squonk

WARNING: HOTEL RESERVATIONS COMFORT INN

rmaynard

Mike, you really have to be careful with reservations these days. I've stopped using services like Travelocity, Kayak, and Trivago for making the reservations. I only use them to find the best price, then go directly to the hotel website to finalize the deal. I find that I can usually get them to match any deal that I find. If the hotel tells me that I have to pay up front to get the deal, I tell them I will find another hotel. That usually changes things. I have never been billed until after the stay ends.

• Like 3

Ed Kennell

:text-yeahthat: Like Bob said.

I  made a reservation at an Econolodge  through Expedia recently and my card was charged two weeks before the stay.    I stayed at six other hotels in the last two weeks without reservations and the deals I made in person with the hotels were all within a couple bucks of the early special deal with Expedia.

• Like 3

Racinbob

That happened to me in 2015 when we stayed there. It saves a few bucks on the room but non-refundable. Good luck on the job search. I think most employers wouldn't have an issue with your plans as long as you were very upfront with them. :)

• Like 4

953 nut

Only place I have paid in advance is Dizzy World, as pricey as the rooms are a 10% savings is a bunch. I too book directly with the motel rather than a "Service".

• Like 1

squonk

I went right to the hotel website which I have done every other year. Still don't know how I got enrolled in some plan. As long as nothing happens between now and June all is well. You just never know. I kind of doubt anything will change on the job front. I've been up for 2 jobs and a third is pending. I have a "Great resume " and more experience  than the folks that have been beating me out for positions, but I'm afraid being 5-10 yrs from retirement age has got something to do with me not getting picked.

• Like 5

Ed Kennell

If you need any references, Mike, I would be willing to testify that SQUONKS don't really smell bad.    :unsure:

• Like 4

rokon

this happened to me years ago. I had to go to a training class for work, and booked a room that turned out to be non refundable. well the class was cancelled, so I opened a dispute of the charges with amex, and they found in my favor and credited my account.

• Like 1

Racinbob
1 hour ago, squonk said:

I went right to the hotel website which I have done every other year. Still don't know how I got enrolled in some plan. As long as nothing happens between now and June all is well. You just never know. I kind of doubt anything will change on the job front. I've been up for 2 jobs and a third is pending. I have a "Great resume " and more experience  than the folks that have been beating me out for positions, but I'm afraid being 5-10 yrs from retirement age has got something to do with me not getting picked.

That bites doesn't it. So many employers these day pick youth getting paid a lower wage rather then somebody that has more experience and a proven work record. Here's something to think about. Maybe they saw that picture that went viral in the internet. :laughing-rofl:

When that happened to my in 2015 I booked right off their website and picked 'best available price'. Later on the bill it actually went through Trivago.

• Like 1

squonk

I think that may be what happened Bob. The price not the picture.:)

stevasaurus

If you can't go Mike...I think I have a Squonk costume in the closet.  Let me know if something happens.  :)

• Like 3

squonk
1 hour ago, stevasaurus said:

If you can't go Mike...I think I have a Squonk costume in the closet.  Let me know if something happens.  :)

Does it still fit? :)

• Like 1

Mike'sHorseBarn

Yea I always stay at Quality Inn in Gettysburg and I noticed this year AFTER I booked my room that it was non-refundable. I don't remember reading that anywhere on the site or in the fine print but what's done is done!