HeyMrP

Blade for HeyMrPs 310-8

HeyMrP

Hi all. Someone about an hour from me is selling this blade. I have messaged him and he says it's missing the bolts. Next I will try to get any model info from him... I assume these blades have model numbers I can check for compatibility with my 310. $30 bucks does not seem like a bad deal. Any tips about what I should check for? Any geniuses here who can identify this by its crummy picture? 

IMG_0124.JPG

Edited by HeyMrP
Removed cl link and added pic

N3PUY

go get it .............  now!  :greetings-clappingyellow:

• Like 1

DennisThornton

What he said!  And worry about what it fits later.  Might be a 42" instead of a 48'...

However, posting Craigslistingd is a forum no-no.  You can post the picture and discuss it but not post the link. 

Others will be by with further details on the model and what it fits. 

• Like 1

SylvanLakeWH

Saw that...

It's a steal! 

Don't need it or I would have already visited lovely downtown Warren!

2 hours ago, DennisThornton said:

However, posting Craigslist is a forum no-no.  You can post the picture and discuss it but not post the link. 

What Dennis said...Mods will be annoyed...

Edited by SylvanLakeWH
  • Like 1

HeyMrP

Didn't know about links... removed it and added the pic.

So should I take the enthusiast "go get its" to mean that it would fit my 310?

Or does that just mean it's a good deal? I used to buy things I didn't need when they were a good deal... then years later I had something I never used that was a good deal. Then I realized that for me it wasn't a good deal!

Edited by HeyMrP

SylvanLakeWH

My blade is a retrofit / fabricated design. Little cut here, little weld / bend there...Not made for my C-105 but works like a charm...

Every other blade I've seen on Michigan CL has been $150 - 200.

$30 - if you can make it work - is a steal...

I agree though - don't need junk laying around - that's why I did not get it - one tractor - one blade - I'm all set.

:twocents-02cents:

• Like 1

W9JAB
3 hours ago, DennisThornton said:

However, posting Craigslistingd is a forum no-no. 

2 hours ago, SylvanLakeWH said:

What Dennis said...Mods will be annoyed...

As one who has (in the past) annoyed the MODERATORS to the point of getting a "time out" from this site,

I would suggest you don't do that again.

JOE

Edited by W9JAB
  • Like 1

stevasaurus

That blade is for the long frame horses.  It will fit your  310.  :)  You can tell because the blade frame bends to be parallel toward the back end (top in your picture).  The short frame blades have the "A" frame.  :)

• Like 2

obone

For that price does it matter? You can always trade with someone if it doesn't fit. Nice find.

• Like 2

HeyMrP

All right, you guys talked me into it. I'm picking it up tonight. Hope it fits.

And I hope I can use it to push a little pile of rocks around my driveway.

• Like 1

HeyMrP

Ok. Got it. Now to try to figure out:

1 if it actually fits my 310

2 how to put it on

3 is everything there

IMG_1901.JPG

IMG_1902.JPG

IMG_1903.JPG

DennisThornton

Great buy but I noticed before it was missing a spring.   You will also need a rear axle hitch.   How wide is the blade? 

• Like 1

HeyMrP
9 hours ago, DennisThornton said:

Great buy but I noticed before it was missing a spring.   You will also need a rear axle hitch.   How wide is the blade? 

Springs I understand. Rear axle hitch? Waz that? Is there one possibly on my 310 already? Quick search of the forums last night and I didn't see anything that enlightened me. I'll measure the blade after church.

SylvanLakeWH
9 minutes ago, HeyMrP said:

Springs I understand. Rear axle hitch? Waz that? Is there one possibly on my 310 already? Quick search of the forums last night and I didn't see anything that enlightened me. I'll measure the blade after church.

It bolts onto the rear axle and has two silver quick connect levers that attach to the rear bar of the blade frame.

Take a pic of your axle and post it. Can tell you in 2 seconds if you have what you need...looks like this:

Wheel Horse rear attachment bracket. - For sale - My Old Machine

• Like 2

HeyMrP

Oh goodie. My 310 has the hitch. :)

I assume the lever that raises my snowblower will also raise the plow blade (and the mower deck too.)

I saw in another pic that there appeared to be another lever for adjusting the angle of the blade. Is that correct?

IMG_1909.JPG

IMG_1910.JPG

SylvanLakeWH

Yes - The lever that raises the deck will also raise the blade - attaches mid-frame.

Also apparently missing is the other lever that 1) moves the blade side to side and 2) holds the cable handle that releases the lock so the blade can move side to side. Although your first post appears to show the cable? Do a search for photos and you can see where it fits. The rod connector goes in the large hole right of the big center nut you can see in the picture in your post No. 11.

I do not have the lever and its no big deal. Just gotta plan my route and Get off to switch blade directions...

• Like 1

HeyMrP

f6c968fd.jpg

Ok. After the explanations, looking at it more, and google finding the above pic I think I understand.

The lever on the drivers left will raise the plow.

The lever on the drivers right (shown here mounted directly to the plow frame) will pivot the blade (even though the pictured plow does not have the rod that connects the pivot lever to the hole by the main pivot bolt.)

The squeeze handle on the pivot lever disengages the lock pin the keeps the blade from pivoting.

To make mine complete I need...

1. The rod that is at the far end of the frame (away from the plow) that catches in the rear axle hitch.

2. The pivot lever.

3. The pivot rod/actuator.

4. Another spring.

Does all that sound about right?

• Like 1

SylvanLakeWH

Yes.

But like I said - I do not have the lever, rod or cable and its no big deal. Just gotta plan my route and get off to switch blade directions...

But I'm cheap...This is the way my blade came and it works fine, so for the minor inconvenience, I'm not gonna mess with it unless I am really bored and run out of things on my honey do list...

These days, in Michigan, we unfortunately aren't plowing that much snow anyways...:(

• Like 1

DennisThornton

You had the hitch already!?!  The stars are aligned for you.  That's good 'cause you still need some stuff.  You did good, though. 

• Like 1

HeyMrP
2 hours ago, SylvanLakeWH said:

Yes.

But like I said - I do not have the lever, rod or cable and its no big deal. Just gotta plan my route and get off to switch blade directions...

But I'm cheap...This is the way my blade came and it works fine, so for the minor inconvenience, I'm not gonna mess with it unless I am really bored and run out of things on my honey do list...

These days, in Michigan, we unfortunately aren't plowing that much snow anyways...:(

I prefer for my snow moving equipment to go unused!

HeyMrP

Temporary git er done. I'll eventually find parts or a donor blade.

IMG_1915.JPG

• Like 1

SylvanLakeWH

That works!...a little rust on them "new" springs and temporary can become permanent!

Good thinking!

• Like 1

HeyMrP

One step closer. 

IMG_1920.JPG