Garrett Booker

314A

Garrett Booker

I have a 314 a i am trying to get going again. i just rewired the whole thing and I need to get the fly wheel off. I have never Had this Much trouble with removing a fly wheel. I have broken my puller and the old smack  the crank with the nut threaded all the way out didn't work it broke my crank on the second smack. I know that if I can find a new crank shaft I can get it running strong again. So my question is where do you guys get you internal parts?                 There is no threads showing out side of the flywheel

Howie

My old boss fixed a crank broken like that. Put it in a lathe bored and tapped it, cut a bolt off and put that piece in it. If I were doing that a 

little blue thread lock to hold it in place. This thing keeps changing words on me. I know that there would be cost on doing this. Spray it with penetrating oil let it soak. Do not like to but maybe a little heat.

Edited by Howie

953 nut
22 minutes ago, Garrett Booker said:

where do you guys get you internal parts?

:WRS:    a few of our vendor members can help you out; @A-Z Tractor @daveoman1966 @Joes Outdoor Power and @Kelly are all good sources, hope one of them will work out for you.          If not there is always :techie-ebay:, but prices on there have been going crazy!

• Like 2

JAinVA

Ditto to what Richard says.The biggest problem is going to be dealing with the M series balance gears.I am doing some M series Kohlers and have been getting some K series cranks to avoid the balance gear issues.Just a thought.

Edited by JAinVA
  • Like 2