JAinVA

No google search

857 horse

You guys........im hoping  I have never came off ,,,sounding like some one that fits the description......and I realize,,,,NO ONE is being suggested as such...........But I do know,,,,Once I get a head of steam going,,,,and going and going.What ever is the topic,,...I can clearly recall about 50% of what I have said,,,,,All of what I say is pretty honest,,,,,,,,hopefully never hurtful......If so,,,,i know there are a good 2 dozen in this crowd that would recommend a sobering  moment,,,,or 2,,,,

That said.....I consider all here friends,,,Pals....My Boyyzz......Many on the cutting edge.......and a few Over the edge......

:banana-blonde::banana-blonde::banana-angel:                                      thank  you for taking a knee

Edited by 857 horse
  • Like 8

JAinVA

You guys are amazing! I was bummed  and venting when I posted this last night.Your responses have been heart warming.I really never thought the topic would get this kind of reaction.I will add my thanks to anyone who may not have got a thanks from me.As stated before no one has to help and ,when they do. two little words is all someone gets in compensation.Sometimes that is priceless.JAinVA

• Like 9

slim67
48 minutes ago, JAinVA said:

You guys are amazing! I was bummed  and venting when I posted this last night.Your responses have been heart warming.I really never thought the topic would get this kind of reaction.I will add my thanks to anyone who may not have got a thanks from me.As stated before no one has to help and ,when they do. two little words is all someone gets in compensation.Sometimes that is priceless.JAinVA

Saying thank you for anything you do for someone is a sign of civility which I think has been lost these days. Its as simple as not getting a response or wave from that person you just let in while sitting in traffic or someone walking by you as you hold the door open for them. I always try to show appreciation for anything anyone does for me. Thankfully we all feel the same.

• Like 9

hermitman

Amen to all the above  and thanks to all you moderators keep sane! :huh::(:rolleyes:

• Like 6

JC 1965

When I first joined this forum, one of my tractors had me pulling my hair out trying to figure out the problem. The members on here got me the info to get that tractor up and running and I have never forgotten that. I would like to say thanks to Karl and all the Mods. that keep this forum up and running. I also want to thank everyone that has helped me over the years. I try to do this every now and then ( can't say it to much ) so     :thanks:.

• Like 7

ClassicTractorProfessor

I understand where you are coming from...it gets to me too sometimes how people can forget their manners. I have received so much help from everyone here along the way, and try to share what little knowledge I do have with others. A simple thank you goes a long way. I try to say thanks to everyone who shares any advice or tips on things, but I'm sure I have been guilty (as most of us have) of forgetting a couple here and there. So to anyone out there I have forgotten, a big :text-thankyoublue: goes out to each and every one of you who have helped me out along the way. 

• Like 5

Sparky

Adding a "thank you" to a thread will also......BUMP UP your post count! That's what it's all about right.. :greetings-clappingyellow: !

Just kidding of course.

I do agree that a simple thanks added to a thread is easy to do and says a lot about the member as well as giving the thread some closure. If I'm interested in a threads topic it's nice to know what the correct answer was and that it it did indeed work.

Mike.....

• Like 8

RandyLittrell

Thank you for this thread! I am on a cub cadet forum too, and helped a person out the other day, and his response was "not what I needed"  

Thats it! I lost it a little and let him know he should at least thank those that tried to help whether it worked or not.

The info he needed was in the site and easily found. No response from him what so ever! 

You all have very helpful to me and I appreciate it!! 

Randy

• Like 4

ClassicTractorProfessor
1 hour ago, RandyLittrell said:

Thank you for this thread! I am on a cub cadet forum too, and helped a person out the other day, and his response was "not what I needed"  

Thats it! I lost it a little and let him know he should at least thank those that tried to help whether it worked or not.

The info he needed was in the site and easily found. No response from him what so ever! 

You all have very helpful to me and I appreciate it!! 

Randy

People like that really get under my skin too. Another thing that really gets to me is when trying to sell something and potential buyers are very rude when approaching you about your item. Had that happen the other day with the bucket truck I have for sale, but that's a whole nother story.

• Like 2

Lane Ranger

This forum has always been good to me in getting good answers.  But advice is really only based on experience.     After being on hear for many years I know who has very good advice.   Sometimes I offer advice and it is based on my experience which may be a lot less than a lot of other members.  But sharing knowledge is really the key to Red Square and it's membership.    People see things differently, some see  a glass half full or half empty - I like to know what is in it and what it tastes like!    You can never really get enough info about something until you did it yourself.    Try changing a Flushmate III pressure cylinder in a Flushmate toilet without assistance!

Edited by Lane Ranger
  • Like 4

JAinVA

I am on my soap box again,not because some one has pis@ed me off personally but because following recent posts I see something that bothers me .This post is aimed at some of our junior members.Some in age and some in length of time here.When I first posted here it was to get help and I got plenty.The folks here are knowledgeable and very gracious of their time.To those members thank you.What bothers me is the number of posts that the folks here answer and the original poster can't be bothered with a thank you.Just so you know know this is a community that is very interconnected and if you can not be bothered with at least a thank you may have some difficulty

in getting any further help.I can't speak for any one else but I have a list and I don't mind sharing it.

