slim67

Who will make the big show?

slim67

I am wondering how many of you will make the big show in Arendtsville this summer? Its about 5ish hours for me and I can pull my popup  if there is a campground nearby. Also anyone going to Sugar Creek,Ohio for the garden tractor show in the spring? Id like to meet some of you if you go. Hopefully my tractor will be done for the Ohio show. I know its a ways off but we are almost out of January.

• Like 1

rmaynard

Camping on site. I will be there. Probably camping again this year.

• Like 3

Mike'sHorseBarn

I will be there as well. I don't have a camper so I stay in Gettysburg at a hotel which is just a short drive away.

• Like 1

Racinbob

Unfortunately I doubt I'll make it this year. Our move back to Indiana ill probably put a damper on it. First time @slim67 ? It's a great time. We stayed at a Comfort Inn in Chambersburg the past two years. Nice place, hot breakfast and a bunch of members stay there. :)

• Like 2

DJE

I'll be there. It's a great show and I always look forward to it!!

• Like 1

slim67
2 hours ago, rmaynard said:

Camping on site. I will be there. Probably camping again this year.

Are there campsites? or do you set up in a certain spot? Thats convenient.

1 hour ago, Racinbob said:

Unfortunately I doubt I'll make it this year. Our move back to Indiana ill probably put a damper on it. First time @slim67 ? It's a great time. We stayed at a Comfort Inn in Chambersburg the past two years. Nice place, hot breakfast and a bunch of members stay there. :)

Yes it would be a first for me. Ive been wanting to go for a long time but never seem able to go.If I can find somewhere for my wife to go while I attend show would be a plus. Thanks for the tip.

If you can make the show in Sugar Creek, I recommend it. All brands are represented and there is stuff for the mrs to do while you are there. happy wife,happy life!

• Like 2

WHX??

Go Slim you won't be sorry.... general consensus is Thursday is the day to get there. get setup & look around & unwind. I will guarantee you will meet a lot of nice guys. The real party :party:starts on Friday and (what I hated most) everybody is pretty much packed up & gone by early Saturday afternoon, way too short a weekend.  A few stragglers hangout till Sunday morning. Campsites are on a first come first serve basis but many of the regulars have squatters rights. Plenty of places to setup tho. There is a small fee for camping ..I think it was like 20 bucks a nite. They do have nice showers there too & a church group runs a concession stand with great food.

Lots more info here http://www.wheelhorsecc.com/ as well as contact numbers. Click on the FAQ link for camping info. Make sure you support them

Lots of stuff (read shopping!) & cool things to see in nearby Gettysburg for the wife if she's so inclined.

50 minutes ago, slim67 said:

All brands are represented

Not so here.......you bring a non wheel horse it will have to stay on the trailer and they are pretty strict about it. They won't even let golf carts in.  Otherwise bring as many :wh: as you care to haul so your popup better have a stinger on the back for that!. Be ready to possibly buy, sell & always lots of parts at good prices.

Wished I didn't see this thread ...now I am like @Racinbob and jonesing to go.......wife's year to pick the vacation. :(

Edited by WHX9
speeling
  • Like 2

953 nut

:text-bravo:Count me in.   :text-yeahthat:  First day of the show is my wife's birthday, guess we will have to celebrate early, then she can enjoy some quiet quality time at home!

• Like 6

SPINJIM
22 minutes ago, 953 nut said:

:text-bravo:Count me in.   :text-yeahthat:  First day of the show is my wife's birthday, guess we will have to celebrate early, then she can enjoy some quiet quality time at home!

I took my wife along on a year when the show started on her birthday (the 21st), and she was completely bored.   She tolerates my hobby, but just doesn't appreciate it.

This year, her birthday is Wednesday, so I'll to pack up the Horses on Tuesday so that I can leave early Thursday morning.    I'll be there, but I have to keep the peace at home so that I have a home to come back to.   (After all,  that's where my Horse barn is.)

Jim

• Like 2

slim67
1 hour ago, WHX9 said:

Go Slim you won't be sorry.... general consensus is Thursday is the day to get there. get setup & look around & unwind. I will guarantee you will meet a lot of nice guys. The real party :party:starts on Friday and (what I hated most) everybody is pretty much packed up & gone by early Saturday afternoon, way too short a weekend.  A few stragglers hangout till Sunday morning. Campsites are on a first come first serve basis but many of the regulars have squatters rights. Plenty of places to setup tho. There is a small fee for camping ..I think it was like 20 bucks a nite. They do have nice showers there too & a church group runs a concession stand with great food.

Lots more info here http://www.wheelhorsecc.com/ as well as contact numbers. Click on the FAQ link for camping info. Make sure you support them

Lots of stuff (read shopping!) & cool things to see in nearby Gettysburg for the wife if she's so inclined.

Not so here.......you bring a non wheel horse it will have to stay on the trailer and they are pretty strict about it. They won't even let golf carts in.  Otherwise bring as many :wh: as you care to haul so your popup better have a stinger on the back for that!. Be ready to possibly buy, sell & always lots of parts at good prices.

Wished I didn't see this thread ...now I am like @Racinbob and jonesing to go.......wife's year to pick the vacation. :(

Thanks for the info. I really want to go and think I owe to myself to do so. Time to start planning!

41 minutes ago, 953 nut said:

We might be going to the outer banks this year. How far are you from there? 

