Adam

limited slip ideas needed

Adam

ya I had the trans apart about 2 years ago but I replaced all the bolts in the diff with grade 8 ones and new nuts. what fails in the 10 pinions so much to earn their reputation?

WHX??

Usually that spring as shown in Steve's vid but they have been known to take the teeth off the axle gear...... then it's really crunch & munch time :(

stevasaurus

I really think that it is about people that are building pullers.  You are asking a tractor to perform past what it is designed to do.  No doubt the 8 pinion differential, 1 1/8" axles is the best transmission for pulling.  The 10 pinion Limited Slip is designed to do everything that the attachments that were built for that are designed to do.  I don't really have anything else to say about this.  Good luck.  :)

• Like 3

JackC

"limited slip ideas needed"?

I have gotten my D-200 stuck in snow and sand enough times to want a to get a  four wheel drive tractor.

For now I am going to attach a winch to get the tractor unstuck when I need to.

How about some kind of electrically operated internal solenoid that can operate a rod or something internal to lock the transmission somehow just to get temporary two wheel drive?

• Like 1

JackC

My Arien's walk behind snow blower has full time two wheel drive but one wheel is free wheeling and when you need it you can lock the wheel to the axle for two wheel drive with a spring loaded pin.

Adam

I have decided to do turning brakes, I think I'll take 1" brake hubs for go karts and get a 1/16 milled off and mount them with mechanical calipers and have the linkages go to two handles so I can lock one or the other by hand. I'm going to have to wait till school is out so I can get some $$ to do it. I'm looking at about $120 just in brakes alone 

• Like 1