artfull dodger

Got a horse back in the stable tonight

Terry M

Mike, That Tractor looks nice just the way it is..so, I would Just polish up the original paint as best you can and then add your special decals ....Then call it done:)

• Like 4

SylvanLakeWH

Very nice tractor and very cool idea!

• Like 1

artfull dodger

I posted over on vinylguy's area to see if he can make the custom hood top decal.  If I cover the whole top of the hood with the autism rainbow jigsaw color, she will look awsome.   The rest of the paint will polish up decent, I will add some autism decals to the fender pan to, but i can source those from Amazon.  Since being diagnosed on the spectrum myself a few years ago, its become a very special cause for me.  Still hoping to see the horse head hood ornaments happen again, but not holding my breath this many years along.  Even one just painted silver would suit me for now.  Anybody have on of Glenns old production ones that are resin that they would let go of?    Mike the Aspie

• Like 3

artfull dodger

I want the whole top of the hood to look like this pic!    Mike the Aspie

s-l225%201_zpsaptwigzf.jpg

• Like 2

Retired Wrencher

artfull dodger  Wow what a find. I would do like Terry said. Harbor Freight sells cheap polishers for this. You will be happy when done. Enjoy it. Ohh try putting some new  foam  in the seat then put the cover back on. I have done this many times. For rips use black thread to seal up rip. Just trace old foam on to new easy peaze.

Mike'sHorseBarn

That is an absolutely beautiful survivor! If it runs as good as it looks all you have to do is ride it and smile! :D

DougC

:text-yeahthat: Great find!!! Congratulations!   :handgestures-thumbupright:

artfull dodger

I ordered the custom hood decal, just the basic rainbow puzzle piece decal from the local sign shop.  I will use decals from Ebay or Amazon to finish decorating the tractor once I install that decal and buff out the rest of the paint.   I installed the mower deck, wish I knew how much noise is normal from the old twin blade timed mower decks.  Only run two in my life and both were pretty worn out and very noisy.   This is one is really nice, bearings are smooth and tight.   Mike

AMC RULES

Can we see a close up of the :wh: dealership decal on the side of your hood?  :text-thankyoublue:

artfull dodger

I will get a pic here in a few min of the decals, there is one on each side.  On another note, I fired the mower deck up before I headed to work last night, runs almost totaly silent!   Now that I like, I hear the engine running instead of the mower deck howling!  Should be ready to cut grass in a couple more months.  Mike

• Like 1

JERSEYHAWG /  Glenn

Real nice machine you got, I understand keeping it like you want.

Glenn

artfull dodger

Vinylguy is making me some decals shaped correctly for the hood top and fender tops.  Now IF I could just find one of Glenn's horse head hood ornaments to replace the stock one.   Always hope he would pull off getting the new chrome metal ones made but looks like the project stalled back in 2013.  Anybody have one of the early ones I can buy?   Thanks  Mike

artfull dodger

Picture of the dealership decal on the hood of the Commando 8.    Mike

horsedealership_zpsmkpgfil2.jpeg

• Like 1

AMC RULES

:rolleyes: Thinking, it would make a nice addition to this long standing thread we have here on :rs:.