pgiro

44" Snowblower Part Question

pgiro

Can someone explain the purpose of this part that goes with the 44" snowblower?

For the longest time I assumed that this part didn't belong to the snowblower but now I see it on the diagram.

I don't seem to have the bracket guard (part # 40 in diagram) which it looks like it attaches to. I'm assuming this is all part of a belt guard assembly or something

and probably not that necessary. Part # 31 is the part I'm asking about. Thank you.

Snowblower.JPG

wh.JPG

bobert94

part 31 is the anti sway bracket it helps with keeping the blower more rigid to the tractor

• Like 1

WVHillbilly520H

It keeps that big hunk of steel straight between the frame rails and helps keep the attac-a-matic from wearing/wallowering out, when I bought my 2stage used the P.O. had misplaced the belt guards and kept #40 bolted to his 315-8 so I fabbed up my own frame mount,Jeff

IMAG2505.jpg

post-11822-0-63300900-1416158778_thumb.jpg

pgiro

That info helps, especially the pictures. Thanks.

Forest Road

I have em. Never use em. Hadn't me by had any problems in 5 years

Kurt-NEPA

My two stage was missing that anti-sway bracket.  So I made  my own.  Not too hard.  But I can't really say it helped much.

WVHillbilly520H

I would say it makes more of difference if you have lots of rolling or unlevel surfaces where the blower would twist in the attac-a-matic and wallow it out vs nearly level hard (concrete asphalt) surfaces just my experiences, obviously it was designed with an intended purpose or it wouldn't have be part of the kit, Jeff.