BOB ELLISON

1054 BASKET CASE

stevasaurus

Nice find Bob.  :handgestures-thumbupright:  I found the crossover numbers.  :)

inner bearing (cone bearing)...#3370...timkin #LM 11949

outer bearing (cup bearing) ....#3371...timkin #LM 11910

seal..........................................#3373...national #204005

These are Wheel Horse numbers...I don't know what any cross reference numbers would be.  Here is the Manual.  Edit...found the numbers...:banana-linedance:

Edited by stevasaurus
  • Like 4

Aldon

I think you did Excellent on this one.

I think it's a trade off I am willing to make on any Restopration when someone else has broken all the rusty bolts/nuts, and cleaned the majority of the parts to an acceptable level of grime.

I see it as more of a kit:)

• Like 5

BOB ELLISON
3 hours ago, stevasaurus said:

Nice find Bob.  :handgestures-thumbupright:  I found the crossover numbers.  :)

inner bearing (cone bearing)...#3370...timkin #LM 11949

outer bearing (cup bearing) ....#3371...timkin #LM 11910

seal..........................................#3373...national #204005

These are Wheel Horse numbers...I don't know what any cross reference numbers would be.  Here is the Manual.  Edit...found the numbers...:banana-linedance:

THANK you Steve I did order bearings and seals I found a bearing and cone its a  AIP B1SB813
 BRNG - ID 3/4", OD 1-25/32 =1.7813 that is the same as Timken $5.07 for both and seal for $3.70 from SKC direct .com

thanks for the info:greetings-clappingyellow:   You know the one thing I am concerned with is the axle in the diagram where the seal is doesn't have a

washer to stop the seal from hitting or does it set on the larger part ? it looks like it was from the discoloration . sorry about not cleaning it.

20170127_145415.jpg

20170127_145425.jpg

Edited by BOB ELLISON
  • Like 2

TDF5G

Looks like a great project.  Have fun with it!

:handgestures-thumbupright:

• Like 2

stevasaurus

There is no seal on the inside of the wheel...the cone bearing must take care of that.  :)  Do you have another horse you could compare to?  I'd bet almost anything the parts would be the same in any 60's horse.  :eusa-think:

Edited by stevasaurus
  • Like 2

BOB ELLISON
25 minutes ago, stevasaurus said:

There is no seal on the inside of the wheel...the cone bearing must take care of that.  :)  Do you have another horse you could compare to?  I'd bet almost anything the parts would be the same in any 60's horse.  :eusa-think:

seal..........................................#3373...national #204005 on the diagram it shows a seal inside but it doesn't show the bearing its number 162

THE SECOND PICTURE IS I THINK HOW IT SHOULD BE IN MANUAL ( I KNOW THE BEARING IS  BACKWARDS I COULDNT TURN IT AROUND IN PAINT)

1045.JPG

1045.JPG

Edited by BOB ELLISON
correction
  • Like 1

stevasaurus

I see what you mean...the seal is #162.  I'm thinking the drawing is wrong now also.  Doing a little more research.  One thing we know...the part numbers are correct. 

• Like 2

stevasaurus

It kind of makes sense now.  You would have the #161 bearing on the inside of the wheel with the #162 seal.  On the outside of the wheel, you would have the #160 bearing with the castle nut and the grease cap. Does that make sense??  The drawing is not correct.  :)

Edited by stevasaurus
  • Like 1

elliot ness

Great project, enjoy.

• Like 1

BOB ELLISON
43 minutes ago, stevasaurus said:

It kind of makes sense now.  You would have the #161 bearing on the inside of the wheel with the #162 seal.  On the outside of the wheel, you would have the #160 bearing with the castle nut and the grease cap. Does that make sense??  The drawing is not correct.  :)

Yes that's the only way it could work. That rims have new bearing race's in them but I can't mic  the ID of the race the OD is 1.700 or close to that. I ordered new bearing and race. Don't know why they call it a cone or a cup.

I always called it a race. A cone is for butter pecan and a cup is for soup.

I will remove the race's in the rims anyways I know the new ones that i orderef will work with new bearing . But the ones in knowabout. I don't want to take a chance.

• Like 1

953 nut

The two bearings will be held in place by the nut being tightened and the seal rides on the larger stepped up area.

1 seal.jpg

• Like 3

BOB ELLISON

@953 nutThat is what I suspected it did because of the shiny part and I checked the spec 

Of the seal and it's 1" ID and the axle is 3/4 ". Thank you I never had one with this kind of bearings. This is heavy duty like the gt-14.

Now I have to find some 3/4x16 Castle nuts. $5.00 TO $8.00 each

Edited by BOB ELLISON
  • Like 2

stevasaurus

Bob...take some good pictures of those bearings and seal when you put it back together.  :)

BOB ELLISON
Just now, stevasaurus said:

Bob...take some good pictures of those bearings and seal when you put it back together.  :)

Is this going to be a teaching class or a learning class. I'll do it for others while I'm leaning. The best teacher in the world is hands on. 

• Like 2

Retired Wrencher

Bob nice pick up. But I think the cub has to go to make more room for RED. Just my :twocents-02cents: Enjoy the project.

