Solze1267

Solze1267

Hey guys new to the forum. Currently working on a 1267 restoration. Does anyone else have one I could pick their brain on. Sorry I don't have a complete picture of it as I joined after I started the tear down but here is where I'm at so far. The motor does run and all forward and reverse gears work, I have been in touch with my local Axalta paint store and have had a spray can made of the paint I use to check color and it's about perfect. Hopefully will have more updates soon.

IMG_0769.PNG

IMG_0770.PNG

• Like 5

SylvanLakeWH

:text-welcomeconfetti:

Some of the experts will be along shortly to help you out - you are in the right place!

Ed Kennell

:text-yeahthat:      :text-welcomeconfetti:

T-Mo

:WRS:

squonk

Did someone say 1267? :) :banana-linedance:

1967 1267.JPG

• Like 7

Solze1267

Squonk, love the tractor and that pic actually answered one of my questions. If at all possible when you get a chance could you make some measurements of your drive belt guard, mine is missing and I'm having a hard time loacating one. Figure since I have all the fab tools to make it I could give it a shot.

squonk

Solze, Here are a couple of threads with pics. Just click on the links. also you could try posting a wanted ad for the guard in the classifieds here on the forum. I'll try to get som measurments this weekend.

Edited by squonk
  • Like 1

AMC RULES

:hilarious:

Sqonk fest. 

:clap:

:WRS:

Edited by AMC RULES

Retired Wrencher

Solze1267      :WRS: OHHH the memories that brings back of the tear down. I have done many to many. But the joy it brings when you finish and anticipation of the first start up. Enjoy. 

• Like 1

953 nut

:text-welcomeconfetti:    to    :rs:I have a 1267 belt guard hanging around in the barn, I will get the measurements and post them later today.

• Like 3

Mike'sHorseBarn

:WRS:  I believe 1267's are fairly uncommon are they not?

Solze1267

Thank you all and i appreciate the help with the cover

• Like 1

DennisThornton
4 hours ago, squonk said:

Did someone say 1267? :) :banana-linedance:

1967 1267.JPG

Love those wheels weights!  Did WH market them?  Other companies too? 

953 nut

I took the pictures, it is a rather involved piece, I'm going to PM you about it.

1267 belt guard 001.JPG1267 belt guard 002.JPG1267 belt guard 006.JPG1267 belt guard 007.JPG1267 belt guard 009.JPG1267 belt guard 011.JPG1267 belt guard 012.JPG

• Like 4

Solze1267

Update on the project. Tonight we got the rear section and foot pedals off and plan to pull the motor tomorrow afternoon and plan for a not so cold day to blast the frame.

IMG_20170113_181340.jpg

• Like 4

ClassicTractorProfessor

:WRS: Looks like your getting off to a great start on your project, plenty of :wh: experts here to help you along the way. I've always liked that particular style of tractor. I've got a 1277 (hydrostat version) sitting in my shed right now waiting for some attention. Good luck, and we do like a lot of :text-coolphotos: along the way :handgestures-thumbupright:

Sarge

I've had a 1277 for around 15yrs now , love that series and especially the look they have with the '66-'67 tall , long hoods and 7-slot grill ...

The belt guards are a source of irritation - as the frame flexes they love to break those tabs off the guard . If you're having one made make sure to have a much heavier piece of metal , such as 1/8" or a little thicker - it helps.

Also , check that rear transmission mounting plate - those two year models are known for cracking them , which leads to cracking the belt guard and trans tunnel/dash tower pieces in succession as they are trying to hold the whole assembly rigid . My 1277 is awaiting a spring welder/fab fest to replace it's rear frame plate as it's been re-welded twice already - now it's shattered and has no reverse...lol .

Sarge

• Like 3

Ed Kennell

:text-yeahthat:

I agree with Sarge. IMO,  Those 7 slot grills are the best design :wh: made.

My Commando 8  and   875

IMG_4306.JPGIMG_4528.JPG

• Like 5

Solze1267

UPDATE little late posting but got it down to frame, trans, and steering. Going to degrease and pressure wash the frame to get it ready to blast/sand for primer. Can anyone help me out with what size battery to use? I tried one out of my other mower and it was way to small for the battery tray.

20170114_141127.jpg

• Like 1

pfrederi

22NF

• Like 1

squonk

Get a smaller battery box. That's what I did in my upgrade thread. Group NF battery's can be expensive $$$$$

• Like 1

Ed Kennell

I shim with plywood  around my batteries to fit the box.

BTW, What were those plates on the front end for?  :confusion-scratchheadyellow:

Edited by Ed Kennell

Solze1267

Ed do you mean on the left side up front as you look at the photo (right side in real life)? Not sure it was on it when we pulled it from the barn

Ed Kennell

Yeah, I was referring to the plate over the axle.  I went back to the first pic and see it is an angle bolted to the frame.   I know the center one is the hood support hinge.

Edited by Ed Kennell

pfrederi
1 hour ago, squonk said:

Get a smaller battery box. That's what I did in my upgrade thread. Group NF battery's can be expensive $$$$$

Agree they are more expensive....but I have a John Deere with a 22NF that is still using the original battery from 2003.