redhead

muffler

redhead

What is correct muffler to use on 10 H.P Kohler Engine on Wheel Horse B-100 If anyone knows please let me know THANKS

Texas Todd

I used this one.

muffler dually.jpg

But any muffler will do. Like this one:

pepper.jpg

• Like 4

slammer302

It would be a Nelson muffler like on the C-seires.

Texas Todd

:text-yeahthat:

or that if you can find the correct one.

can whlvr

better go see your bank loan officer to purchace a new nelson,they want more for the muffler then I paid for any of my used horses

DennisThornton

It is a slap of reality to buy a WH for a $100 & then spend more for a belt or muffler.  Often the muffler alone costs double the total cost of the whole used tractor!  Thank goodness for great WH bargains! 

• Like 2

608KEB

A muffler and exhaust  pipe is about $230.00. I think.

rmaynard

Depending upon what year your B-100 is, the correct muffler is either a 105915, 106918, or 102258 (plus pipes and clamps). The latter two show as still being available from Toro, but expect to pay a bucket of money for them. If you are not interested in keeping the B-100 true to original, a pepper shaker style like the one shown in post #2 above is cheap, and will suffice, but will become loud after a short time.

• Like 1

pacer
1 hour ago, rmaynard said:

, a pepper shaker style like the one shown in post #2 above is cheap, and will suffice, but will become loud after a short time.

This is so true - and for this reason I really dont like this type. There are many solutions to getting a muffler, I would imagine a search for "muffler" here on the site would bring up dozens of different - and innovative - ideas.

jay bee

Here is a picture of my '76 B-100 that I bought new.  This is how it came out of the factory.  I have an add in the classifieds for a reproduction of this same muffler and exhaust pipe.   Check it out and see what you think.   Jim                                                                                                                                                                                                                   

170120_013.jpg