WHX12

Carb adjusting tool kits

So with all these weed eaters, chainsaws, leaf blowers and whatever we have  that have these pesky Walbro's or what not carbs that are not supposed to ever require adjustment I need to get one of these.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-Craftsman-Tools-Carb-Adjustment-Kit-Screwdriver-Splined-Cycle-Tool-Screw-/252680772954?hash=item3ad4f29d5a:g:88wAAOSwnHZYUFEg

So does a guy just get the 21 tooth spline or the whole set "just to have"? 

https://www.amazon.com/HIPA-Carburetor-Adjustment-Including-21-Teeth/dp/B01FAAKN7E/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1484676612&sr=8-1&keywords=carb+adjusting+tools+for+2+cycle+small+engines

None of my two strokes have anything but the spline?? ....Thoughts, comments?

Signed

Tired of trying to use a piece of rubber tube.

Edited by WHX9

Well, you can NEVER have too many tools, and the man with the most toys wins,

I think tools can be added to the toys, so GO FOR ALL OF THEM!

• Like 1

There are some nice carbon adjusting tool kits fairly cheep on evilbay. I bought a 4 tool kit that has worked on all the ones I have. Around $10 shipped to the door

Tecumseh & Autolite carb adjusting tool! :banana-dance:hm.jpg

• Like 4

5 hours ago, WHX9 said:

So does a guy just get the 21 tooth spline or the whole set "just to have"? 

Get the WHOLE Set !

This is no time to be frugal .

Edited by Digger 66
  • Like 1

I suppose your sleds are riddled with those stupid needles Digger! :lol:

Edited by WHX9

8 hours ago, WHX9 said:

I suppose your sleds are riddled with those stupid needles Digger! :lol:

Nope 

Semi-direct EFI .

All adjustments are done on a laptop through an aftermarket fuel controller .

So much for old school tuning multiple carbs!

• Like 1

On 1/17/2017 at 4:47 PM, squonk said:

Tecumseh & Autolite carb adjusting tool! :banana-dance:hm.jpg

Hey Squonk, that's my #1 Holley carb adjuster!  

Mark. 

• Like 2

I have been known to take a large, heavy golf club to old Solex carbs , as well as a few of the Holley/Weber knockoffs ....stand on the fenders just right and you can launch one a good 30yds if you can get a clean swing at it ..

Sarge

• Like 3

I made adjusters of different sizes out of brazing rod with different size electrical butt connectors on the ends of them- they slip on tightly and have more than enough grip to turn the screws- Thanks- Al

• Like 3

Thanks Al good idea. I fired up the crapsman leaf blower last nite to dust off a little snow off the sidewalk. and it didn't run quite right and I know those little screws just need a tweeking. They are pretty tight so the rubber hose trick didn't work making me wish I woulda ordered a set!