Sometimes, Answers Come In Time

Daddy Don

Great looking tractor. Super clean

• Like 2

elliot ness

Looking good .:text-bravo:

• Like 1

953 nut

:text-coolphotos:            Goood looking :wh: and equally good story.  :handgestures-thumbupright:

• Like 1

Retired Wrencher

stratostar250  Looks  great Even the hard to find seat. Good things do happen in time.

• Like 1

ohiofarmer

So which engine is that? The 14 HP Predator muffler cannot be reversed and still mount the hood, so my 520 is hoodless..  I remember that the blue HFT engines were from a different manufacturer.. I wounder if my skills are enough so as to cut the pipe and run the thing as it should be?

BTW, the 14 HP HFT engine has plenty of low end grunt even for a 520 platform running at 3/4 throttle. It burns 1/2 the gas as the Onan mowing my yard. Maybe a bit slower, but it was affordable enough to save the tractor.

Edited by ohiofarmer

Sparky

Yep...looks way better than it must have with a hole in the grill.

Mike.....

• Like 1

AMC RULES

:text-yeahthat:Some nice :wh: work Tom, good job. :handgestures-thumbsup:

• Like 1

JC 1965

Great lookin tractor.     :thumbs2:  Thanks for sharing.

• Like 1

stratostar250
6 hours ago, ohiofarmer said:

So which engine is that? The 14 HP Predator muffler cannot be reversed and still mount the hood, so my 520 is hoodless..  I remember that the blue HFT engines were from a different manufacturer.. I wounder if my skills are enough so as to cut the pipe and run the thing as it should be?

BTW, the 14 HP HFT engine has plenty of low end grunt even for a 520 platform running at 3/4 throttle. It burns 1/2 the gas as the Onan mowing my yard. Maybe a bit slower, but it was affordable enough to save the tractor.

IMAG0910.jpg

The motor is a 6.5 hp "Greyhound" motor.  They were once sold at Harbor Freight, but then they had to stop because they were too similar to some Honda motor.  Amazing running little motor, starts second or third pull every time, and that's only because I run the gas out every time, otherwise it'd be first pull.  Makes the tractor super light though, wheelies in first gear are common.  

• Like 1

Elkskin's mower junkyard

this here is my 700. look at what i did to it. i pulled headlight bezal out of a newer c series and rivited it to hood

• Like 1

Retired Wrencher

stratostar250 If you can I would buy a $40,0 seat from northern tool to put on that. It is the same style as that. Those seats are very hard to find  if it is very good shape.  It  looks good from the picks. Enjoy.

stratostar250
2 hours ago, T1257 RETIRED WRENCHER. said:

stratostar250 If you can I would buy a $40,0 seat from northern tool to put on that. It is the same style as that. Those seats are very hard to find  if it is very good shape.  It  looks good from the picks. Enjoy.

It's sadly not as good as the pics make it look, but I have been taking care of it regardless, I know it is a rather rare seat, but it is about 70% good. has one large tear on the top cushion, one in the seam where your right thigh would sit on it, and one small tear in the bottom cushion, but its still in really nice shape.  I've thought about putting on another seat, but we'll see, maybe one day.