Joebag

K181 Kohler Shuts Down Under Load

pfrederi

and the Governor is about the last thing you pull on doing a tear down and the first thing you put back when you reassemble....

• Like 4

stevasaurus

@Joebag  shout out to ya...what's going on with the engine???  :think:

Joebag
On 2/7/2017 at 11:24 AM, stevasaurus said:

@Joebag  shout out to ya...what's going on with the engine???  :think:

I'm in the process of rebuilding it got all the parts I bought them from isavetractors.com

• Like 2

WHX??

Sounds like you got real good tips so far Joe ....these guys forgot more about Kohlers than I'll ever know so just chiming in to follow and say :wwp:

• Like 2

WH nut

Was your governor shaft tab broken? Check your governor gear and weights close. I have seen  them explodes and cause the same problem.

Joebag
On 2/8/2017 at 7:15 PM, WHX9 said:

Sounds like you got real good tips so far Joe ....these guys forgot more about Kohlers than I'll ever know so just chiming in to follow and say :wwp:

Well she's back together and on the horse I am having a hard time adjusting the throttle linkage. For some reason the individual that I got it from the arm that sticks out from the desk at 9 o'clock was standing up at 12 o'clock so here I am trying to fix everything that I live in and I can't for the life of me get it dialed in could NAB I'll post pictures of y'all's governor throttle linkage and everything. You know the throttle linkage cable you have the corrugated tube and then a solid wire coming out of it from the arm that's sticking out to the left how many bumps of the linkage cable is sticking out if that makes any sense.

14 hours ago, WH nut said:

Was your governor shaft tab broken? Check your governor gear and weights close. I have seen  them explodes and cause the same problem.

Yes the governor tab was broken and was laying in the bottom of the oil pan

Elkskin's mower junkyard
9 hours ago, Joebag said:

Yes the governor tab was broken and was laying in the bottom of the oil pan

same thing happened to dads k161 on the 754. rod expired just after couple years of a rebuild. upontear down i found the finger for governor shaft in bottom of pan lol i think it was over reved because finger broke off and it exploded. so now you got the governor fixed i would watch running that engine. dont do anything drastic you might regret it lol

Joebag
30 minutes ago, craftsmanmowerfreak said:

same thing happened to dads k161 on the 754. rod expired just after couple years of a rebuild. upontear down i found the finger for governor shaft in bottom of pan lol i think it was over reved because finger broke off and it exploded. so now you got the governor fixed i would watch running that engine. dont do anything drastic you might regret it lol

I amhaveing trouble with setting thethrottle linkage sheis almost there but still trying to dial her in cant seem to get everything set up right i posted a new thread named throttle linkage adjustment k181