clueless

kohler k oil pan

clueless

Looking at buying a K241A from a member, I know the A is for a different oil pan, I'm thinking about putting it on a B-81, will it work with the shaker mount if not if I remove the shaker will it bolt to the frame? Would like to buy it, but its a 7hr round trip and if its going to require a lot of work I may pass, got a k181 that will fit, just would like one with a big block.

Racinbob

I doubt it would work with the shaker mount but it should bolt directly to the frame which I prefer anyways. The correct pan for a Wheel Horse would have two blind holes on the right side to run bolts up through the frame. The two right flanges hang past the frame. If you don't have the blind holes you could use J bolts. :)

I put a K341 on a B-80 and it wasn't much work at all. :)

• Like 1

clueless

Thanks, Bob, from what I've been reading the "A" oil pan is narrower, no flange (ears) bolt holes. They are ether cast or aluminum, deep are shallow, if shallow the engine has a shorter oil dipper. If its the deeper pan I should be able to just change the pan with a flange pan that fit a WH, shouldn't be to hard to find. I PMed the guy to see what he has. 

Racinbob

That almost sounds like a pan for the shaker mount. I bought a C-141 with a shaker years ago. I then purchased an oil pan with the flanges so I could bolt it directly to the frame. It ends up the flanged pan wouldn't fit on the motor. The block was different.There should be something in the pinned Identifying Kohler blocks thread. :)

rmaynard

You mentioned that you wanted to put it on a B-81. Did you mean C-81? A B-81 is a vertical engine machine, and a K241A is horizontal engine.

• Like 1

clueless

Okay, just talked to the guy, I asked him if it was an A or a AS, he said it could be an AS but it did come off of a WH. He went out to his shop and looked said it was a K241AS, said it has a rubber mounted frame bolted to it that bolted to the tractor frame. Another member down here was the first to PM him, he said he had not heard from him, if I want it come get it. I know the member well, I called him, he said the engine is what he wanted also, gave him the guys number, maybe next time. Yes its a C-81 Bob, my bad. Also he has the engine listed here as a K241A.

oldredrider

I've got a rebuilt K241AS (cradle mount) motor for sale that will bolt up to your C-81. Send me a pm if you're interested. 

rmaynard

My neighbor put a K321AS (14HP) on his C-81. I seem to remember that there were some spacers between the base of the K181 and the cradle that were not used with the larger engine, but otherwise, it bolted right up. Turned that C-81 into a monster C-141. 

clueless

The 8hp on the C-81 is a regular K181 no special oil pan. There are four spacer about 3/4" thick that go between the engine and the cradle. I've got a a '87 312-8 with 600 hr and a '97 416-8 with 220hr, not real fond of ether, they just sit in the shop.Just want to put a big block on the B-80 or the C-81. Just like them Bs and Cs.