hermitman

Front bucket attachment.

SylvanLakeWH

WOW!

Nice job! (On the bucket and on your parenting!) What a great kid! :bow-blue:

How about a closeup pic on how it hooks to the plow blade?

And is that hinged to dump as well?

• Like 1

hermitman

no it doesn't dump but on an older model you might be able to make it work. this is strictly for moving a to b. will take some pics and see if I can explain it. easier to see it though. phone doesn't let me send video. p.s. he is awesome!!

• Like 2

AMC RULES

:bow-blue:   That bucket is an awesome idea...   :clap:

and the fab work appears very nicely done too. 

• Like 1

hermitman

Alright, he's over thinking this. It only weighs like 30 lbs. Now he wants to build a cradle for it! I'm not that decrepit yet lol!!!

IMG_20170122_192508.jpg

IMG_20170122_191942.jpg

• Like 7

SylvanLakeWH

Thanks for posting the added pics with details of the hooks.

Nice, clean and simple design.

Talented Kid...Lucky Dad!

Edited by SylvanLakeWH
  • Like 2

hermitman

YES I AM!! You get lucky every now and then he's a kick butt fabricator. Does crazy artwork on the side,

oh and thanks for response!! I'll put a couple things so you can see what he does when he's not bugging mEE lol

• Like 2

SylvanLakeWH

WOW!

IF HE USES ALL :wh: PARTS HE SHOULD ASK TO BE A VENDOR ON THIS SITE AND SELL TO ALL THE :wh: JUNKIES...

:twocents-02cents:

• Like 3

elcamino/wheelhorse

Really like the bucket , if he does any more work on it please send pictures.

• Like 2

hermitman

I'd have to shoot him if you used any of my horse parts!! Jeez,,, I have to keep an eye on tools the way it is!:(

• Like 4

953 nut

Kool artwork tables!    Looks like a few automatic transmissions and bikes donated some parts.  :ychain:   

• Like 2

ol550

Koool!  The General Lee has it's own pair of Daisy Dukes.:rolleyes:

• Like 2

Sarge

Using a dual valve off a D series , and another cylinder mounted to the front pivot pin on that blade - a guy could make it dump too...

Sarge

• Like 2

hermitman

His buddy has a transmission shop. Steady flow of materials! Daisy dukes was a complete fluke. I was going to do marine vinyl but was too expensive then it hit me! Dump idea is excellent idea but then pump would be needed correct? Thanks everyone for input! Gary and Aaron:greetings-clappingyellow:

• Like 2

wallfish
3 hours ago, hermitman said:

Dump idea is excellent idea but then pump would be needed correct?

Manual dump. Hinge the top, weld a lever to the side of bucket, pull with rope. It will separate at the bottom and dump out of the middle. (Drawing not to scale. Probably needs longer lever)

:twocents-02cents:

dump.jpg

• Like 3

wallfish

Something like this (in Green) might look better and give a little more leverage. Again, not to scale just kinda think'n out loud

dump.jpg

• Like 4

hermitman

it already hinges at top so this would be a real easy fix! should keep him busy for awhile. Thanks for a great idea! Gary

• Like 2

elcamino/wheelhorse

@hermitmanand @wallfish I saw something similar in a article some time a ago . Of course  now I can't find it. If I find it I will post a copy. Hermitman your son's creation is a lot nicer. How did he curved sides and what gauge metal did he use. I bet you could sell some at the BIg Show. 

• Like 3

wallfish
On 1/23/2017 at 8:48 PM, elcamino/wheelhorse said:

@hermitmanand @wallfish I saw something similar in a article some time a ago . Of course  now I can't find it. If I find it I will post a copy. Hermitman your son's creation is a lot nicer. How did he curved sides and what gauge metal did he use. I bet you could sell some at the BIg Show. 

Saw something done a while ago very similar to this bucket idea but the guy made it out of wood.

I was thinking of building something similar to sell as a kit. Most people would love a bucket but a FEL is too much attachment or too much money to be worth it. Something small and simple that can easily be attached might be popular.

Edited by wallfish
fix multiple post

hermitman

Aaron made it out of 14 gauge 316L stainless only because thats what was laying around in scrap bay. To do the radius, we just took a rectangular piece, laid it beside the blade and traced along the inside. cut that then used it for a pattern on the other side. Hooks at top are just 1/4"x 2" flat stock welded to sides then bent over top of blade to hold it on. 3/4" bar welded on bottom keeps it in place there. I'll take it off and try to get some better pics this afternoon.

elcamino/wheelhorse

@hermitman and @wallfish I found this today when I was searching for the scoop I h seen a couple of years ago. Sorry for the colors. I would really like to have a scoop but I don't weld so I just dream . I hope you can see these.

Scan0008.jpg

Scan0009.jpg

Edited by elcamino/wheelhorse
added picture
  • Like 2

AMC RULES

• Like 5

hermitman

Now that's some serious engineering!

wrightorchid

Looks like at least 4 hydro lines to the front.  I bet it could almost dance!

• Like 1