Duramax7man7

Down pressure bar lengths?

Duramax7man7

Are There different lengths of down pressure bars for the plow/dozer blade?

stevasaurus

Yes...at least 2 different lengths...maybe 3.  :)

elcamino/wheelhorse

I know there are 2 lengths  short link 5 1/2" x 1 1/4 x 1/4 inch thick. 3/8 " diameter pins on 4 inch centers.

long link 12 1/2 x 1 1/4 x 1/4inch thick  3/8 " diameter pins pn 11 1/2 " centers. 

I wonder if there is a 3rd length , I made the long link to above specs and it still does not lift the blade high enough. I have checked the attachment points 2 or 3 times to insure that I have the blade mounted correctly. The blade is mounted on a 416-8.

• Like 1

WVHillbilly520H

Short link for float on the mower lift arm, long link for down pressure on rockshaft, then there's the mid grader blade links of different lengths, the the xi series has a floating and down pressure link that's different also,Jeff.

Screenshot_2017-01-16-19-23-40.png

• Like 4

Duramax7man7

Awesome! That's good enough for me. Thank you!

• Like 1

elcamino/wheelhorse

@WVHillbilly520HI have a question the long link goes in the hole for the mower trunnion ? It would seem to me that it would goes in the 3 rd hole ( the one closest the end)for maximum blade lift.  

Duramax7man7

Yes. That is what it says. "For maximum blade lift height move the trunnion to end hole". It shows an arrow that points From the 1st hole To the 3rd hole. 

WVHillbilly520H

@elcamino/wheelhorse, just going by an older post as I use the floating link myself, but I my blade only raises 3-4" max before hitting the steering linkage that's the downside of this style blade mounting vs other brands, Jeff.

elcamino/wheelhorse

@WVHillbilly520HMine has go me puzzled it does not seem to be hitting anything , but only gets about 2 1/2" off the ground. I guess I need to take another wack at it to see if I can get it up higher. Tired of laying on wet cold ground checking things out.

Duramax7man7

Why does the oval hole have to be used for the down pressure bar???

Sarge

Oval hole is intended to give the blade a bit of float and limit down pressure - helps avoid damaging parts . Just remember , any time you are forcing the blade to the ground be prepared for it to grab something , hard...I've seen people launched over the hood when being too aggressive and using too much speed . The trip springs will help , but the faster you go the less chance they can work to prevent a damaging sudden stop when hitting something solid , like concrete and such..

Sarge

• Like 3

Duramax7man7

Gotcha. Okay thsnks for the reply. Looks like I better amke thst hole then on my extension kit. 

Duramax7man7

I went ahead and made myself one of these... Couldn't find any 1/4" x 1.25". So I used 1/4" x 1.5"

Put my plow on my 520h today. Will be giving this a test run tomorrow with the hydraulics.

20170307_212026.jpg

20170307_212017.jpg

Edited by Mastiffman
  • Like 2

Duramax7man7

Installed the bar this morning. Found the lift assembly has a broken weld at the support pivot bar to the lift arm.. SMH... I'm sure I'll find more broken welds on this 2300hr beast. ;)

Here is the result. There's a 25# weight up front. I thought there wasn't anything.

20170308_100408.jpg

20170308_100420.jpg

Edited by Mastiffman
  • Like 5

DTOM

Does anyone have an original " down pressure bracket" for the C-195?  Looking to fab one up if i can find the measurements.

DTOM

Figured it out. Its the same part as a "D" series, just mounted upside down. Ready for some serious plowing tonight.

• Like 1

Duramax7man7

Glad to hear. I might suggest keeping your plow angle as vertical as possible as this will help get a much down pressure as possible. I used mine on my 520h a bit last night to clear the drive way and neighbors driveway and I still had my plows vertical angle set to the high hole which keeps the top of the plow further back than the front. I wasn't able to put as much pressure to scrap the ice up as I wanted in forward motion.

BUT, in reverse, pulling the snow, I noticed a big difference in comparison to no DPB...