Docwheelhorse

Best Mouse nest in awhile....

Docwheelhorse

Pulled shroud off 314 that sat for around a year... look at how nice a job Mr. Mouse did building a condo for him and his wife...

Freakin Mice.... Kill 'em all and Let God sort 'em out...

Tony

314mousenest

314mice.jpg

Edited by Docwheelhorse
Pic not loading
  • Like 8

JAinVA

Mice can do a lot of damage to electrical systems and squirrels too.I don't drive as much as I used to and I let my F350 sit for an extended time.A mama squirrel had three little ones in the engine bay. By the time I discovered it they had done $1500  in damage to the wiring harness.I was really happy I had kept comp insurance on it.

Edited by JAinVA
  • Like 2

AMC RULES

:rolleyes: Here's a condo I found built with seperate bedrooms. IMG_1178.JPG

• Like 7

SylvanLakeWH
5 minutes ago, AMC RULES said:

:rolleyes: Here's a condo I found built with seperate bedrooms. IMG_1178.JPG

Multi-family "hourseing"...

:ROTF:

• Like 5

AMC RULES

You mean... :hilarious:

"multi-family" mousing.  

• Like 7

JAinVA

Hope you guys were wearing dust masks when it came time for evictions.Man those things look massive.

• Like 1

Docwheelhorse

No mask... but did use big shop vac

• Like 1

JAinVA

That should help.I fear that some folks drag out what they can by hand and clean out the rest with compressed air.

• Like 1

Hacksawhero123

You Fellas must have some lazy cats😂  

Mark. 

• Like 2

Rob R

Had one yesterday on a friends Craftsman.....

Craftsman 14.5 - Mattson (3).JPG

Craftsman 14.5 - Mattson (2).JPG

Craftsman 14.5 - Mattson (1).JPG

• Like 2

KC9KAS

Here are a couple of photos of mouse condos in a B&S on my wife's GILSON.

They actually ate the insulation off of the coil wire.

IMG_20160507_102840_zpsjsme003t.jpg

IMG_20160507_102731_zps6cbdcaap.jpg

• Like 3

wheelhorseman

This is not mine but I had to save the picture because it was impressive!

(Tecumseh townhouse)

IMG_1828.JPG

Edited by wheelhorseman1000
  • Like 6

oliver2-44

I used to have mice problems in my deer stands, they would eat the chair cushions up. During the off season I started putting a few  moth balls in an open plastic bag on the chair. Works no nice.:greetings-clappingyellow:  I think I'll go put some bags on the seats and on top of the engines on some tractors i have stored in the barn.  The one downside is the mothball smell does linger awhile after there removed:no:

• Like 2

Rob R
45 minutes ago, oliver2-44 said:

I used to have mice problems in my deer stands, they would eat the chair cushions up. During the off season I started putting a few  moth balls in an open plastic bag on the chair. Works no nice.:greetings-clappingyellow:  I think I'll go put some bags on the seats and on top of the engines on some tractors i have stored in the barn.  The one downside is the mothball smell does linger awhile after there removed:no:

Mothballs work but are pain to get where you need them..... what I like is concentrated Pine Sol (Home D) in a spray bottle applied every month works great mice Hate it and I hate mice ..... end of problem.....

Edited by rgrottk

Texas Todd

I had a buddy tell me that mice hate the smell of dryer sheets. The tractor I keep up at my land has dryer sheets tucked around any area that the little nasty creatures might nest or chew. So far so good.

And frankly it gives a pleasant odor to the tractor when you walk up to it. I leave an open box of them in a storage trailer up there and again, so far so good.

#21 on the list:

http://www.curbly.com/1602-25-alternative-uses-for-fabric-softener-dryer-sheets

russtiron

Not Wheel Horse I still  have to share, This nest was in the cylinder block of a Centaur model G2 I purchased at auction

DSC00003.JPG

DSC00004.JPG

DSC00007.JPG

AMC RULES
19 hours ago, Hacksawhero123 said:

You Fellas must have some lazy cats😂  

Mark. 

:blink:  Oh...so you've met our cat.  :sleeping-yellow:

The Fainting Chlo.jpg

Notice...her ears aren't sleeping.  :lol:

Edited by AMC RULES
  • Like 3

briankd

was 60 degrees out today went out to play noticed some bird seed scattered on my c-120 went and fired it up and dang did the crap fly outa the engine shroud. only been a month dam mouse built a nest in it have to pull shroud off and clean it out. guess better not keep bird seed over winter in bag draws the mice in

oldredrider

Last winter I put rat/mouse poison around in the garage. This past spring found a good amount of it in a nest inside the shroud of a Horse I had stored in the shed. My barn cats have been slacking.

cleat

This one was in a 520 I bought last summer.

Went from the engine to the rear end.

Nothing in the engine though.

Mouse nest 1.JPG

Cleat

• Like 1

bowtieguy

Park your horses on some carpet...saturate it around wheels with Comet....they don't like to get that stuff in their smeller.....has worked for me for almost 5 years.....and my red-neck mouse traps any "strays" if the Comet doesn't drive them away.

tunahead72
On ‎1‎/‎21‎/‎2017 at 7:03 PM, JAinVA said:

Hope you guys were wearing dust masks when it came time for evictions.Man those things look massive.

On ‎1‎/‎21‎/‎2017 at 7:47 PM, JAinVA said:

That should help.I fear that some folks drag out what they can by hand and clean out the rest with compressed air.

I think what Jim's getting at here is that you need to be really careful around those nests, especially when cleaning them out.  The droppings and urine can be dangerous/toxic/sickening, and to be completely safe you should probably wear disposable gloves.  I can't say that I do, but at the very least you don't want to touch that stuff with your bare hands.  I know somebody here on RedSquare posted some more specific information a while back about what's in these nests and how to safely remove and dispose of them.  If anybody can find it and post a link, I know I'd personally appreciate it.

• Like 2

new horse

I keep all my different bird feeds in covered 5 gall. buckets, you can usually get them at Lowes w/cover for a couple of bucks ea.  No problem keepin bird seed in my attached garage.

ACman

I have a little table in the barn that I keep things on . For a test I put some candy and some other goodies on it along with a dryer sheet .        No sign of any mice :) ! On the shelf on the wall where there's no food they left their calling card so more dryer sheets it is and they smell way better than mothballs . Thanks @Texas Todd for the tip :handgestures-thumbupright: !

• Like 2

Blasterdad

Decided to investigate what THIS was all about tonight, (C-120 Auto I brought home last week).

58b8d60ca7422_meeses005.thumb.JPG.89095e7065aece09264c48f1bd3b6fb9.JPG

Found this... 3 1/2"D x 6"W x 6"L. Worked well to soak up the PB Blaster, lol

58b8d73783148_meeses001.thumb.JPG.d9b204b196408d82b078db3bd55039cf.JPG

All gone! 

58b8d8234a2ef_meeses006.thumb.JPG.63fc2fb68c08930da1f4ecb86cbe8faa.JPG

• Like 2