hermitman

E brake for round hoods.

hermitman

I haven't seen this so someone let me know if its been done before please. I removed lower brake band bolt and fabbed a small plate that swings up or down. Depress brake and swing it down, brake is locked. Swing it up when ready to go.

IMG_20170131_074951.jpg

IMG_20170131_074837.jpg

IMG_20170129_165925.jpg

IMG_20170129_165849.jpg

• Like 7

Aldon

Nice ingenuity.

Any chance of getting a pic from the side angle?

• Like 1

hermitman

Had to wait for paint to dry ! Here it is installed. Have trouble with close ups. I shake a bit. Good for doing points bad for pics!!! 

IMG_20170131_105129.jpg

IMG_20170131_105152.jpg

IMG_20170131_105208.jpg

• Like 5

Aldon

Very nice!

I am not very familiar with this set up but how easy is that to access once fenders etc are installed?

Edited by Aldon
  • Like 2

hermitman

this is an old suburban and even with fenders installed ( they're very small ) you can easily reach down with left hand and swivel it around.

• Like 1

857 horse

HEY.....I THINK THIS LOOKS TOO COOL......AND IF IT WORKS....ALL THE BETTER.......

SOME ONE SAY SHAKES.????  WELCOME TO THE CLUB....DONT LET IT SLOW YOU DOWN,,,,,WELL..CANT DO SURGURT WIL I WANTED TO WHEN I WAS YOUNGER,,,,,yEAH JUST HAVE TO FIND VOLUNTEERS TO KEEP YOU SKILLS UP...

:banana-angel::banana-angel::banana-rock::banana-rock::banana-blonde::banana-blonde:,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,REMEMBER,,,,YOU YOU CANT DANCE,,,,JUST SHAKE IT OFFF !!!

HOWARD 857 HORSE  IN VA

HEY.....I THINK THIS LOOKS TOO COOL......AND IF IT WORKS....ALL THE BETTER.......

SOME ONE SAY SHAKES.????  WELCOME TO THE CLUB....DONT LET IT SLOW YOU DOWN,,,,,WELL..CANT DO SURGURY..... I WANTED TO WHEN I WAS YOUNGER,,,,,yEAH JUST HAVE TO FIND VOLUNTEERS TO KEEP YOU SKILLS UP...

:banana-angel::banana-angel::banana-rock::banana-rock::banana-blonde::banana-blonde:,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,REMEMBER,,,,IF YOU CANT DANCE,,,,JUST SHAKE IT OFFF !!!

HOWARD 857 HORSE  IN VA

• Like 1

smoreau

Nice! No i never seen that before and I do like it. I don't know how many times my 400 has rolled of on me when getting off to do some thing. 

AMC RULES

Very nice...   :eusa-clap:

and a really good idea.

hermitman

I have too many grandkids running around.... I don't need any horse's chasing them!! working on a second for my first Suburban tonite... welll that' got a good start. Have to go to school with her in morning and explain to class why I'm an immigrant........after 4 generations.. This should be good!  Hermitman out;;

• Like 1