Gene_S

2017 Mentone Garden Tractor Show & Swap Meet

stevasaurus

I thought this would amuse..  :)

595cb7832a5b051ae32299e42efed949.jpg

• Like 3

Racinbob

I had a long talk with the weather lady. She promised she'd try to improve the forecast. RAIN CHANCES HAVE GONE DOWN!! Keep working hard Amy.

• Like 1

WHX??

Have fun guys and bring us back lots of pictures and don't forget to ask around if anyone has a 3119 steering arm for my 702... you know... the one the wife broke.. :)

• Like 2

Racinbob

I

I've got my list and just added your steering arm to it. If I find one I'll send it to...........Cindy! She might be interested in hearing about what she's being accused of B)

Also, Richie is looking for an old style electric PTO. Working or not working. Anyone have one they could bring? :)

• Like 1

WHX??

Think I just  found one Bob ...persistance pays and @ACman helps! :)Steve....you behave.....you've got a field of rye to turn over with that high perf. 857 and we are not talking R&R ! :ychain:

Edited by WHX11
  • Like 2

Howie

Well, they say the weather Friday will be dry. Rain forecast  for Sat rain late in the evening, guess we shall see! I am only 

Am only maybe 20 minutes away so have not loaded a tractor yet, will do in the morning. They changed the forecast 

today hope they are right!

• Like 2

jay bee
5 hours ago, Racinbob said:

Also, Richie is looking for an old style electric PTO. Working or not working. Anyone have one they could bring? 

I'll be down on Saturday and bringing an electric PTO and a lot of other stuff!!!  I will also be bringing a bunch of my mufflers for the 10hp thru 16hp Kohler Engines that I sell on Red Square in the Classified Forum.  Looking forward to a fun day!!!

Jim

• Like 1

Racinbob

I'll be there Saturday too Jim. :)

Anybody out there happen to have a 104340 angle lever for a 42bc01 (and probably others) dozer blade? It's the one that offsets in about 1" to clear the footrest on, in my case a 76 B/C-series?

• Like 1

19richie66

Have a picture of that lever Bob?

14 hours ago, jay bee said:

I'll be down on Saturday and bringing an electric PTO and a lot of other stuff!!!  I will also be bringing a bunch of my mufflers for the 10hp thru 16hp Kohler Engines that I sell on Red Square in the Classified Forum.  Looking forward to a fun day!!!

Jim

clutch for a gt14 by any chance?

IMG_4495.JPG

• Like 1

Racinbob

Here's the best I could do. It's item #20. You can see the approx. 1" squared offset by the footrest. There's also a relieved area just above the offset.

19richie66

Ill look at mine when I get home if it is not pouring down rain. Believe mine is straight with the grip lever but you never know.

Racinbob

Thanks. I've got one with just a slight kick in it but it's for the older tractors with no 'floorboards'. I could rig something up but I'd really like the correct lever. :)

• Like 1

jay bee
14 hours ago, Racinbob said:

I'll be there Saturday too Jim. :)

I hope to meet you Bob.

14 hours ago, Racinbob said:

Anybody out there happen to have a 104340 angle lever for a 42bc01

Yes, I do, but it is attached to my '76 dozer blade that is stored in the shed.  You know, just in case I need it!!!

6 hours ago, 19richie66 said:

clutch for a gt14 by any chance?

That looks exactly like the one I'm bringing.  It was on a 1973 14HP Kohler engine.  I took it off and replaced it with a manual PTO.

We are leaving Kalamazoo about 7am and hope to be in Mentone by 9am.  Looking forward to meeting some of the people, and putting faces to the names and screen names  of the people we see on Red Square!!!

Jim

Racinbob

@19richie66 I never ran into @jay bee and only saw one electric clutch but it was $150.00. I'm sure you could find somebody who's going to the big show who would be willing to pick one up for way less and ship it to you. I'll keep my eyes open around here. :)

• Like 1

stevasaurus

All you guys looking for pictures...it was raining so hard, did not dare take the camera out of the bag.  Sorry.  :(

Just kidding...the weather was fantastic...80 degrees and a very nice breeze from the west.  Perfect!!  To be honest (for me anyway) my eyes were really hurting after the drive.  I saw a few people, but not everyone, and I left early to get back home.  I probably should not have driven over there today...but I did get out of there before the traffic built up around the lake.  I needed to do that.  Sorry about no pictures from me this time.  :occasion-xmas:

• Like 3

Racinbob

Geez Steve, you ratted us out. I read your PM before I saw this post. I'll stick to my comment about the dead hind ends. B)

It was a perfect day. I'm taking all the credit for the weather. They didn't realize that I was back in Indiana and foul weather was totally unacceptable. I simply had to remind them. :wacko:

It was a fun time. Got to see a few faces that I already knew from the big show and some new ones. I finally got to meet Duke in person. Ya know, for a Michigan fan he's pretty darn cool. :D

• Like 3

19richie66
5 hours ago, Racinbob said:

@19richie66 I never ran into @jay bee and only saw one electric clutch but it was $150.00. I'm sure you could find somebody who's going to the big show who would be willing to pick one up for way less and ship it to you. I'll keep my eyes open around here. :)

Im in no hurry Bob. Thanks for thinking of me though. Glad you got the weather straightened out.

jay bee

@Racinbob I was out there, but not knowing you, it was hard to locate you!!!  I asked a couple guys if they knew you, they said "yes, but they hadn't seen you today".  I was in the third row back with the table with all the new mufflers on it if you saw that.  Anyway, I'm sorry we didn't get a chance to meet and have a conversation.  I did meet a few people out there that I was able to connect with their screen names here on Red Square.  All in all-----a very fun day.  Except, that I brought home almost as much as I hauled down there.  "Almost".  Did sell a few things, which freed up some cash to acquire some other things!!!

@19richie66 PM'd me and we have a conversation started on the electric PTO. 

Jim

• Like 3

953 nut
18 minutes ago, HorseFixer said:

Mentone show and Swap Meet  here are some Pics.

Thanks for taking us along!

jay bee
1 hour ago, HorseFixer said:

Had a great time at The Mentone show and Swap Meet met Racin Bob and hung out with my Homeys here are some Pics

I had a great time too!!!  Thank you for posting all the pictures.  I wish I could put some names on more of the people in the photos...Thanks again!!!

Jim

WHX??

Nice pics Duke......Thanks for taking us along! Steve no pics? yer outta the club:ychain: @jay bee what no :text-coolphotos: from you either ?!?!? Please tell you have some @Racinbob... hate to have to drum you out of the corps!!! :ychain: How could you not miss Bob Jimbo... Short skinny guy with a Florida tan and spewing forth great quantitudes about horses in great quantities!?!....:blink:

Edited by WHX11
  • Like 2

jay bee
50 minutes ago, WHX11 said:

@jay bee what no :text-coolphotos: from you either ?!?!?

Well, I just don't have one of those fancy phones that takes those nice pictures!!!!

53 minutes ago, WHX11 said:

How could you not miss Bob Jimbo... Short skinny guy with a Florida tan and spewing forth great quantitudes about horses in great quantities!?!....:blink:

I don't know...Maybe he was too short and too skinny for me to see him.  But I sure wish it hadn't been so!!!

Jim

• Like 2

WHX??

I've got 3 dozen of Kodak digital cameras that were obsoleted by phones.... one's on the way and I will even pay shipping! :lol:

Edited by WHX11
  • Like 4