-ME-IN-THE SHED" things. :(

Dang! Now I'm hungry for popcorn. :(

combatmp29r

I'm feelin the love really I am. :P

We can add orange but not yellow or green :D

TT

That STX38 I just sold ruined ALL HOPE I ever had of becoming friends with a John Deere. :P

There's lots of green and yellow at the farm across the road from me -- from an A to a 4430, but there's still a Super C Farmall there, and I wonder why that is ? :D

T-Mo

Ah, yes, the STX line. Not JD's finest hour, for sure. Basically a throw away lawn tractor to compete with the Sears. Unibody construction, thin decks, no steering support. Not a good representation of a JD. I know WH also made some not so good stuff, i.e. the early 70's Lawn Rangers, though I'm sure they probably had better frames under them.

And I agree, enough of this :D stuff, regardless of color. For my punishment for turning this thread to green and yellow, I will take some of you guys' Wheel Horses off your hands to free up space. That's the punishment I deserved. :P

combatmp29r

Nice try Terry. No dice though. Neighbor sold a STX38 over the summer for some ungodly amount :D

TT

Nice try Terry. No dice though. Neighbor sold a STX38 over the summer for some ungodly amount :P

Nice try? No Dice? :D:(

He probably told the buyer it was wicked rare -- only 250 built, maybe?

combatmp29r

And I agree, enough of this stuff, regardless of color. For my punishment for turning this thread to green and yellow, I will take some of you guys' Wheel Horses off your hands to free up space. That's the punishment I deserved.

Sorry forgot to add the JD part before the No Dice Terry!!!! That help? :D

T-Mo

Sorry forgot to add the JD part before the No Dice Terry!!!! That help?

It does get confusing, doesn't it? As for the STX line, like I said, not JD's best efforts. They were made to sell as entry level tractors. The black deck ones were even less desireable than the yellow deck ones.

combatmp29r

I'm telling you I need a map of Terrytown :D

Rollerman

Joel you just come up with the wicked unofficial Red Square nick name.... :D

combatmp29r

It definately fits Stephen. :P

how many Terrys we got now? :D

T-Mo

I think 3. We got a couple of Steve's and a couple of Mike's also, as well as a couple of Kevins. I'm sure it will get more confusing as new members climb abroad.

Rollerman

But only 1 Stephen so far. :D

CasualObserver

I think I'm the only Jason too? :D

combatmp29r

I haven't seen any other Joels yet :D

glenn27

I'm currently "dealing" with the owner of the 704 that just ended Jan 12th on ebay. (reserve not met)

It has a real nice ST-3072 snowthrower that's included, and a big and scary HUGE Sears-looking seat. What do you guys think? :( It's only about 40 miles from my house, and I can't decide if I want to dig the trailer out and make the trip. It can be bought for $300.00 cash, but I'm having a tough time convincing myself that it's worth it. (If it was a 754 or even an 854, I could probably justify it.) :D:P:(

704-2.jpg

704-1.jpg

Please post some closer-up pics opf the hood metal--and steering gear area--I think I have a or 704, but something is not quite right--I have no tags to go by.

Thanks for any pics here-- :( Bewildered/confused)

glenn

TT

This is the best I can do for now:

closer.jpg

Do you have any pictures of your tractor?

TT

Just for the record, both tractors are now inside the shop. Of course two tractors (701 #2 & L-107) had to go outside to let them in, and I actually did cover them with a tarp. :(

12308034.jpg

12308036.jpg

The B-112 is due to be delivered next weekend, and I might have to put it in the house. :D

I think it's time for another shed. :P

combatmp29r

Terry if you can figure out how to convince the Mrs to let you put it in the house, be sure and post it here for all of us to use :D

TT

She already told me as long as it wasn't in our bedroom or bathroom, she doesn't care.

(now I can get started on that "nut-roaster" glass top coffee table I've always wanted! :D )

Rollerman

With a little shop claening it looks like there's room for a few more?

Stuff one under the stairs...or do like Ollie Kemplin....drain the fluids & stand them on end.... :D

combatmp29r

Looks to me like if you slid the B80 towards thwe stairs and welder a little and the 704 towards the vise and grinder, you could fit the B in between them :D

Rollerman

This could be are next game...we can all take a shot at "cut & paste" with Terrys garage...make more horses fit. :D

TT

Now don't forget... I have to have a path to the workbench & my tools. (the outdoor garage still has enough room for me to work, but the heater quit about two months ago :( )

And ...... There's also two in the little shed, and my Raider 12 is across the road in the neighbors garage.

Maybe I should try hanging a few of them from the rafters with those screw-in hooks :D :P

combatmp29r

I think you need to make a dumb waiter with a electric hoist so you can put all the smaller ones up stairs. Have to move the rhino out though :D