• Like 4

BOB ELLISON
9 hours ago, T1257 RETIRED WRENCHER. said:

Bob nice pick up. But I think the cub has to go to make more room for RED. Just my :twocents-02cents: Enjoy the project.

I knew I shouldn't have mention the CUB but the red over shadows the yellow, at least its not green.

YOU BLUSH RED, PEE YELLOW AND TURN GREEN WHEN YOUR SICK.:D:banana-dreads:

You know I almost got 3 john Deere's when I bought me c160 and 67 lawn ranger. My sister-in-law called me one day 

and said there was a old man that died and they were selling everything as an estate sale and he had riding mowers

so I went and there was 3 Deere's and  she wanted $50.00 each. so as I was looking at the tractors I saw the c160 and the lawn ranger

grass grown up waste deep around them . she said you can have both those red tractors for $50.00. the Deere's were 175's and 200's big tractors

but I opted for the horse's . I always said to myself I should have bought those Deere's and resold them.:banana-parachute:

Edited by BOB ELLISON
  • Like 2

Retired Wrencher
15 hours ago, BOB ELLISON said:

I knew I shouldn't have mention the CUB but the red over shadows the yellow, at least its not green.

YOU BLUSH RED, PEE YELLOW AND TURN GREEN WHEN YOUR SICK.:D:banana-dreads:

You know I almost got 3 john Deere's when I bought me c160 and 67 lawn ranger. My sister-in-law called me one day 

and said there was a old man that died and they were selling everything as an estate sale and he had riding mowers

so I went and there was 3 Deere's and  she wanted $50.00 each. so as I was looking at the tractors I saw the c160 and the lawn ranger

grass grown up waste deep around them . she said you can have both those red tractors for $50.00. the Deere's were 175's and 200's big tractors

but I opted for the horse's . I always said to myself I should have bought those Deere's and resold them.:banana-parachute:

Bob very Good description of colors. When all my uncles on the farm  said grab a tractor hook up to a hay wagon MY SELF I ALL WAYS WENT FOR RED.    I could never take the color Green.

Edited by T1257 RETIRED WRENCHER.
  • Like 1

BOB ELLISON

@stevasaurus well started on wheels and bearings today. ordered the Timken #LM 11949 and received them yesterday from rock auto  for $3.07 each and national #204005 seal

for $3.50 each . It is amazing the seal cost more then the Bearing .( Did I tell you I was cheap). Both races are new in both rims so I didn't have to order them.

Not much to it I did put the seal in one rim with bearing on the new tire after I cleaned the paint off race .

The other I have to paint the rim before I can mount it on rim. This was just a dry run I still have to strip the paint off the  front axle and paint it .

I love that little bearing packer. Had to buy a new 3/4-16 castle nut but only a $1.00 at local tractor shop.  

I also ordered light switch and dust covers I need 1.785 id cover ill know when I get them if they fit,  

FRONT AXLE SHAFT.jpg

GREASE APPLICATOR.jpg

20170204_131529.jpg

20170204_132650.jpg

20170204_133229.jpg

20170204_133305.jpg

20170127_090829.jpg

• Like 4

BOB ELLISON

After going through every thing for this tractor I think I may have to get rear tires for it. I  really don't want AGS for the rear

because I don't think it will ride smooth with them. How does the AGS ride on concrete ??? .I have seen the 15" snow

tires but I cant find any skinny enough . I believe there  5.00-15  or 6.50-15 . I may need rims as well because I

haven't opened them up yet . I don't want to put $$$ in the rear tires not knowing if the trans or engine

will run ok. so I cant order tires until I get the tractor up  and running.

20170127_090916.jpg

• Like 2

Retired Wrencher

Bob My old Firestones you could feel every lug on the driveway. Not sure how new ones would react?

• Like 1

Sarge

I put a pair of American Farmer ags on the rear of the D last year - their lugs overlap in the center and ride pretty good for what they are , definitely no real banging like the Carlisle Tru Power style does ...

Sarge

• Like 2

stevasaurus

Thanks Bob for posting those excellent pictures and information.  I'm kind of liking that grease thing you have for greasing those bearings.  :handgestures-thumbupright:

• Like 1

953 nut
21 hours ago, BOB ELLISON said:

I have seen the 15" snow

tires but I cant find any skinny enough . I believe there  5.00-15  or 6.50-15

Give A-Z Tractor Parts a call, he may have some good used ones in stock.

http://a-ztractor.com/

• Like 1

BOB ELLISON

Well guys I started on the 1054 the body seams to be in really good shape. I got the new front tire on, it came with 1 new tire and rim but I have to pull it back off. As I was trying to mount the tire I used silicone spray and it messed up the paint that I sprayed on the rim. 

I made a new seat and backrest for it. I had to buy a industrial sewing machine but they came out really good. I wanted to make it red like @Martin did, I really like what he did to his. Mine won't come close to his but it will be a lot nicer then what  it looks now. @Lane Ranger made his like the original white/black .

The seat needs the wood wedge cut from a 2/4 and the padding added but its ready for mouning after I clean and paint the seat frame. All the sewing is done.

20170301_134255.jpg

20170301_134314.jpg

20170301_151131.jpg

• Like 4