artfull dodger

Is this a genuine WH slot hitch plow

artfull dodger

Got this from the same gentleman that my Commando 8 came from.  Quite heavy, should work but gonna give my arm a work out.  Mike

whplow.jpeg

evanloock

It appears to be.  They pretty much look the same for a period of time in the 1960's. If it was bought with the Commando 8 it may be a PP-107.  You can find the manual here in the manuals section under ground engaging attachments.

• Like 1

Tankman

Used one some time ago. Wheel Horse brand?

Think front weights. :handgestures-thumbupright:

Edited by Tankman

artfull dodger

As long as that plow is, I can see how it would make the front end a bit light when its up in the raised position.  I looked in the manual area and it does match the plows offered in the mid to late 1960's.   Bet this is gonna give my arm a workout at a plow day!  I usualiy only make a round or two, then ride around taking pictures.  Mike

• Like 1

squonk

Most of the WH plows from the 60's I have seen have a solid bar as the main frame. Not the 2 strips welded at spots like that one. I'm not saying that's not a WH plow though. Several different companies built the plows.

evanloock

As I said previously...... looks like a PP-107 plow.

image.jpeg

squonk

This is the :wh: plow that I have. Solid frame.rearcable008_zpsaa5253f4.jpg

rearcable009_zps57387a93.jpg

Tankman
11 hours ago, artfull dodger said:

As long as that plow is, I can see how it would make the front end a bit light when its up in the raised position.  I looked in the manual area and it does match the plows offered in the mid to late 1960's.   Bet this is gonna give my arm a workout at a plow day!  I usualiy only make a round or two, then ride around taking pictures.  Mike

You will work your arm for sure.

Never really noticed the front raising until the plow engaged the earth. Then, lost steering. Was like a Horse rearing up.

I fab'd a front bumper to hang a couple of suitcase weighs on.

artfull dodger

I would rather have the single bar plow, wouldnt be as heavy as this one.  But this will do for now.  Maybe I can swap it in the future for the other style pictured above.    Mike

gsleezer
On 1/30/2017 at 9:13 AM, artfull dodger said:

Got this from the same gentleman that my Commando 8 came from.  Quite heavy, should work but gonna give my arm a work out.  Mike

whplow.jpeg

I saw some where that you wanted to trade for a smaller plow.  I have a smaller Bolens plow that's in good shape that I would trade with you but I live in Kansas but I bet we could find someone connect  us.

George

artfull dodger

Got a pic of the plow?   Mike

The single beam plow pictured above on Squonk's WH is what I am looking for.    Mike