Gene_S

2017 Mentone Garden Tractor Show & Swap Meet

Gene_S

Hi tractor friends. Hope everyone had a good Christmas and are doing well. Ken and I have decided to have the Mentone Garden Tractor Show & Swap meet on a new date this year. As most of you know we've had nothing but bad luck with trying to figure out Mother Nature and have been rained out the last four or more times. This year we're going to have it in collaboration with Mentone Egg Festival. The tractor show and swap meet will be on Friday June 2nd and Saturday June 3rd. Anyone wanting to set up and sell can come set up on Thursday June 1st If desired. As usual there will be a $5 per day selling fee to help cover the costs. Also we would love if we could get people to bring their garden tractors to show. We're hoping to set up an area just for them to be shown off! If anyone has any questions Ken can be reached at 574-607-7694 and I can be reached at 513-319-3640. The Show and Swap Meet will be just north of Mentone Indiana on highway 19 Thanks and hope to see everyone there!
note: I apologize the attachment was last year's Egg Festival Because they have not posted this year's yet.

Egg Festival - Mentone Chamber of Commerce
The Mentone Egg Festival for 2016 will be held June 2nd, 3rd, and 4th... Mark it down on your calendars! The three-day event features entertainment, games, food, a parade in the downtown area, a play area for kids, and a huge car, truck, motorcycle &…
MENTONEEGGCITY.COM

• Like 9

ACman

:text-bump: Just a reminder  :)

Edited by ACman
  • Like 3

Racinbob

I'll be there on the 3rd :banana-dance: My first time at that show and now it's only about 40 miles away. I haven't decided yet but I might bring my Suburban. :)

• Like 3

Cub fan

Is this just WH garden tractors or all brands? What about farm tractors? Looking forward to seeing this show.  Jim

• Like 2

Gene_S

Jim, this is absolutely for all brands! Love to see your tractors there!

Cub fan

Gene,. I will be at the show but no tractors. Jim

• Like 2

Racinbob

Questions, questions, questions.......

As I mentioned, this will be my first time at the show. I'm sure some things will be different with the new date and the Egg Festival. I printed out the schedule of events and saw the different locations such as fire station, gym, park, stage, etc. Is there a map, or will there be one at the show, of where in town these places are? I only found the fire station so far. I'm sure the swap meet will be easy to find being just north of town. Providing the weather cooperates :bow-blue: I may bring a tractor. Will there be areas to drive them around? :)

• Like 2

ztnoo

Here's a Google map of Mentone.

Keep zooming in and highlighted business and other point of interest will be shown.

Racinbob

Thanks ztnoo but things like the tent, parade route, stage etc. aren't there. BTW, are you going to be there? :)

ztnoo

Yeah, probably one day.

Not sure which yet.  umm.gif.614e12026dd094badd994f58baea3945.gif

stevasaurus

If you exit #RT 30 on to #RT 19 and go through Etna Green...continue on #RT 19 about 5 miles.  The swap meet part is by the radio tower and the pasture that surrounds it...just before you go into town.  :)  On the right.

Edited to change from water tower to radio tower.  sorry for any confusion.  :)

• Like 3

Racinbob

Now that there would account for why I couldn't find a water tower on Google earth :D

• Like 1

HorseFixer

MaryJane and I will be there both Friday and Saturday Camping Onsite. She will be selling her Etched Glass Ware. If Anyone needs something Custom or Special we will be taking orders. Steve since there are no PIC NIC TABLES to Chop Up What are we going to do for Fire Wood?   :ROTF:

• Like 1

Molon_Labe

I know that quite a few of the folks over at gttalk would be interested in going if they knew the show was open to all brands, lots of them live in the area. I am planning to be there on Friday, 6/2 with my 704 to putt around on. Might load the 654 as well. I really hope the weather cooperates because the last four or five have been rain outs. Just looked at the forecast and it looks GREAT for next weekend. Only hope it doesn't change. Fingers crossed.

fabricator2009

If anyone has a front deck carrier for sale that's coming to the show this weekend, look me up. Thanks.

520HC

Ken I have one I will sell but I can't make the show this weekend.If you don't find one let me know. Me and the wife will take a ride your way some evening with it.

fabricator2009

Thanks. I'll keep you posted.

stevasaurus

Who is the genius that said the weather looked good for Saturday.???   :banana-linedance::banana-linedance::banana-linedance::banana-linedance:  Dancin' in the rain.  :)

• Like 2

ztnoo

At this point weather wise, it would appear Friday would be the day to attend, unless you enjoy wearing rain jackets and rubber boots.

http://forecast.weather.gov/MapClick.php?lat=41.1734&lon=-86.0347#.WS8Uvty1vV8

At least it won't be 45 with a chill factor in the 30's like last year.

• Like 3

Molon_Labe
16 hours ago, stevasaurus said:

Who is the genius that said the weather looked good for Saturday.???   :banana-linedance::banana-linedance::banana-linedance::banana-linedance:  Dancin' in the rain.  :)

That's what happens when you trust the 7 day forecast.... :doh:

• Like 1

GlenPettit

The total rain forecast doesn't look like much, less than 1/10th inch . . . and how accurate are these forecasts anyway.

Wished I had a job where I could be 10%, 50%, 80%, or 90% accurate.

Even if it rains for just 20 minutes in the whole day, they still forecast rain, it may be mostly warm & sunny . . . it's still well worth the attendance.

If it does rain, maybe sellers will give better deals, have a bigger selection, may be less crowded, and more time for talking too.

- - -  the field is well grown with grass, very little mud,  and the people are Great!

Edited by GlenPettit
  • Like 6

Racinbob

This is the best forcaster:

59301d04e1e89_weatherrope.jpg.35a0ec8de965cbad1613fc36db080bfa.jpg

• Like 6

ztnoo

weather-stone-400x415.jpg.378ae33327fadd2cdd5e270fc610ef58.jpg

• Like 1

stevasaurus

You guys are like a cheap date...don't need to go anywhere...I'm surrounded by entertainment.  :occasion-xmas:  Glenn's glass is always 1/2 full.  :handgestures-thumbupright:  I don't think I would know if I was in Indiana if it wasn't raining...that's when I would get my truck wet...once at Mentone in the spring, and once at Scott's M&G in the fall.  I don't know if anyone noticed, but the day Gene and Ken would have had the Mentone Swap usually...was a great day this year.  That's why they moved it!!   LOL :ychain:  I'll be there Saturday...I'll be the one wearing a rain coat and carrying a stainless cup.  The cup is also a rain gauge.

• Like 5

Molon_Labe

Ready to go tomorrow... All loaded up and tied down. Just wish I could be there on Saturday.

SAM_1965.JPG.885b6ab78ba84f98a15c05ced8c648e1.JPGSAM_1968.JPG.dc338b1abb228edfa72c7cc1080bc7fd.JPG

• Like 4