chris sutton

Latest purchase

chris sutton

I found this in the loft of a friends barn and managed to buy it from him.

its been in the back of my van hiding from the mrs's.

the numbers are 7.1252,.   99388.

36" i think its about 1973 ?

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

• Like 9

Duramax7man7

Nice! I think that I'll be looking for one of these shortly... What are your plans? And why hide it? You could be spending the money on much worse things! ;)

• Like 2

chris sutton
2 minutes ago, Mastiffman said:

Nice! I think that I'll be looking for one of these shortly... What are your plans? And why hide it? You could be spending the money on much worse things! ;)

I'm going to use it at working day shows here in the UK, :) I hid it as my wife thinks I've too many tractors and stuff. :bitch:

• Like 1

c-series don

I just looked up the numbers of your tiller and just as I thought it's a 1975. I have a 7-1251 and it's a 1974. I believe the 7-1252 was the first year for side plates on them. Good looking tines on there too!! 

• Like 1

KC9KAS
3 hours ago, chris sutton said:

I hid it as my wife thinks I've too many tractors and stuff.

I thought that was only a problem for us folks in the US of A!

• Like 2

Horse Digger

Even in Scandinavia, wifes in general allow themselves to have twenty purses and 40 pair of shoes, and still thinks two tractors is at least one too much...

Edited by Horse Digger
  • Like 4

Duramax7man7
On ‎1‎/‎30‎/‎2017 at 8:13 PM, KC9KAS said:

I thought that was only a problem for us folks in the US of A!

Never been a problem for me. Even when my wife tried once to use it as a means of leverage in a disagreement I reminded her that they are an investment, a means of freeing up more time to do more things with her and that I could be wasting my money on something that I won't get any value out of... See below! lol

3 hours ago, Horse Digger said:

Even in Scandinavia, wifes in general allow themselves to have twenty purses and 40 pair of shoes, and still thinks two tractors is at least one too much...

I hear you brother! But I remind my wife that I got to have at least one more to have a back in case of repair! ;) At LEAST One more. lolol

Back on topic..... Are all tillers interchangeable with most models? Also are there better models to look out for?

Edited by Mastiffman

c-series don

Tillers are compatible basically 1974 and up c-series,3,4,500 series tractors. I always thought a 418-8 would be a great tilling tractor because of the manual transmission and electric lift. Hydro with hydraulic lift works good but the slow and steady gear drive of the manual transmission would be better I think. Ok talked myself into it, guess I better start looking for a 418-8 !!! 

• Like 2

woodchuckfarmer

The tiller dose push the hydro tractors , so you cant go as slow. An 8 speed would do a better job.

WHX??

I would have to agree on the manuals being better for ground engaging attachments but the 520 does get the job done.

20151115_094324.jpg

Edited by WHX9
  • Like 1

chris sutton

That's made a nice job Jim, what did you do to the ground before the tiller. plough ?

WHX??

Just tilled Chris. This was a previously worked up garden so the soil was somewhat loose already. This is almost two small a garden for this tiller but was dying to try it out! :lol: Did plow it after last growing season just to try out a little plow I got from the Stevasaurus.

20161030_083732.jpg

20161029_130008.jpg

• Like 1

chris sutton

Is that an RJ pulling the plough ?

stevasaurus

Jim...what horse do you have that plow behind.???    :)

WHX??

401 Suburban guys, no ags just the diamond rounded turfs. did surprisingly well. Gonna try it with the RJ this year tho Chris.

20161029_130232.jpg

• Like 1