jeff lary

Single Stage Blower Broken Chain

82Caddy

Basically yes. Make an account, upload photos, copy out some text code (random text) and paste it here. If you need more info let me know. 

jeff lary

you mean like for a test?

82Caddy

If you want I guess? But really that's how simple it is to post a photo. 

jeff lary

what I meant was what do you mean by ( copy out some random text code? )

82Caddy

Here's a basic tutorial:

Step 1: Make flickr account

Step 2: Click upload button

32842333916_9af5614d8a_b.jpg

Step 3: Choose photos to upload

32842334846_295935e194_b.jpg

Step 4:  Change privacy setting on photos (I set mine to private so only I can see them on flickr but can post them elsewhere without issue)

32759634071_4ddcc5f9c4_b.jpg

Step 5:  Click arrow in corner 

32883287165_cdbb32fe02.jpg

Step 6:  Click BBcode on pop up window

32730028722_e86b58dd02_b.jpg

Step 7:  copy text and paste into whatever forum  you are using.

Step 8:  Drink coffee and enjoy your new photo posting skills.

Edited by 82Caddy
  • Like 1

jeff lary

I got to try that I guess.

Sorry I have just now responded but I had o take the Kubota to the end of our road and two my son home. He made it about 5 miles home from work till he got to our road and the snow was so deep he could not make it. So I took the tractor the 2 miles down there and towed him home. We have received about 13 inches in the last 4 hours about 30 in all and it is still snowing.

jeff lary

well I went to flickr made an account up-loaded 1 photo and was going to do another but I did not have that option at least I could not see that option? I tried to back up to where I was when I did the photo up-load but it took me back to where I was when I created the account? So then I tried to go forward from the photo to the privacy and I did that ok. Then I went to the arrow in the bottom corner it said "share" as well as a picture of the arrow . I clicked on that and tried to find the BB code but there was none to be seen. I was going to up load 2 photos but only got as far as one?

Edited by jeff lary

82Caddy

The bbcode generated is photo specific. So each photo has it's own code.

If you want to upload more then one photo at a time, choose more then one at the upload screen.

Upload icon will be in the top right corner.  Looks like a cloud with an arrow in it.

jeff lary

ok I got 2 photos in an album now how do I get them from there to here? Copy and paste? yes I can see you said that where do I paste them in the post? just anywhere ? I will try while I wait.https://c1.staticflickr.com/1/650/32504065360_72f14711cc

Edited by jeff lary
tried to upload a test photo

82Caddy

You're close...from the link you posted, lower right corner is a curved arrow.

32883287165_cdbb32fe02.jpg

Click on that.  Then the BBCode tab and copy that text.

32504065360_e0bb94b0f8_z.jpgDSCF0110 by jeff lary, on Flickr

Paste the text into the box you type into. 

when you hit submit it will do some voodoo magic and a photo will appear.

jeff lary

ok I have a couple WH photos I will try again , select photo click arrow click bb code.

32885423835_fca5b4e9dc_h.jpgDSCF0376 by jeff lary, on Flickr

82Caddy

There you go.  

• Like 1

jeff lary

I will try another

32042949644_d0fb6949d3_h.jpgDSCF0375 by jeff lary, on Flickr

32042931084_a1d8298d55_h.jpgDSCF0374 by jeff lary, on Flickr

32042931084_a1d8298d55_h.jpgDSCF0374 by jeff lary, on Flickr

2 minutes ago, 82Caddy said:

There you go.  

I am going to tell you something right now , you sir are very clever to be able to teach me of all people how to do this. Thank you very much. I may try to post some this else some place else as that is all the WH photos I have. Thanks again Jeff.

82Caddy

No problem.  Glad it's working out for you.

jeff lary
6 minutes ago, 82Caddy said:

No problem.  Glad it's working out for you.

Well it is right now in 10 minuets I will have forgotten how ha ha. Nope,.. I am going to go practice now.

82Caddy

Just keep trying, it'll work out. :)

jeff lary

Thanks for the lesson and the patience. I have been back out blowing the yards again mine and the boy's I have done this 3 times since 9 am today each time I estimate 13-14 inches. I will try to post some pictures tomorrow.

Sarge

It's great to learn a new skill , especially on computers as they are a valuable tool if you have the time and patience to learn them . I have several geek buddies that can teach me things , although getting them to slow down enough to let me grasp what they are doing is tough . Flikr and Photobucket are similar to other types of hosting sites and pretty easy - some even have a quick copy/share tab on the photo so it's easy not to notice your computer already copied the tab link for the photo . Either way , they are extra steps but worth the effort . Only issue with using hosting sites is if at a later time they go away or the pics are deleted from that site it will no longer link them here or anywhere you inserted the hyper link (that's what you are doing , btw) . The result is basically the photos are not here , just linked to the point at which they are stored , so if that goes away , so does the photo .

I can't believe how bad the Eastern half of the country has been hit with these storms . Here in the midwest I've used the blade once to plow snow and it wasn't all that much anyway - maybe 9" total from two storms . Since then , it has warmed up to doing cleanup work in the yard , getting a tan and wearing short sleeves for nearly a whole week now - 53*F today and well over 70*F tomorrow . It's tearing our roads up something fierce but I get to fix that this summer , lol....the wacky weather is job security for me .

Sarge

jeff lary

I will try to show you a couple of photos if I can remember how... Hua guess what,.." Flickr is experiencing  problems right no please check back later." Oh well I will try to load it from my desk top folder, it worked I guess.

In this picture you see me on the Kubota at the end of the main road I live on. I am 2 miles from home here , my son had to go to work that day and when the storm was at it's worst they sent the people home. At that same time the Maine Dept. of transportation had pulled the plow trucks off the roads due to visibility issues and truck rollovers.

The road we live on is maintained by the local town plow about 10 miles away ,but due to the major arterial highway US.Rte.2 being unplowed the town plow could not get to our road. So my son fought his way to our road but could not get from the junction of Rte.2 up to his home 2 miles in on our road.

When I got the call that he was stranded and could not even get into our road enough to get completely out of rte.2. The road had over 2' of fresh snow in this photo my son took as I approached. On the way home as I towed him we came to drifts that were above the top of m rear tires about 4.5' deep. As I towed him to his home I kept my bucket about a foot off the road and the snow rolled up and over my tractor hood. 4 other cars and trucks fell in line behind us and followed us the 2 miles up the road.

At one point we were near a plowed neighbors yard when we meet an on coming pick up truck. He had entered the road (after I went by his home on my way to get the boy). We all moved to the plowed yard to let the truck pass none of us dared to stop moving. When the 4wd GMC had to break his own trail long enough to pass us by the snow quickly went up and over the trucks hood then cab I have no idea if he was able to keep moving or not.

I had the 30 hp 4wd Kubota wide open throttle 2600 rpm's in first gear chains on all 4 tires and we kept moving. When we got to my house I towed him into my yard. I had to plow through a 5' drift to open his driveway,.. it was the second time I completely plowed him out during that storm. We got what I figured about 39 inches of snow.

image4.JPG

Edited by jeff lary