MalMac

SMS425 With a history

Thegearhead0324

That would look nice on my 1257..... seriously tho very nicely done. 

T-Mo

Great story and it's also great that it came home, again.  It's amazing that it was recovered after being stolen.  That in itself is amazing since most items stolen in up in scrap yards never to be found again.

dclarke

Quite a history on that sickle bar and I was very lucky to get it after it was stolen. Great story, Tim!

• Like 2

Sarge

Nothing worse than metal thieves - our local Sheriff's office has gotten quite good at tracking stuff down and going after them - they got me for almost 2 tons of usable iron once here and we have people riding around all the time casing people's properties for iron to steal . If I see any of those idiots - I take their picture along with the vehicle tag and keep the date for reference , last time they came back a week later when I wasn't home and must have been in and out really quickly . All the local yards around here keep video tape and a record of who turns in what , especially any iron/metal that looks new or is an expensive object and nearly all of the thieves get caught one way or another . Just have to keep an eye on the scrap yard prices - when it's up high the thieves come out of the woodwork...really glad that sickle got recovered - you're quite lucky .

Great backround story too , I've always wanted a sickle despite not really having an honest use for it . Looks like the restore is top shelf , kudos to whoever did the work as that's not easy .

Sarge

WVHillbilly520H

Can I ask what part/town in WV that sickle made it before you recovered it, since I'm originally from WV and traveled/seen a good portion of my modest homeland,Jeff.

MalMac

Been a long time ago. I want to say it was around New Martinsville. 

WVHillbilly520H

Thanks, OK that's on the Ohio river border western side of the state, I'm from the eastern side bordering MD and VA (Blueridge mountains) where I reside now and have worked for 27 years, but yes lots of WV still looks as rugged as it did 100 years ago,Jeff.