gcole

Gilson garden tractor

gcole

anyone know anything about this gilson garden tractor? It was my uncles and I've never seen another. Thanks! 

image.jpeg

Edited by gcole
  • Like 1

SPINJIM

Check the new January issue of Lawn & Garden Tractor Collector magazine.   They have a three page article on the Gilson.  Looks like the one in your picture.

Jim

• Like 2

gcole
25 minutes ago, SPINJIM said:

Check the new January issue of Lawn & Garden Tractor Collector magazine.   They have a three page article on the Gilson.  Looks like the one in your picture.

Jim

Is there an online version for me to view it? I didn't see one on there sight 

KC9KAS

@gcole The one in Lawn & Tractor Collector magazine belongs to my wife.

It is a 1970 S-14. The one in your photo is a "newer" model, as the headlights were made into the hood.

Our Gilson headlights are mounted on the side of the hood and look like "Mickey Mouse" ears!

Our data plate was on the right hand side of the frame. If you find the plate and numbers, a Gilson site will help to "de-code" it.

Try here: http://gardentractortalk.com/forums/files/category/42-gilson-wards/

Edited by KC9KAS
  • Like 6

ACman
6 hours ago, 953 nut said:

I know that I am   :text-offtopic:     Thanks for posting this link, reminds me how awesome our site is!

:text-yeahthat:So far from what I've tried our site is the easiest to navigate by far ... Thanks @nylyon  :) !

I really like the Gilsons tractor and have been tempted a couple times to bring one home ... someday I'll get one !

• Like 2

slim67
9 hours ago, KC9KAS said:

@gcole The one in Lawn & Tractor Collector magazine belongs to my wife.

It is a 1970 S-14. The one in your photo is a "newer" model, as the headlights were made into the hood.

Our Gilson headlights are mounted on the side of the hood and look like "Mickey Mouse" ears!

Our data plate was on the right hand side of the frame. If you find the plate and numbers, a Gilson site will help to "de-code" it.

Try here: http://gardentractortalk.com/forums/files/category/42-gilson-wards/

I sold a Gilson on eBay for my neighbor about 10 years ago. It was with the Montgomery Ward badging and was blue and white. It had a big B&S on it to, maybe 14-15 hp and hydo trans&lift. Thing was built like a tank!

ClassicTractorProfessor
On 1/30/2017 at 1:36 PM, slim67 said:

I sold a Gilson on eBay for my neighbor about 10 years ago. It was with the Montgomery Ward badging and was blue and white. It had a big B&S on it to, maybe 14-15 hp and hydo trans&lift. Thing was built like a tank!

I recently sold a 71 Gilson built MW with the cast iron Briggs 14 HP engine. Really didn't want to sell but getting too many projects and not enough time, space, or funding for all of them. They are very solid built machines, bug not the easiest to wrench on.

FB_IMG_1486529021914.jpg

slim67
7 hours ago, Professor1990 said:

I recently sold a 71 Gilson built MW with the cast iron Briggs 14 HP engine. Really didn't want to sell but getting too many projects and not enough time, space, or funding for all of them. They are very solid built machines, bug not the easiest to wrench on.

FB_IMG_1486529021914.jpg

Thats it except for the color. It had the rototiller attatchment and I think mower deck. I should have bought it myself but not really a hydro fan.