curtishorsemanship

New to wheel horse

curtishorsemanship

I have a working wheel horse but it needs new tires.  My husband bought it before he passed away and it needs tires and some gear work done.  I need it to either work or I need to sell it.  Don't even know where to look for a model number.  Please give some advice.

GlenPettit

Step 1:  Take some pictures of it, both sides and rear to front . . . then post them here, we'll be able to tell you exactly what model it is then;  also post any numbers you see on the side decals (that's the model), . . .  the serial number is on a small metal-looking tag usually on the dash tower or the seat pan.  Does your tractor run OK, and how does it sound when you change engine speed ?  All your manuals and Operating booklets are available here as a free download,  you can also see pictures of all Wheel Horse models in the pictures section, listed by year.

** Tires are an easy fix, easy to remove and put on the wheels (the heavy metal in center of tire), and you can get the (black rubber) tires and the mounting of the tire to the wheels done at many places (like Discount Tire = lowest prices usually).

Welcome to Red Square  :)                                      :wwp:

Edited by GlenPettit
  • Like 4

953 nut

:WRS:   If you, or a  friend or relative aren't intimidated by mechanical things then this is going to be easier than you think. We have lots of good knowledgeable members who can walk you through repairs that may be needed. As Glen said, post some pictures and a little more information about the thins that do and don't work well and we will go from there. 

• Like 4

wheelhorseman

Check around this area and if is not there try  checking under the dash and if still no luck check for a white decal under/around the seat. 

Oh and by the way 

:text-welcomeconfetti:to :rs:

IMG_3873.JPG

Edited by wheelhorseman1000
  • Like 2

KC9KAS

@curtishorsemanship :text-welcomeconfetti: to :rs:

The gang here has made many a repairs from afar, so let us help you too!

• Like 3

AMC RULES

:text-yeahthat: We got your back.  :greetings-wavingyellow:

:WRS:

• Like 2

SylvanLakeWH

:text-welcomeconfetti:

Sorry for your loss...

You are at the right site - these guys can walk you through everything to get your tractor back up and running...

• Like 1

richmondred01

I'm a fellow Virginian and can help you out getting the old girl up and running.