Sign in to follow this  
TT

Potential 704 purchase....

baerpath

Jee Terry Should have told me you were picking up my 702 :(

I had a bid on it :D Oh well you saved me money, good deal :P :(

TT

Terry, that your cub in the background?

That belongs to a neighbor. I was supposed to get it running for him in August, but he never brought it up here 'til December. It will sit there until it gets warm again! :D

TT

Looks like a good Wheel Horse hunting safari to me. :D

Nice finds with both tractors & the HY-2 kit.

Are the lights on the 702 bolted to the hood....or is that the HY-5 light mount with differant lights?

Terry this guy seemed to have a tghing for those weird seats huh?

I'll get a thread going here in a bit on my haul today...... :P

The HY-2 was on the 702 when he bought it. He removed the pump & cylinder when he tried pulling with it, and kept it in a box in his garage. :(

The lights on the 702 are bolted to "L" brackets on the frame. I didn't look too closely at them, but I believe they're just old universal 12V lights.

Apparently he had an endless supply of old Sears pan seats -- almost every tractor he had was equipped with one! :(

He also has a lead on a near-mint 701 with MANY attachments...... I made sure to give him my phone number! :(

TT

Jee Terry Should have told me you were picking up my 702 :(

I had a bid on it :D Oh well you saved me money, good deal :P:(

Sorry.....

He had a $500 reserve on it......

I don't think it would have made it. :(

baerpath

Nope wouldn't have by me. :D

combatmp29r

Hey Duane, your not partial to the C- --5 series are you? Just actually read you signature all the way :D

combatmp29r

Terry, don't you love those repairs. Yep i'll bring it over next week. 4 months later truck and trailer backs in your yard about the time you forget you said you'de fix it, and its -40 outside :D

TT

When I asked him about selling it outright, he wasn't too interested. When he told me the reserve was $500, I wasn't too interested. We "haggled" back and forth for about half an hour in his 15 degree garage until he finally came to his senses. (or defeated MINE -- I'm not sure yet. :D )

I will say that the black Lawn Ranger with the K-341 he's selling IS an awesome tractor! :(:P :(

CasualObserver

And Terry too with the good haul! Gotta love seeing those round hoods get snatched up by collectors. Keep'em out of the scrap yard! :D

TT

Terry, that your cub in the background?

I should mention the fact that I spent lots of time in the seat of a 1952 Super C Farmall, and I once had a 1945 BN (prior to the "dee-vorce" :D )

It wasn't pretty, but it made a good log skidder / car dragger!

Jun11278.jpg

TT

And Terry too with the good haul! Gotta love seeing those round hoods get snatched up by collectors. Keep'em out of the scrap yard! :P

I just wish I could have intercepted the "junk man" that sold me the B-80......

I keep wondering what the "rounded hood" tractors were that he hauled to the scrapyard this past summer. :D :(

Rollerman

Terry I like the BN!...guy here in town has one at the back of his barn he uses for a shelf. :D

I've been hinting...but seems to like his shelf rusting just the way it is.

combatmp29r

Stephen I saw 2 JD 2 cylinders in a back alley yesterday being used as a lumber rack. Had probably 30-40 pieces of lumber layed across their hoods. They were more of an burnt orang ecolor than their original green :D

TT

A guy at work overheard me talking about wanting a litlle Farmall. He said "I have two -- how many do you want?"

The one was a Super A, but like a certain 520 8-speed, someone told him they were worth more than gold. :P He wanted $2500 for the "A", and $250 for the BN.

The BN was "stored" under a tarp at his old homestead, but he took all the sheetmetal off of it so no one would shoot it up or steal it. :(

He also took the carb off to use on his "A", but found out it wouldn't work. ( :D )

I bought it and hauled it home within that week. (didn't want it to get away!)

It took him another week to get the rest of the parts to me though!

Three gallons of Purple Power and a tune-up made it clean (it was a little MOSSY :( ) and run good again. It had a good mag, and usually started on the second "crank". My cousin bought it from me when I "HAD" to get rid of it. He restored it and ended up selling it two years later for $3000 !

TT

oops..... almost forgot. I won this 1981 B-112 a while back on ebay. It was 15 minutes from my brother-in-law, so he picked it up for me and has it in his garage until he comes up next weekend. Total cost: $36.00 :P

B-112.jpg

Can you say http://www.letsmow.com/ ? :D

combatmp29r

Your second vertical I'm so proud of you :P:( :D

TT

Actually, it's my 5th..... I just never kept any of the other ones! :D

combatmp29r

5th?????? :D

I never knew you were that high of a cliber of collector :(:(

Sorry I guess you could do the same since I'll be getting my 5th horizontal later this week (wife willing) :P

TT

Oh yeah.....

I had a B-165, a Commando 7, an LT1137, a B-115, and a YT-12A.

And now the B-112. (yeah, I mis-counted :D )

Maybe not the most desirable models ever built, but they WERE here. :P

baerpath

Hey Duane, your not partial to the C- --5 series are you? Just actually read you signature all the way :D

Naw not me :( Well maybe a little :(

Didn't list the B85, B115, B165 not just the C's :P

Nick

Terry, Nice looking load f WHeel horse there. Nothing better than coming home with a full load like that. Accept maybe needing to call in help to get it all home. :D

I'm more into AC but I like the old smaller tractors like all the IH stuff, Oliver 60, JD H and small Averys. For the price they can make nice mowing tractors. I put a 72" deck on a 52 CA and mowed for 5 years before selling it. Put nothing more than a few oil changes and a set of blades into it in that time.

CA002.jpg

1941Cpulling.jpg

combatmp29r

I'm telling ya Duanne there seems to be a pattern with those 5s at th end of all your tractors :D

TT

Thanks, Nick!

I come from a truck driver bloodline and really HATE to run around with a half-loaded trailer! :D

I'll never talk bad about those orange tractors -- my Pop "held the wheel" of two WC's for hours and hours on the farm where he was born & raised. I keep trying to talk him into getting one to tinker with now and take to the local show, but he always says "he spent enough time around them". :P

This past September was "The Gathering Of the Orange" at the NAMA show here in central PA. There must have been 600+ pieces of AC equipment over there showing off!

I'd still like to gather up a C or a CA to mess with, but I wouldn't want to confuse the Horses with that odd color. :(

T-Mo

A lot of neat chit chat here, and some very neat tractors, regardless of brand and creed.

Joel,

I always wanted a JD 2 cylinder - maybe a B, or a H, or a M or a 40 - love those Johnny Poppers. :D

combatmp29r

Dad has an A and an H We used the crap out of them growing up pulling wagons and raking. He hasn't used either one in about 5 years now. Just tucked in the back of the barn behind the hay wagons. He'll be 74 in April, so he doesn't do much with out a cab anymore :D