dcrage

WH Abuse on Fast 'n Loud Last Night

TDF5G
23 hours ago, Ranger13148 said:

Thanks, I couldn't remember how that went. CRS strikes from time to time. 

I'm not sure I have that exact but it's close.  They've not ran new episodes lately.

Sarge

Honestly , I have a deep hatred for just about all of those shows mentioned . I've seen many of those "build" cars firsthand after they are dumped on some unsuspecting victim and show up at the car show circuit - wow is all I can say . Almost feel bad for the buyer but if you can't research prior to plopping down big cash , well ..-here's your sign.

Graveyard is one of the few that makes sense - he absolutely RESTORES those old Mopars , which is my favorite from growing up . The rest just take perfectly good candidates and ruin them ...to the tune of Commercial interests of Reality TV - of which I'm no fan and have zero tolerance for.

Best automotive show ever ??

TOP GEAR from BBC and still watch re-runs occasionally . I'm not paying Amazon's stupid Prime con to watch the new show , hopefully someday it will be available on DVD or something ... The original was true entertainment , highly informative (brutal reviews that really irritated Automakers) and just plain "off the reservation" hosts...

If you don't like how show Producers contaminate the content , consider Jeremy Clarkson's punching out the Produce not once , but at least twice at which point the BBC just couldn't take it anymore and fired the Ape and cancelled the show - dumbest move ever on their part and lost their biggest money-making endeavor in their lineup . There are hints out there that it was regretted , but life has moved on.... and who knows where The Stig went ....

Sarge

T-Mo
8 minutes ago, Sarge said:

Honestly , I have a deep hatred for just about all of those shows mentioned . I've seen many of those "build" cars firsthand after they are dumped on some unsuspecting victim and show up at the car show circuit - wow is all I can say . Almost feel bad for the buyer but if you can't research prior to plopping down big cash , well ..-here's your sign.

Graveyard is one of the few that makes sense - he absolutely RESTORES those old Mopars , which is my favorite from growing up . The rest just take perfectly good candidates and ruin them ...to the tune of Commercial interests of Reality TV - of which I'm no fan and have zero tolerance for.

TOP GEAR from BBC and still watch re-runs occasionally . I'm not paying Amazon's stupid Prime con to watch the new show , hopefully someday it will be available on DVD or something ... The original was true entertainment , highly informative (brutal reviews that really irritated Automakers) and just plain "off the reservation" hosts...

If you don't like how show Producers contaminate the content , consider Jeremy Clarkson's punching out the Produce not once , but at least twice at which point the BBC just couldn't take it anymore and fired the Ape and cancelled the show - dumbest move ever on their part and lost their biggest money-making endeavor in their lineup . There are hints out there that it was regretted , but life has moved on.... and who knows where The Stig went ....

Sarge

Having never seen one of these "restored" cars in person, I can't really comment truthfully on how well it was "restored".  As we all know, the word "restored" is used almost generically.  It could mean, refreshed, refurbishedd, replenished, or almost any method of fixing up a tractor, car, truck or what have you.  The word, "restored" doesn't mean the same to all.

As I said, I like the British show Wheeler Dealers, but I like the earlier seasons the best when their budget was more inline with what most of us would spend to refurbish a car or truck.  So, some of the things Ed did to the cars was more like what we would do with our limited budgets.  The show also saw some of the minor repair jobs that Ed did that we, ourselves can do with our own tools and our own capabilities.  That's why I like the earlier versions of the show, it was more realistic with the budget they had.  And they also showed where they lost money on some sales of the car(s).  Sometimes you just don't get back what you put into a project.

• Like 1

Sarge

Wheeler Dealers is one of the few that I've seen that showed some real world honesty in doing things and the mechanic knows his stuff , I agree on the budget thing that's starting to contaminate the results lately . Seeing some of these "build" cars in person will really put it in perspective on how money corrupts - and how it really can irritate the purist in us all .

I grew up during the muscle car era as a kid , so the first time one of those shows takes a classic piece of Detroit Muscle and ruins it is the last time I watch the show . I respect guys like Foose and what they can do , but there is a short limit to my sense of humor on that subject and it's widely known locally . There are few that can take a classic of that era and put it up to modern standards and keep it honest to it's heritage and looks - those cars go high at auction for a reason . My other love is old Land Cruisers , and seeing what some of those idiots have done to one of the highest sought and most expensive 4x4's ever is downright criminal - the Cruiser guys are almost to the point of hunting those people down to burn them at the stake on the forums like IH8MUD .

Sarge

• Like 2

Coadster32

Ed is great on wheeler dealers. I gave up on F-&-L years ago. They all end up the same way...like American Choppers did. Producers push all the shows that way, and then it's not about the builds anymore. Crappy TV in my opinion. I cut the chord on cable over two years ago, and don't miss these shows at all. Even Boyd Codd. got annoying to me..that show became all about running the shop, and not the builds as well. Couldn't stand Rawlings from the get-go.  

• Like 2

clueless

The only real reality in reality TV is most people will do and say anything if the money is right.  "Listen To the Money Talk, come on, come on" :handgestures-thumbupright:

clueless
On 2/5/2017 at 8:47 AM, Sarge said:

Sarge

Sarge, the last I saw of The Stig, he and Jay Leno were playing with the new Aston Martins. Google it.

Sarge

That's just too funny - I can't picture Leno with Stig on the craziest of circumstances but I'll have to find that one - and watch it . I do like Jay Leno's Garage - it's amazing to see his collection and some of the crazy stuff he owns . His rule of "it must run and drive" is words to live by and he's one of the few that actually believes in saving the rarest vehicles , even if they're ugly but always unique . Jay's love of Duesenberg's put us on the same page - can't go wrong with that .

I realize now I've seen that episode - just odd seeing Collins without the white helmet...lol .

Reality TV has destroyed nearly everything that was good on television , IMHO - and Rawlings doesn't even make a good clown .

Sarge

• Like 2

gt4

At least you guys have some decent programming in the USA. In Canada we have squat, unless they try to copy one of your programs... And it still stinks.The american pickers show i like.We have the canadian pickers here. It's these two fruit cups from Alberta that i think almost make it a game to see how much they can rip off your average hard working people!  I can't even watch these two idiots it gets me in a bad mood all day!!   There i need wheelhorse therapy. Out to the shop i go👍

• Like 1

Wheelie again

I personally loved fast and loud when it first aired for about 3 seasons. I liked the builds and the ways they treated the cars when they finished them ie. Burnouts donuts etc. Recently I have lost interest in the type of builds just guys bolting on pricey parts lately. And I really miss K C the old painter.                                                                                              I told my wife I couldn't be the only one that noticed that was a wheel horse. I also agree 310

wrightorchid

I would much rather have a this old house type of show about the cars rather than all of the hype and drama.  Some characters are interesting, but mostly annoying.  Like the world is going to come to an end if they don't get something done in an hour that normally takes two days to do.

• Like 2

Jaymon74
On 2/3/2017 at 3:22 PM, bobert94 said:

My wife calls these shows mens soap opera's.she may have a valid point!

I told my wife about this comment.  She laughed so hard! She definitely agrees!