C-121uk

Home Built 654/ 704

C-121uk

Hi, for those who don't know me I am called Ewan and I am Meadowfield (Marks) son, its been a long time since i've been on this forum and a while since I restored my last Wheel Horse so I thought it was time for another challenge. I have long wanted a Wheel Horse round hood tractor but they are extremely rare in the UK and so I thought I would build my own. Whilst browsing that well know auction site the other day I saw that someone was selling a Lawn Ranger hood and so I placed a bid and won it :D, since that and the fenders are about the only parts we can't make or easily source I was very happy. So here is the build thread, as I am at university this project is going to be a summer project and I am hoping some of you fellow members will be able to help me out with measurements and maybe some parts. :):thanks:

Here is a picture of what i'm hoping to build, i'm not sure whether it will be a 704 or a 654 yet, probably the one with the easiest engine to source.

Wheel-Horse-704-IMGWheel043.jpg

First of all, does anyone know what thickness/ gauge of metal was used for the hood stand/ sheet metal work? Thanks Ewan

• Like 6

953 nut

:text-welcomeconfetti:  back to  :rs:  I am not sure about the hood stand, but the majority of :wh: sheet metal is 18 gauge during the '60s. With all of the great builds your dad has done I'm sure this will be a good one too.

• Like 1

C-121uk
9 minutes ago, 953 nut said:

:text-welcomeconfetti:  back to  :rs:  I am not sure about the hood stand, but the majority of :wh: sheet metal is 18 gauge during the '60s. With all of the great builds your dad has done I'm sure this will be a good one too.

Thanks, my dad will help with the welding but the rest will be purely my work :D, my last project (dare I say) was a Cub Cadet which was in a real state with rust holes everywhere so this should be a walk in the park ;)

• Like 1

C-121uk

Also could anyone help me out with where to find a parts manual if one does exist as I am having great difficulty finding one in the manuals section, thanks again.

AMC RULES

Remember to keep an open mind Ewan, when looking for your "easiest engine" to source.

There's a 22hp Kohler twin in this one here. 

IMG_6018.JPG

• Like 4

C-121uk
3 minutes ago, AMC RULES said:

Remember to keep an open mind Ewan, when looking for your "easiest engine" to source.

There's a 22hp Kohler twin in this one here. 

IMG_6018.JPG

Awesome haha, my main problem is to stop my dad wanting to make it a 4X4 :rolleyes:

• Like 3

rmaynard
50 minutes ago, C-121uk said:

Also could anyone help me out with where to find a parts manual if one does exist as I am having great difficulty finding one in the manuals section, thanks again.

Is this what you are looking for?

• Like 3

C-121uk
21 minutes ago, rmaynard said:

Is this what you are looking for?

Thank you, do you know if they did any parts diagrams?

• Like 2

rmaynard

As far as I know, the only parts diagram is what is on the last 4 pages of the manual.

• Like 2

AMC RULES

When you click on the link Bob provided...

of the four downloads available, click on this last one...

Tractor 1964 604 654 704 OM IPL #163-164.pdf
your parts diagrams are in there.   :handgestures-thumbsup:

• Like 2

C-121uk
28 minutes ago, AMC RULES said:

When you click on the link Bob provided...

of the four downloads available, click on this last one...

Tractor 1964 604 654 704 OM IPL #163-164.pdf
your parts diagrams are in there.   :handgestures-thumbsup:

Great, thanks, I was only looking at the screenshots :doh:, thanks all

• Like 1