• Like 3

oliver2-44

Tha'ts a well cared for 51 year old jewel

• Like 3

wildman

Very good score

• Like 3

Elkskin's mower junkyard

nice sounding tech. when i got my workhorse 700. the tecumseh was first thing to come off the machine lol. it was NOT the original engine so i put a kohler on it lol.

• Like 4

stratostar250
7 minutes ago, craftsmanmowerfreak said:

nice sounding tech. when i got my workhorse 700. the tecumseh was first thing to come off the machine lol. it was NOT the original engine so i put a kohler on it lol.

Thanks, and are you sure? what was on it, because the orignal motor on the work horse 700 was a techy hh70

• Like 1

Elkskin's mower junkyard
Just now, stratostar250 said:

Thanks, and are you sure? what was on it, because the orignal motor on the work horse 700 was a techy hh70

they put a cast iron engine on it it was clearly not the original tec.was a late 80s tec too lol

• Like 2

stratostar250
2 minutes ago, craftsmanmowerfreak said:

they put a cast iron engine on it it was clearly not the original tec.was a late 80s tec too lol

ohhh, gotcha haha, im not a techy guy, but i try to be haha. so far im 50/50 with them

• Like 3

Elkskin's mower junkyard
1 minute ago, stratostar250 said:

ohhh, gotcha haha, im not a techy guy, but i try to be haha. so far im 50/50 with them

i am a cast iron briggs guy mainly lol.

• Like 2

Terry M

Thats a really nice 606 !!! :handgestures-thumbupright:  

• Like 2

SylvanLakeWH

:text-coolphotos:

• Like 2

Pollack Pete

VERY nice Horse.I like the front wheel weights.Don't see those very often.Have fun with your new toy.

• Like 1

Retired Wrencher

Tom I have had a few of these and a 607. As for the recoil there cheap on e-bay. Or you can mess with the spring. NOT. If they ever came out with a carb that really make them run right for more than 6to 8 months they would good as kohlers. I am not a brigs guy funky linkage. I have been looking at that for a while my self is the seat covered? You can find them or have one made up. can you post picks of the engine because of the tank to your post. enjoy. OHH if the  trimming is correct this will help.

• Like 1

pfrederi

I know Techys are not popular here but my experience differs.  i have  1970 vintage Troybilt tiller with a HH60.  She sits 11 months of the year.  But when i need her I put gas in yank the rope and she sputters second pull she runs....What more can you want.

My L107 has an HH70 that i added electric start to only because I am lazy and she is chore tractor lots of starts and stops.  Will start on the first or second yank on the recoil if I want.

Take peak under the shroud some HH60 some came with ring gear flywheels all you have to do is buy a starter motor and a new shroud.  If no ring gear look on ebay for a flywheel from an electric start.  no need for the charging system just charge the battery every 2-3 months.

I will agree with that Techy recoil units are terrible.  no point tying to fix them just by a cheap replacement as needed  I think my tiller is on the 3rd one  (Tangling with a fence post didn't help)

• Like 1

wrightorchid

nice pics for the calendar.

• Like 2

stratostar250
3 hours ago, T1257 RETIRED WRENCHER. said:

Tom I have had a few of these and a 607. As for the recoil there cheap on e-bay. Or you can mess with the spring. NOT. If they ever came out with a carb that really make them run right for more than 6to 8 months they would good as kohlers. I am not a brigs guy funky linkage. I have been looking at that for a while my self is the seat covered? You can find them or have one made up. can you post picks of the engine because of the tank to your post. enjoy. OHH if the  trimming is correct this will help.

Thanks for the info! I gotta find two of those recoils, one for this and one for my 656, they are just miserable.  I'm not a briggs guy either, and The seat looks to be covered, but I haven't taken the cover off yet.  Ill get around to it eventually, and I'll take a pic of the tank for you, It might just be a new cap the more I thought of it, but the tank is super clean, so may be new , not sure.  

stevasaurus

Tom, that is one nice short frame square hood.  :occasion-xmas:

• Like 4

ACman

Nice machine and :text-coolphotos: ...THANKS 

Got two techy's in the stable (656 ,Charger10) and both run like sewing machines :) !

• Like 1

Retired Wrencher

Tom there is a few  new ones on E-Bay put in the word  vintage 1st.

Edited by T1257 RETIRED WRENCHER.
  • Like 2

JimD

That's a very nice 606. You don't find a 51 year old tractor in that kind of shape very often. Keeper for sure! :)

• Like 1

Ken B

Very nice one Tom! I was eyeing that one for a while myself but at this point in time I am just completely out of space...

• Like 1

JC 1965

Very nice indeed.    :thumbs2:

• Like 1

Retired Wrencher
On ‎1‎/‎31‎/‎2017 at 6:27 AM, Ken B said:

Very nice one Tom! I was eyeing that one for a while myself but at this point in time I am just completely out of space...

Ken this why I have sold all mine except 2. I do not miss them I had fun with them time to stretch out and enjoy the room. Might even put a pool table in the Garage LOL.

• Like 1

ClassicTractorProfessor

I'm more of a Kohler K-Series guy myself. Although we do have two Tecumsehs in the shop (my wife's Commando V8 and our Troy-Bilt Tomahawk chipper/shredder) and I can't complain cause both of them start on the second pull every time we need them. Keep telling myself I'm gonna order a new starter for the V8, then I look at the prices and decide the rope is a lot cheaper :text-lol: Now if I could just remember to quit leaving starter ropes laying around everywhere whenever I start the thing 

• Like 2