• Like 1

953 nut
10 minutes ago, slim67 said:

We might be going to the outer banks this year. How far are you from there?

I am in the far western end of North Carolina; about an eight hour drive to the outer banks.

23 minutes ago, SPINJIM said:

She tolerates my hobby, but just doesn't appreciate it.

My wife is an avid quilter, two or three times a year she and her friends go off on quilt outings, she has her thing and I have mine. When we go to the Florida Flywheelers show (once every three or four years) she seems to enjoy the flea market, knows it is just one day.

• Like 2

Racinbob

My wife spent most of the time chatting with Mrs. Stevasaurus and the many that wandered through the canopy. She's not a nut over Wheel Horses but she does appreciate them and enjoyed watching all the kids play with them, big and little, old and young. I'm pretty lucky. She even told me she enjoyed seeing me have so much fun. :)

• Like 7

WHX??
3 minutes ago, Racinbob said:

She even told me she enjoyed seeing me have so much fun

'ats a keeper! :)

• Like 2

rmaynard

Just a word about camping. Camping is free on Friday night. If you come on Thursday, or stay until Sunday morning, there is a charge of $20 per night for those nights. Even though some members have "assumed" squatters rights, there are NO reservations, and if you get there early, you can't hold a spot for someone else. There will always be enough room for tent campers as there are many large open fields with lot of room. There are however, some electric sites for large campers and motor homes. They are limited and fill up fast.

A local church group has concession rights and provides food from Thursday through Saturday lunch. They have terrific breakfasts, lunchs and dinner. They also have a great value on ice for your coolers.

So, no matter what you decide to do, it's always an enjoyable time.

• Like 4

russellmc301

i hope to go the sugar creek show.

slim67
31 minutes ago, rmaynard said:

Just a word about camping. Camping is free on Friday night. If you come on Thursday, or stay until Sunday morning, there is a charge of $20 per night for those nights. Even though some members have "assumed" squatters rights, there are NO reservations, and if you get there early, you can't hold a spot for someone else. There will always be enough room for tent campers as there are many large open fields with lot of room. There are however, some electric sites for large campers and motor homes. They are limited and fill up fast.

A local church group has concession rights and provides food from Thursday through Saturday lunch. They have terrific breakfasts, lunchs and dinner. They also have a great value on ice for your coolers.

So, no matter what you decide to do, it's always an enjoyable time.

it sounds like a good bunch of people

11 minutes ago, russellmc301 said:

i hope to go the sugar creek show.

let me know if you do

roadapples

Good Lord willing, I`ll be there...:banana-dance::banana-linedance::banana-rainbow:

slim67
8 minutes ago, roadapples said:

Good Lord willing, I`ll be there...:banana-dance::banana-linedance::banana-rainbow:

At least you don't have to far to go to the:wh: show!

• Like 1

Sodaking27

I'll be there on Friday..:happy-jumpeveryone:

WHX??
1 hour ago, roadapples said:

You got no excuse Apples... what a whole 14 miles away??? :ychain:

• Like 1

artfull dodger

Wish we could go and bring the Autism Horse.  Maybe in 2018, with my wife's health issues and my job issues, its doubtful we will make anything but the local shows this year.  Atleast we have the Mentone gathering and a few other decent ones.   The huge show in Portland would be a fun location for a future Wheel Horse massive gathering and I am very supprised this hasn't been done yet.  Being that Indiana is home turf for Wheel Horse.  The national Gravely club has thier "mow in" every so often at the massive Portland summer show, maybe time to bring a national WH event to that show in the future.  I see plenty of them being used at the show, and plenty more for sale.  Mike the Aspie

slim67
26 minutes ago, artfull dodger said:

Wish we could go and bring the Autism Horse.  Maybe in 2018, with my wife's health issues and my job issues, its doubtful we will make anything but the local shows this year.  Atleast we have the Mentone gathering and a few other decent ones.   The huge show in Portland would be a fun location for a future Wheel Horse massive gathering and I am very supprised this hasn't been done yet.  Being that Indiana is home turf for Wheel Horse.  The national Gravely club has thier "mow in" every so often at the massive Portland summer show, maybe time to bring a national WH event to that show in the future.  I see plenty of them being used at the show, and plenty more for sale.  Mike the Aspie

At least with a Wheelhorse you dont need a sulky ! Kidding aside I love Gravely stuff. I had a 5665 for a time. Best walk-behinds ever made IMO.

artfull dodger

Well my friend does need the sulky.  We use his off topic green/yellow one behind my tractor to haul him, or my wife or me as she usualy takes over the horse and I get to ride.  Both my wife and friend have bad knees.   Mike

857 horse

Well,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Didn't even consider,,,,,,Wife is headed into a knee surgery,,,,Still don't know a schedule......other than that,,,,,This is my only plans for this summer,,,,,,Fingers and eyes crossed !!!!!,

• Like 1

slim67
26 minutes ago, artfull dodger said:

Well my friend does need the sulky.  We use his off topic green/yellow one behind my tractor to haul him, or my wife or me as she usualy takes over the horse and I get to ride.  Both my wife and friend have bad knees.   Mike

good idea.is it a Gravely sulky?

10 minutes ago, 857 horse said:

Well,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Didn't even consider,,,,,,Wife is headed into a knee surgery,,,,Still don't know a schedule......other than that,,,,,This is my only plans for this summer,,,,,,Fingers and eyes crossed !!!!!,

good luck

• Like 1