halseyn

Tires for Tub Cart

halseyn

Does anybody know a source for the original style tire that was used on the tub style dump carts. The tires appear to be flat on the tread area and have several ribs. The ones on the trailer I'm restoring are too dry rotted to reuse,  I am planning on using regular wheelbarrow tires at this point. Any advice? Please see attached picture.

IMG_3013.JPG

SylvanLakeWH

Sorry, no leads on the original tires. I have seen a number of these restored for sale on CL that have wheel barrow tires as you suggest as well. One recent one also had those solid "soft" tires so no maintenance / flats...

Please post pics of your restore - I look forward to seeing how you handle the rust holes etc.!!!

Good luck!

KC9KAS

I put wheel barrow type tires (with tubes) on my tub trailer.

They look as good as the original's.

Rob R

You put tubes into those tires and they will be good for another ten years.... in my humble opinion. You can also clean them good and then apply some Amorall and viola you are d-d-done.....

Edited by rgrottk
  • Like 1

Digger 66

If you're looking to do a factory accurate resto , I cant help . But if you're planning on using the cart , an up-grade like these might be a worthwhile investment .

Untitled_zpsxjtrzfqo.png

Edited by Digger 66

Tankman
12 hours ago, KC9KAS said:

I put wheel barrow type tires (with tubes) on my tub trailer.

They look as good as the original's.

I've done the same. Looked great, no complaints. :handgestures-thumbupright:

halseyn

Thank you all for your input, I'll be sure to post the final product, I've only got as far as sandblasting, priming and fiber glassing the back part due to all the pinholes.  Hope it turns out as good as the mower deck I did two years ago (after and before)I just love working on these Wheelhorse's but just can't always find the time..LOL

IMG_2401.JPG

IMG_2102.JPG

• Like 3