Edited by JAinVA
  • Like 2

rmaynard

Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't we just tackle this subject in a thread titled "Manners"?

• Like 5

Terry M

I understand what your saying , Jim.  But on the positive side, Just think of the legacy of information (from you. JAinVA) and others on this site that will help so many wheel horse owners from here on.

:):):)

• Like 5

953 nut
33 minutes ago, rmaynard said:

didn't we just tackle this subject

Yes, but he returned to the soap bx.   :handgestures-thumbupright:

Image result for soap box images

JAinVA

Yes we did.and yes I am.Thanks guys! I am following a current thread and I noticed that after many response from you guys this person has yet to reply with a like let alone a thank you to anyone.

Edited by JAinVA

oldredrider

Jim, if I might add another gripe: people who list "want" ads and don't reply or close the thread if they got what the needed.

• Like 6

Aldon

And I reiterate my pet peeve, that if possible, use the search engines to locate answers first....

Dont want you feeling ostracized and all alone on that soapbox! Lol

• Like 2

JimD

While I understand that searching for your own answers, likes, and thank you's are much appreciated on this site, I also don't believe that any of of us has the right to force our values on anyone else. If you have better manners than I do, good for you, but when you post things like this you are disparaging other members. There are no manners in that.  If it were up to me alone, threads like these would never see the light of day, but then I would be imposing my values on you. No good can come of this. Maybe it's time we all took a step back and started minding our own business. It is counterproductive to try and self-moderate the site to suit yourself. We have a team of extremely qualified Moderators to do that, myself not included in that statement as I am new to this and still learning the ropes. :)

• Like 7

rmaynard

But Jim, is it too much to expect someone to acknowledge help when offered? I am in agreement with everyone who feels this way. Manners are sorely lacking in today's society, both on social media and in public. If individual members of this forum don't point it out to the offenders, who's going to? Hmm? I'm glad that it is not up to you to prevent these threads from "seeing the light of day". This is one of the best self-policed forums out there. We have had members who thought they were better than others, and knew more than others, and they wanted everyone to know it. Thanks goodness members let them know how they felt, and the "problems" took care of themselves. 

• Like 4

JAinVA

My response to JimD is that I may completely disagree with your response. I will never bring this up again.Rest assured that I am not trying to disparage anyone and I see your point.My apologies for venting.

In the future I will mind my own business.

Edited by JAinVA
  • Like 1

953 nut
1 hour ago, JAinVA said:

No problem in my mind, as long as something is bugging some of us a little venting can help release the pressure, just don't quit caring.  :handgestures-thumbupright:

• Like 1

JimD
2 hours ago, rmaynard said:

But Jim, is it too much to expect someone to acknowledge help when offered? I am in agreement with everyone who feels this way. Manners are sorely lacking in today's society, both on social media and in public. If individual members of this forum don't point it out to the offenders, who's going to? Hmm? I'm glad that it is not up to you to prevent these threads from "seeing the light of day". This is one of the best self-policed forums out there. We have had members who thought they were better than others, and knew more than others, and they wanted everyone to know it. Thanks goodness members let them know how they felt, and the "problems" took care of themselves. 

Yes Bob, it is too much to "expect". It is not however too much to hope for. We just can't mandate that people give thanks for help they receive, any more than we can mandate that you soften your values and manners to meet others standards.

The great beauty of this site is that is a wealth of collected reference material to share with all our members, and now thanks to all of you we now have reference material on this subject as well. I want to thank you all for your input and say that I realize this is not going to be the last we have of comments and threads like this. Every subject worth posting about is worth revisiting.

We seem to forget that we all come from different backgrounds and are raised to many vastly different sets of standards. Who are you or I to say that someone elses upbringing was wrong. How dare we be so brash as to insult one another in such a manner.

As for your comment that you're glad it isn't solely up to me whether these threads see the light of day, let me say that I'm equally as glad that it isn't up to you to set the standards for how we all should all live and conduct ourselves here. I just think we should live and let live. Further, problems never take care of themselves, problems are dealt with in almost every case.

1 hour ago, JAinVA said:

My response to JimD is that I may completely disagree with your response. I will never bring this up again.Rest assured that I am not trying to disparage anyone and I see your point.My apologies for venting.

JA, it is not my intent to discourage disagreement or venting. We are all going to do it at some point, and when I do I hope you will remind of this post.

• Like 1

JAinVA

Jim-D,

I think that by your very actions and comments have discouraged venting or complaints.Gee you come from a different background so we can't point out that a Thank you will be appreciated or will lead more of us to respond.I'm sorry to have pointed this out.I never mentioned any member but you on the other hand implied my actions were out of line.I never ever would try to embarrass an offending party publicly but that sir is what I feel you have done to me.I again will heed your advice and mind my own business .

Edited by JAinVA
  • Like 1